Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

Quote Originally Posted by SVT74 View Post
    Two quick points

First, I guarantee you a very large number of people at GM regularly look at GMI and know exactly what is being said on this forum. If the folks at Toyota Notth America can regularly sit around and discuss what is being said in far more obscure venues, and they do, then GMI gets a lot more attention than you think.

Two, when the Aviator and XT6 meet in a comparison the auto rags are going to absolutely crucify the Cadillac. Will that make an immediate difference in sales? No. But it will make for an interesting week or two on this forum.
    Predictions that will garner 50 pages of one thread and 38 pages of another: The Aviator will out accelerate the XT6. Handling will be very close. The Magazines will give the Aviator props for having a name and not "alphabet soup.." (I bet at least one uses "alphabet soup." The Aviator will win initially on interior design because its NEW, and the XT6's is damn near the same as the XT5 Premium Lux and Platinum for three years.

Sales discussions not covered by magazines will be another I bet.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-13-2019),Vagon11 (06-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 674 Posts

Absolutely NOTHING at all about XT6 blows me away.. That's a huge problem for a brand new Cadillac model. Styling is dated, conservative and derivative, and propulsion is uninspired and the interior is unimaginative.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bmwboy2007 For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (06-14-2019),Envoy4Life (06-14-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-13-2019),sdotjeezy (06-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,922 Times in 3,973 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Two quick points

First, I guarantee you a very large number of people at GM regularly look at GMI and know exactly what is being said on this forum. If the folks at Toyota Notth America can regularly sit around and discuss what is being said in far more obscure venues, and they do, then GMI gets a lot more attention than you think.

Two, when the Aviator and XT6 meet in a comparison the auto rags are going to absolutely crucify the Cadillac. Will that make an immediate difference in sales? No. But it will make for an interesting week or two on this forum.
    Then why is there no longer a visible presence of GM on GMI anymore?

And I don't think anyone is expecting the XT6 to win in an automag comparison with the Aviator. I will be extremely surprised if the XT6 comes out on top of the Aviator from performance oriented auto rags. But, I do expect the XT6 to hit it's target demographic square in the jaw - soccer moms.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (06-13-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    Absolutely NOTHING at all about XT6 blows me away.. That's a huge problem for a brand new Cadillac model. Styling is dated, conservative and derivative, and propulsion is uninspired and the interior is unimaginative.
    Winner winner chicken dinner...The XT6 is as uninspiring as it comes. Didn't even bother w/ the build and price because there is 0 incentive for me to even think about moving up from the Buick to the 'Lac. Anyway arguing XT6 vs Aviator all day isn't going to change anything...the proof is going to be in the sales numbers and ATPs of the two. Just curious tho...is there any mention of supercruise in the B&P?

One thing I hate about almost all Cadillac SUVs/CUVs is how the front fascia actually comes down lower than any other part of the vehicle...looks like a kid wearing a cheap Halloween mask.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

bmwboy2007 (06-13-2019),Envoy4Life (06-14-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-14-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-13-2019),ryannel2003 (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Well you could say that about quite a lot of vehicles,(The Aviator springs to mind. Just remove the badges) and that argument is as old as automobiles going back 100+ years.

You could remove the badges from most Cadillac vehicles, and a good amount of people would still know what they are. If you remove the badges from the Aviator, would many people know it was a Lincoln?
    Gen 1, 2 and even 3 CTS really sealed a specific and identifiable Cadillac design. The CT5 does NOT look like a Cadillac except for the badges and the vertical DRL lighting when it is on. It doesn't look expensive. Saw it in NYC while there. Nice car but not premium looking. Same thing I'm saying about the XT6. Nice ride but not "Cadillac I know" nice. That's what I mean about the newest Cadillac design. America is Cadillac's home market. We got nice bold unique designs from them until they decided that Asian money meant more than our money and everything that comes from them is catered to them now design-wise.
    RedSkyBlackDream

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner...The XT6 is as uninspiring as it comes. Didn't even bother w/ the build and price because there is 0 incentive for me to even think about moving up from the Buick to the 'Lac.

One thing I hate about almost all Cadillac SUVs/CUVs is how the front fascia actually comes down lower than any other part of the vehicle...looks like a kid wearing a cheap Halloween mask.
    I built one just because i love Caddy but half way through i saw that the lower half of the front end was in that gray cladding that plagues the bottom of the front of the XT4. The only color it looked decent in was Black. I was around 66K when I stopped building I think.
    RedSkyBlackDream

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Then why is there no longer a visible presence of GM on GMI anymore?

And I don't think anyone is expecting the XT6 to win in an automag comparison with the Aviator. I will be extremely surprised if the XT6 comes out on top of the Aviator from performance oriented auto rags. But, I do expect the XT6 to hit it's target demographic square in the jaw - soccer moms.
    If you look for a significant Toyota presence in the internet world you won’t find it either. I think observation is much more common than participation, and the latter can be really dangerous for some folks.

I think the Aviator carries a more prestigious look to it as well which I believe will make a difference. And I do think that the rwd proportions have something to do with that. Ironically, as crossovers go down in size I would think a fwd platform detracts from proportions progressively less. I say ironically because I think cars arguably see the exact opposite affect on their overall proportions as size changes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    CT6 isn't exactly lighting up the sales charts. Hell, it had to be resurrected Jesus Christ style to save face, remember?
    I told you Jesus drove a Cadillac.

I doubt he be caught dead or alive in a Lincoln .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

The Escalade and Escalade ESV are $3K difference in price - The XT5 and XT6 are a little over $10K difference in price. Why?

I probably wouldn't be this hard on Cadillac if I didn't love them so much or if I felt they priced the car according to what it is (an XT5 with a 3rd row).

Whatever man... Agree to disagree. We are all split about this vehicle.

*bangs gavel and yells* NEXT CASE!
    RedSkyBlackDream

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

Everything is a stopgap measure at GM. I have less and less interest in GM everyday.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisswilly For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (06-14-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 2,496 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I built one the other day for a tad under 60k. It was nice but I don't get the paint prices. Makes no sense to me to have them all basically be $625 more and only one no cost option.

I just wish Cadillac would offer the best warranty in the business to bring back some consumer confidence in the brand.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Related note, website says only three days until you can reserve the CT5...hoping that means the Configurator will be available then:

https://www.cadillac.com/future-conc...cles/ct5-sedan
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyg For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-13-2019),CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15 ATS Performance AWD

I hate- no loath- this vehicle so damn much! Uninspired, boring, tepid, lowest common segment denominator, "good enough mentality". It actually makes me feel slightly nauseous to be honest. So I bet it will sell like hot cakes!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CadillacSA For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (06-14-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    I built one just because i love Caddy but half way through i saw that the lower half of the front end was in that gray cladding that plagues the bottom of the front of the XT4. The only color it looked decent in was Black. I was around 66K when I stopped building I think.

Interesting? That area on the Premium Luxury was essentially body color when the vehicle was revealed, I wonder if that is the base version, and the picture when you build it is wrong?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (06-14-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Two quick points

Anything is greater than zero, which is the amount of attention I think they give us, so that clause is correct.

The XT5 and XT6 are a little over $10K difference in price
    The XT6 doesn't have a base trim. How much less is the XT5 Premium Luxury?
    Last edited by ral1960; 06-13-2019 at 08:59 PM.

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information