Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

Thanks
    Thanked 7,516 Times in 3,806 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    As far as styling goes, you are in the minority. Lincoln's new styling is resonating well with the public, and people are actually talking about the brand for the first time in... 30 or so years?

Besides, Cadillac styling is at a low point right now. That stupid derivative Escala concept killed any chance of a jaw dropping, uniquely Cadillac design for the next 5-10 years.

You can't look at XT6 and say "Wow what a great design!" or "Wow, that's a Cadillac!". It could be anything. A Kia. A Volvo. A Hyundai. A Ford. Anything. It looks like it came out of an Allstate ad.

All biases aside, it's hard to argue that Cadillac is on a better track than Lincoln right now. Their management is better, their end plan is better and better defined, and most importantly, their cars are better. We can go back-and-forth all day long, but at the end of the day, it's the product that matters, and Lincoln's new cars are better than Cadillac's new cars. As a Cadillac fan I hope this changes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Because nobody is buying big sedans anymore.

CT6 isn't exactly lighting up the sales charts. Hell, it had to be resurrected Jesus Christ style to save face, remember?
    And your post just summed up my biggest issue, your use of "stupid". So, because I like the Escala, you are calling my tastes "stupid". I didn't call your tastes "stupid" because you like Lincoln. You are basing Cadillac's entire lineup on the XT6, where the XT6 is but one product of many. You are mistaking your tastes for fact.

No, I do not find the XT6 to be exciting, but I am not its target market. I also do not like the styling of the Lincoln Navigator and Aviator. But to me, there is no mistaking any Cadillac for anything but a Cadillac. Take the Lincoln badge off and you are left with a hodgepodge of borrowed styling cues. But these are my opinions, apparently your way of thinking is a fact.

And I'm not sure what of Lincoln's product is better. What is out there isn't selling any better. And certainly you aren't telling me vehicles that no one has driven yet are better.

And using the Continental/CT6, yes, the market is small. However, if the Continental is so superior, it should still outsell the CT6 by a decent margin, albeit low volumes.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019),Dheart (06-14-2019),JimmyDiablo (06-13-2019),jzchev28 (06-13-2019),rougeriver (06-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I did one that came out at about $62K.

I suspect that the ATP on the XT6 will be about $70K +/-.
    I bet it's way closer to 60K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

ryannel2003 (06-13-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

As far as styling goes, you are in the minority. Lincoln's new styling is resonating well with the public, and people are actually talking about the brand for the first time in... 30 or so years?

Besides, Cadillac styling is at a low point right now. That stupid derivative Escala concept killed any chance of a jaw dropping, uniquely Cadillac design for the next 5-10 years.

You can't look at XT6 and say "Wow what a great design!" or "Wow, that's a Cadillac!". It could be anything. A Kia. A Volvo. A Hyundai. A Ford. Anything. It looks like it came out of an Allstate ad.

All biases aside, it's hard to argue that Cadillac is on a better track than Lincoln right now. Their management is better, their end plan is better and better defined, and most importantly, their cars are better. We can go back-and-forth all day long, but at the end of the day, it's the product that matters, and Lincoln's new cars are better than Cadillac's new cars. As a Cadillac fan I hope this changes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Because nobody is buying big sedans anymore.

CT6 isn't exactly lighting up the sales charts. Hell, it had to be resurrected Jesus Christ style to save face, remember?
    like lincoln's sales are lighting them up? I bet cadillac outsells them handily this year. They both have four crossovers, a large SUV, and Cadillac has three sedans, Lincoln two. Let's go to the tape at the end of the year!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Why thread over? We want Cadillac to become a better brand and the XT6 to become a better car. FWD isn't necessarily a death knell to a CUV, or even a car. Plenty of them make it work. XT6 being FWD isn't close to being its biggest problem.

XT6 needs more power, better styling, and a better interior. Basically, it needs a full redesign already. Which sucks. It's rare that new cars are DOA right out of the gate, but at the prices they're looking to ask for for this thing... it's hard to defend it.

Saying "ah that's fine!" and accepting the XT6 for what it currently is just gives GM/Cadillac incentive to mail it in, and that will lead to more dull, uninspired cars like XT6. We don't want that. Or at least I don't, as both a Cadillac fan and owner.
    Your opinion. Styling is very nice.. inside and out. The Power situation is fine as well.. it only needs an optional more powerful engine. Versus the competition it is on point. MOre powerful than the RX350L and MDX.. on level with the XC90 and Q7(except again the optional engine). The Aviator HAD TO make a splash.. the Lincoln brand needs a hit so bad that I'm surprised they didn't debut it with the GT500's engine and wings to fly
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

Dheart (06-14-2019),jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    It doesn't offer anything new and exciting, Cadillac already told us why.
    It is based on a GMC Acadia that has been available since 2016 so NO!!! I STILL don't know why it offers nothing new or exciting and Cadillac's consumer relations nor anyone on the web can tell me why. If it showed up sooner I would get it. They plenty time to give it a groundbreaking interior at the least. Did I fall asleep looking at it when Cadillac told everyone why it's an XT5 "ESV"?
    RedSkyBlackDream

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

I think it's fair to point out that the XTS is the Continentals real Cadillac competitor. The CT6 carries a base price some $10K higher.

Even at that, the CT6 has outsold the Continental by almost 1000 so far this year and has cumulatively out sold it since the Continental came to market in September 2016 (The CT6 had a 6 month head start)

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/10...onthly-yearly/

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/07...s-figures-usa/

Starting September 2016, when the Continental first came to market:

A grand total of 28,813 for the CT6 as of March 31 this year.
    A grand total of 27,386 for the Continental for the same period.

That aside, I'm very surprised the Continental hasn't done far better than it has. Especially considering all the hype and Buzz surrounding it before and during its launch. The airwaves were full of "Return of a storied name". ...."This is great!"......."Cadillac better watch out"......."Names for cars are great!"........ "Ford reports 40,000 people have said they want one to buy"........etc., etc.

I remember posting about the time it came to market that I thought Continental would easily do at least 2K a month on average. Don't think it ever got close to that.

But, all academic now.
    Last edited by megeebee; 06-13-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-13-2019),CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019),Dheart (06-14-2019),jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Take the Lincoln badge off and you are left with a hodgepodge of borrowed styling cues. But these are my opinions, apparently your way of thinking is a fact.
    ...remove the vertical DRL's off of any of Cadillac's newest designs and I bet you no one would guess it's a Cadillac. #NowTHATisAFact
    RedSkyBlackDream

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RedSkyBlackDream For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (06-14-2019)

Thanks

And your post just summed up my biggest issue, your use of "stupid". So, because I like the Escala, you are calling my tastes "stupid". I didn't call your tastes "stupid" because you like Lincoln. You are basing Cadillac's entire lineup on the XT6, where the XT6 is but one product of many. You are mistaking your tastes for fact.

No, I do not find the XT6 to be exciting, but I am not its target market. I also do not like the styling of the Lincoln Navigator and Aviator. But to me, there is no mistaking any Cadillac for anything but a Cadillac. Take the Lincoln badge off and you are left with a hodgepodge of borrowed styling cues. But these are my opinions, apparently your way of thinking is a fact.

And I'm not sure what of Lincoln's product is better. What is out there isn't selling any better. And certainly you aren't telling me vehicles that no one has driven yet are better.

And using the Continental/CT6, yes, the market is small. However, if the Continental is so superior, it should still outsell the CT6 by a decent margin, albeit low volumes.
    He doesn't seem to get it. To hell with demographics and studies that suggest that it is absolutely POINTLESS having a RWD vs FWD debate for the target market.. they are the same people who didn't know if their BMW was fwd or rwd.. confirmed by their own former CEO Norbert Reithofer.

I will say that Lincoln/Ford did a few things to dupe the foolish non-buying enthusiasts into buying their BS.. 1) They gave it a name. 2) They made it RWD. 3) The gave it a lot of HP. Cadillac could come out and quell that issue a simple engine upgrade and done is done. They used the same HP rating in the Continental and still couldn't beat the, at the time, 3 year old XTS-VSport, nor the CT6 3.0LTT. It would be like as if Cadillac decided to bring back the Catera.. but this time it debuted with the LF3, AWD standard, and an apology hand-written and signed by the entire marketing team from 1997 for the Zig commercials they made us watch
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-13-2019),Dheart (06-14-2019),jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    It is based on a GMC Acadia that has been available since 2016 so NO!!! I STILL don't know why it offers nothing new or exciting and Cadillac's consumer relations nor anyone on the web can tell me why. If it showed up sooner I would get it. They plenty time to give it a groundbreaking interior at the least. Did I fall asleep looking at it when Cadillac told everyone why it's an XT5 "ESV"?
    What's new and exciting about any car that comes out these days? Seriously? When U see a Tesla ModelX.. arguably the most technically advanced mass selling CUvs on the road today.. does it get U excited after seeing a Tesla Model S for 4 years before? I was like "meh.." when I saw my first.

Not to mention.. the XT6 might be the most GMI Covered CUV in the history of the site. I guarantee I can find at least 10 Threads on the vehicle, or alluding to the vehicle that I posted in as CMiatso DaBang or DaBangBang since Dec

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I think it's fair to point out that the XTS is the Continentals real Cadillac competitor. The CT6 carries a base price some $10K higher.

Even at that, the CT6 has outsold the Continental by almost 1000 so far this year and has cumulatively out sold it since the Continental came to market in September 2016 (The CT6 had a 6 month head start)

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/10...onthly-yearly/

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/07...s-figures-usa/

Starting September 2016, when the Continental first came to market:

A grand total of 28,813 for the CT6 as of March 31 this year.
    A grand total of 27,386 for the Continental for the same period.

That aside, I'm very surprised the Continental hasn't done far better than it has. Especially considering all the hype and Buzz surrounding it before and during its launch. The airwaves were full of "Return of a storied name". ...."This is great!"......."Cadillac better watch out"......."Names for cars are great!"........ "Ford reports 40,000 people have said they want one to buy"........etc., etc.

I remember posting about the time it came to market that I thought Continental would easily do at least 2K a month on average. Don't think it ever got close to that.

But, all academic now.
    HUGE!!! Someone else finally says it too. XTS sitting on the lot next to the CT6 with a $10K price drop beats the Continental at the same price.. then the icing on the cake is Cadillac has THAT CT6 there.. still beating the Continental... which.. was literally resurrected from the dead, name and all. Not Jesus Christ style.. but more like Lazarus... who came back.. and did nothing of note

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-13-2019),megeebee (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    What's new and exciting about any car that comes out these days? Seriously?
    Styling and technology normally gets me going. Features as well.

I'm sure no one with a Lamborghini Urus is ever going to tow with it but something as simple as that power retracting tow hitch it features tickle me. Something as simple and thoughtful as the new Aviator "greeting you" by kneeling/lowering when you walk up to it is neat too.

Maybe I'm easily impressed or wowed but these are some things that should be on a Cadillac. Power/soft closing doors too. The mediocrity Cadillac is trying to get away with is beyond annoying when I know they can do better.
    RedSkyBlackDream

Thanks

Styling and technology normally gets me going. Features as well.

I'm sure no one with a Lamborghini Urus is ever going to tow with it but something as simple as that power retracting tow hitch it features tickle me. Something as simple and thoughtful as the new Aviator "greeting you" by kneeling/lowering when you walk up to it is neat too.

Maybe I'm easily impressed or wowed but these are some things that should be on a Cadillac. Power/soft closing doors too. The mediocrity Cadillac is trying to get away with is beyond annoying when I know they can do better.
    I really can't argue with your opinion.. I respect it. It has no fanboyism in it.. just your desires. Mad props. My thing is that people need to understand that the XT6 is a damn XT5-L. It wasn't meant to be the savior of Cadillac's image.. and by right.. it shouldn't have to be.

Do we expect any crossover utilizing the status quo to actually do anything to raise a brands perception? The truth of the matter is that even with Mercedes, the current leader in luxury, the only SUV/CUV that they currently have that truly offers a glimpse of raising any bar is he G-Wagon. And that vehicle is still basically the same as it was 1000 years ago. The GLS, GLE, GLC, and GLA really do nothing so extraordinary that they make one believe that outside the emblem that they are truly special. I have experience in both the GLS and GLE one on one, and I could not for the life of me figure out why, in this case, the GLS was considered anything superior to an Escalade with a similar drive train. These vehicle are fluff. They are profit makers.

All that being said.. the XT5 and now XT6 have their own special qualities.. but U are correct in alluding to the fact that they bring nothing seriously special to a segment that really isn't ENTHUSIAST DRIVEN. The Escalade's job is that.

I think people get so excited about Lincoln doing anything even remotely different for no other reason than they have not only attempted to mail it in for the past 20 years.. but forgot to attach a stamp when they put it in the mailbox.
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

The $75,500 version of the Sport I built on Cadillac's site had a crazy amount of features, standard and optional. All it needs is that TTV6 with 355HP/400T, but the average soccer mom doesn't care about that aspect. I don't think the price is outrageous or out of line with the competition at all.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019),Dheart (06-14-2019),jzchev28 (06-13-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Two quick points

First, I guarantee you a very large number of people at GM regularly look at GMI and know exactly what is being said on this forum. If the folks at Toyota Notth America can regularly sit around and discuss what is being said in far more obscure venues, and they do, then GMI gets a lot more attention than you think.

Two, when the Aviator and XT6 meet in a comparison the auto rags are going to absolutely crucify the Cadillac. Will that make an immediate difference in sales? No. But it will make for an interesting week or two on this forum.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SVT74 For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (06-14-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-13-2019),rodd62 (06-17-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

...remove the vertical DRL's off of any of Cadillac's newest designs and I bet you no one would guess it's a Cadillac. #NowTHATisAFact
    Well you could say that about quite a lot of vehicles,(The Aviator springs to mind. Just remove the badges) and that argument is as old as automobiles going back 100+ years.

You could remove the badges from most Cadillac vehicles, and a good amount of people would still know what they are. If you remove the badges from the Aviator, would many people know it was a Lincoln?
    Last edited by SKH; 06-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.

29. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information