Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up - Page 12

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

Thanks

Re: Cadillac XT6 Build and Price Configurator Now Up

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    I'm cool with spreading the platform out in anyway possible.. that being said.. the BONES can go under what ever.. and to be honest that's where we are going in a few.. VSx is gonna be under every division. Its not the bones, but the skin and tech. Also.. I have zero issue with this "stepping on toes" thing. Each brand should be operating as if the other doesn't exists, with the exception of engines. It worked back in the day. Divisions competed against each other.. and U had some of the most iconic names in history during that time. Olds442.. Buick GNX... Chevelle.. GTO.. to name a few. LOL.. I'm actually a lil pissed about that right now as I wanna yank the 396ci outta my Impala and put a crazy powerful 455 Buick engine it, but I'd have to put a ***kin adapter on to bolt it to the tranny.
    Keep in mind, that autonomy came from a time where GM owned a substantially larger part of the market...In order to keep up w/ the times and maximize profitability w/ their diminished market share, they need to reduce cost by eliminating overlap/redundancy...cover all segments, but cover them once and well.

That's the point tho.. re-read what I said. The Platform ain't gonna pay for itself (altho I'm convinced that its paid for as its development was pre BK and was included in the Chapt 13) Even still.. my point was a decontented, platform in the same way that the Phaeton was to the A8 for VW a decade ago
    The Phaeton failed because it exceeded VWs ceiling in pricing...if it was decontented, it wasn't decontented enough. Omega could work if they proliferated more...CUVs/ Chevy Sedan/Large Muscle-coupe (Chevelle???)...I wouldn't decontent as far as you would, but I'd use the ---- out of it and charge a good amount for it when used. Upper end Challenger sales show that people still want a large powerful coupe. A Chevelle return would hurt FCA...GM just doesn't have the balls to do it.

I don't agree with the cloth thing .. Cadillac should offer a cloth option..albeit velour.. but still
    Ok...maybe I went to far w. the no cloth thing...but damn at least drop the Sierra W/T...that should be a Silverado thing.

I actually wouldn't have a problem w/ a Cadillac w/ tufted velour seating...it'll have to be a modern-ish take on it sorta like the Continental and Aviators, but w/ velour...I can see that working in a Cadillac.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    XT5 sells at a higher price??? 2 seconds and I found a brand new XT5 for $39K...I'm pretty sure I can find lower if I dug.

Like I said... this December, Cadillac lots are going to be jam packed w/ XT6s at $46K...early Jan you'll see a few dealer special 2019s for $42-43K....that's where it'll sell.
    You just keep moving the goalposts around. Stay on track. You know we were talking about list prices. And let's see the equipment on that $39k XT5. The XT6 doesn't offer a base model, you have to go up a model on the XT5 to be close in equipment. But you'll just move the goal posts again or make up some more insane assumptions to back up your theories.

In fact I just went to their website. That XT5 has an MSRP of $43 thousand, a whopping $4k off list. Give it up.
    Last edited by LowRider; 06-18-2019 at 11:33 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (06-18-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    You just keep moving the goalposts around. Stay on track. You know we were talking about list prices. And let's see the equipment on that $39k XT5. The XT6 doesn't offer a base model, you have to go up a model on the XT5 to be close in equipment. But you'll just move the goal posts again or make up some more insane assumptions to back up your theories..
    Moving the Goalposts??? insane theories??? I provided evidence, you only spout drivel. Do you even know what moving the goalposts mean because it's not applicable in the context of the conversation. You said the XT5 sells for more...I provided evidence that it doesn't. I can tell you this from personal experience....My '19 Enclave stickered at $47K...I got it for $41 in Dec w/ little to no haggling (Essence, 20" wheels, double roof, nav)...a couple months later, there were brand new units minus the Double roof advertised for $36K...brand new '19s for 9-10K off MSRP. You don't think that'll happen to the XT6? You're kidding yourself.

The example posted had a MSRP of $46K...now it's $39.9.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep in mind, that autonomy came from a time where GM owned a substantially larger part of the market...In order to keep up w/ the times and maximize profitability w/ their diminished market share, they need to reduce cost by eliminating overlap/redundancy...cover all segments, but cover them once and well.

The Phaeton failed because it exceeded VWs ceiling in pricing...if it was decontented, it wasn't decontented enough. Omega could work if they proliferated more...CUVs/ Chevy Sedan/Large Muscle-coupe (Chevelle???)...I wouldn't decontent as far as you would, but I'd use the ---- out of it and charge a good amount for it when used. Upper end Challenger sales show that people still want a large powerful coupe. A Chevelle return would hurt FCA...GM just doesn't have the balls to do it.

Ok...maybe I went to far w. the no cloth thing...but damn at least drop the Sierra W/T...that should be a Silverado thing.

I actually wouldn't have a problem w/ a Cadillac w/ tufted velour seating...it'll have to be a modern-ish take on it sorta like the Continental and Aviators, but w/ velour...I can see that working in a Cadillac.

Dude.. the Chevelle returning would be phenomenal if they stuck to the formula. Hell even if it was a sister to that Impala but coupe

My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-18-2019)

Thanks

Dude.. the Chevelle returning would be phenomenal if they stuck to the formula. Hell even if it was a sister to that Impala but coupe

And to show you how messed up GM is internally, somebody probably got fired because the Avista looked so damn good. But all that said, If I ran GM there wouldn't be a single RWD Buick...That's for Cadillac and Chevy Performance.

A 755hp Chevelle would be amazing...I'd do immoral things to get one...sell my wife's Buick,my Dodge and Versa, buy her another 2014 Town and Country and put all that down on a 60+mo finance term. I'd do it. For all the loving feelings I have for the Challenger HC...I still haven't made the jump, a Chevelle on the other hand would make me jump.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Moving the Goalposts??? insane theories??? I provided evidence, you only spout drivel. Do you even know what moving the goalposts mean because it's not applicable in the context of the conversation. You said the XT5 sells for more...I provided evidence that it doesn't. I can tell you this from personal experience....My '19 Enclave stickered at $47K...I got it for $41 in Dec w/ little to no haggling (Essence, 20" wheels, double roof, nav)...a couple months later, there were brand new units minus the Double roof advertised for $36K...brand new '19s for 9-10K off MSRP. You don't think that'll happen to the XT6? You're kidding yourself.

The example posted had a MSRP of $46K...now it's $39.9.
    There's a whole group of them listed with MSRP at 43k discounted to 39K. What are other discounts are they applying to that one, or is it a demo or something? I don't see it. Even then it 7k off list. You're talking discounting an XT6 about 15K. Not happening.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

The Avista was gorgeous, but of course it's a show car and if produced would have looked somewhat different. But yeah, I would have loved to see it produced. The market just isn't there for just about anything but CUV's right now. Can't wait for this fad to go away.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-18-2019),CMiatso DaBang (06-18-2019)

Thanks

There's a whole group of them listed with MSRP at 43k discounted to 39K. What are other discounts are they applying to that one, or is it a demo or something? I don't see it.
    You're right on the $43K MSRP...my bad on the 46...but fact of the matter is that these are brand spankin new XT5s for 39-40K.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

You're right on the $43K MSRP...my bad on the 46...but fact of the matter is that these are brand spankin new XT5s for 39-40K.
    I understand, but they're base FWD models being discounted $4k. Not a big deal. The XT6 doesn't even have a base model. It's basically equal to the XT5 premium luxury. Which probably lists around 50k. The XT6 will probably sell fairly well IMO. It's not that much more than a comparably equipped XT5. Depends on if you want that third row. I think the XT6 is nicer looking than the XT5 also.

Thanks

I understand, but they're base FWD models being discounted $4k. Not a big deal. The XT6 doesn't even have a base model. It's basically equal to the XT5 premium luxury. Which probably lists around 50k. The XT6 will probably sell fairly well IMO. It's not that much more than a comparably equipped XT5. Depends on if you want that third row. I think the XT6 is nicer looking than the XT5 also.
    The XT4 is Cadillac's best looking CUV as the XT6 has a giant face w/ tiny squinty eyes and a ginormous smile...it's a mismash of disproportionate Escala elements that just don't look well together. Couple that w/ the price and it's inevitable comparisons to the Aviator, I just feel like its doomed to fail.

As far as the "Base" model thing is concerned...In my eyes, whatever the cheapest model is...that's the base even if not named so. So whichever is the cheapest, that'll be the one that gets marked down to move most of its volume.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

The XT4 is Cadillac's best looking CUV as the XT6 has a giant face w/ tiny squinty eyes and a ginormous smile...it's a mismash of disproportionate Escala elements that just don't look well together. Couple that w/ the price and it's inevitable comparisons to the Aviator, I just feel like its doomed to fail.

As far as the "Base" model thing is concerned...In my eyes, whatever the cheapest model is...that's the base even if not named so. So whichever is the cheapest, that'll be the one that gets marked down to move most of its volume.
    Well styling is subjective. And yeah the lower priced XT6 will be marked down for dealers to advertise, but an AWD model is still around 56K so you might see it marked down to lower 50's. Your claim of 42K is way off base IMO. And sure the Aviator will do fine. But the car that that's going to jump off the lots is the Explorer at low 30's base MSRP.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,054 Times in 1,672 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Dealer's got two XT6's... a white one and a black one.

These look outstanding. The exterior is differentiated quite a lot from the XT5, much bigger in person.
    It's very handsome and classy... just what well-heeled women are going to want in a luxury CUV.

Well done.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    It's very handsome and classy... just what well-heeled women are going to want in a luxury CUV.

Well done.
    Agreed. Saw it at NYAS very impressed.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112