Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy - Page 8

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 115 of 115

Thread: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

  1. #106
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 958 Times in 473 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    to the bolded... TRUE!!!!

    to the FAST TRACKING... OK.. As long as it works better than AUTO PILOT in terms of sfety I'm happy.
    Yeah...my wife hates the car talk. Like when I try to explain to her how my MSRT is different from the SXT...she just nods and goes yeah..."Same car".
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    2,350
    Thanked 759 Times in 453 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The CTS-V has imo the best looking front end clip of all of the Super sedans. It’s so good that if they’d put the regular Corvette V8 in it, removed the hood vent to tone it down, and sold it for $70K fully loaded as a mid point CTS with the look of the V Series, they’d have sold tons of them. Thinking about that for a moment, and the new entry point V’s are starting to make more sense

    I’d love to see a pure track focused sedan packing a high revving NA V8 with a manual. 3 tiers with 3 engine/tuning options is a bit much for a declining segment model. It looks like they will push to keep all the CT4/5 V cars under 80k. So I don’t expect power to be be above 600 on any of them. You want big power see the CT6-V models which I expect to eventually be two options as well. With the hybrid power out of the C8 to make its way into a ultimate CT6-V and possible SUV.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

  4. #108
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 958 Times in 473 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    I’d love to see a pure track focused sedan packing a high revving NA V8 with a manual. 3 tiers with 3 engine/tuning options is a bit much for a declining segment model. It looks like they will push to keep all the CT4/5 V cars under 80k. So I don’t expect power to be be above 600 on any of them. You want big power see the CT6-V models which I expect to eventually be two options as well. With the hybrid power out of the C8 to make its way into a ultimate CT6-V and possible SUV.
    I was hoping that the CT4v would debut w/ a 455ish hp LT1
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #109
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    1,053
    Thanked 539 Times in 319 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I was hoping that the CT4v would debut w/ a 455ish hp LT1
    Well,with the next tier of V performance you may get your wish.

    I was just hoping for another TTV6

  7. #110
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 asrapid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,028
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 598 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    All of my bitching about Cadillac aside, I'm going to take a hard look at a CT5 this holiday season...I'm in the market and leasing is definitely out of question due to my daily 80mi round trip commute so I have to purchase and as we all know, you NEVER buy a new BMW/MB/Audi 'cuz maintenance and all, and Cadillac is budget luxury...which sort of fits my cheap ass.
    .
    Go with Genesis G70...orG80

  8. #111
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 958 Times in 473 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    Go with Genesis G70...orG80
    I see a few G80s in my area...one of them a slick dark gray 3.3T Sport model, It's crossed my mind. My thing is that it's probably due for a redesign and I'm not a fan of buying a car on its way out. I'd at least like to have the new version for a while before an updated version comes out.

    That's actually part of the reason I bought the Enclave, I know GM will let it sit for a few years before updating it seeing how the last gen went for like 11 years.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  9. #112
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,638
    Thanks
    5,217
    Thanked 7,516 Times in 3,806 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    It seems that I say everything they do isn't good because as of late, everything they do isn't all good...its as if they're just going through the motions. Hardly "Daring Greatly"
    XT6 - bunt and a miss, I'd Rather have an Avenir
    XT5 - meh, but wasn't geared towards me
    XT4 - looks better than the XT5
    CT5 - kinda good minus the C Pillar, but whatever, it'll get tinted anyway if I get one
    CT4 - kinda like it
    CT6 - exterior yes!!!...interior hard no
    VSeries shown this week....NOPE!

    Meanwhile a few years ago:
    Gen 3 CTS - liked it....V really liked it
    ATS - liked it....V really liked it
    Gen 2 CTS - hated the base front end and the decision to bring the Wagon before the coupe. Loved all the Vs
    Gen 4 Escalade - like it eventhough it isn't much different from Yukon

    Don't know if you noticed...that's a downward trend and it isn't just me. Should I accustom myself to disappointment and just swallow the finger chili because I like the Cadillac brand? No, that'll be doing a disservice to myself.
    Well, for myself is:
    XT6 - not for me but I think it hits the target for its intended market very well. So win to me and not worth 50 pages of bellyaching.
    XT5 - same as XT6
    XT4 - love it, needs more engine!
    CT4 - love it, especially the lower hp V!
    CT5 - love it, though I like the looks of the luxury version over the sport (I saw them in the flesh at the NY Auto Show, has a lot more presence than pictures show) - again, not worthy of 50 pages of bellyaching over a trip piece most people haven't seen in real life.
    CT6 - love it, I like the interior, more so when the engine is on/electronics are on. Interior looks particularly "dead" without the electronics. With that said, I do think the CT6 interior can be designed better, along the lines of the Escalada. But again, to my eyes not so bad it needs 50 pages of complains.
    VSeries show this week - awesome extension of the V lineup and certain to bring more people into the brand.

    Clearly I like the Gen 2 era of Cadillac (bought my ATS), but I hated gen 1 Cadillac - the original CTS, SRX and STS all looked blah to me, I wanted to like them, but didn't.

    I am perfectly fine with you, or anyone not liking what they are doing. But why is it anyone that likes what Cadillac is doing are a bunch of idiot yes men that will like anything Cadillac does? Clearly I like what Cadillac is doing, I bought one, CMiatso has bought several - we both like the direction Cadillac is taking, we are the people Cadillac is marketing too, yet our opinions are not valued. Seems to me like several people like German cars, don't want to admit it, and want Cadillac to build German clones.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    JimmyDiablo (06-03-2019),jzchev28 (06-03-2019),rougeriver (06-03-2019)

  11. #113
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkillz View Post
    Is the CT4 not on the alpha 2 platform like the CT5?
    That’s a great question. I assumed it was, but the fact the CT4 has the WB of the ATS means that is not necessarily the case. Clearly the CT5 is a much more thorough redesign, than the CT4.

    I guess there could be more to Alpha 2.0 than basic dimensions though. Underneath CT4 it could have improvements that warrants the Alpha 2 moniker.

  12. #114
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    17,222
    Thanks
    2,069
    Thanked 4,125 Times in 2,378 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Well, for myself is:
    XT6 - not for me but I think it hits the target for its intended market very well. So win to me and not worth 50 pages of bellyaching.
    XT5 - same as XT6
    XT4 - love it, needs more engine!
    CT4 - love it, especially the lower hp V!
    CT5 - love it, though I like the looks of the luxury version over the sport (I saw them in the flesh at the NY Auto Show, has a lot more presence than pictures show) - again, not worthy of 50 pages of bellyaching over a trip piece most people haven't seen in real life.
    CT6 - love it, I like the interior, more so when the engine is on/electronics are on. Interior looks particularly "dead" without the electronics. With that said, I do think the CT6 interior can be designed better, along the lines of the Escalada. But again, to my eyes not so bad it needs 50 pages of complains.
    VSeries show this week - awesome extension of the V lineup and certain to bring more people into the brand.

    Clearly I like the Gen 2 era of Cadillac (bought my ATS), but I hated gen 1 Cadillac - the original CTS, SRX and STS all looked blah to me, I wanted to like them, but didn't.

    I am perfectly fine with you, or anyone not liking what they are doing. But why is it anyone that likes what Cadillac is doing are a bunch of idiot yes men that will like anything Cadillac does? Clearly I like what Cadillac is doing, I bought one, CMiatso has bought several - we both like the direction Cadillac is taking, we are the people Cadillac is marketing too, yet our opinions are not valued. Seems to me like several people like German cars, don't want to admit it, and want Cadillac to build German clones.
    You already OWN A CADILLAC. Cadillac can not survive selling current owners cars. It can't. It won't. You have to attract new blood and these cars will do it. People will say that have a V and be happy.

    I think you've got us all wrong. We're just pissed these are branded V cars. Aside from 1LE GM has done amazing work with V. Literally amazing. Put out beautiful cars that destroy the competition. Now, we have to ask what V you have. The sporty one or the performance one. That's heart breaking.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

    sdotjeezy (06-03-2019)

  14. #115
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid sfbreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,201
    Thanks
    7,593
    Thanked 8,701 Times in 5,617 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    I just find it so laughable how salty people are especially when they are found to be wrong. They just can’t admit that they are on the wrong side of the fence on this one. So sad. I guess the Benz isn’t putting a big enough smile on your face smh hahahaha
    Wrong side of the fence about...?

    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    You already OWN A CADILLAC. Cadillac can not survive selling current owners cars. It can't. It won't. You have to attract new blood and these cars will do it. People will say that have a V and be happy.

    I think you've got us all wrong. We're just pissed these are branded V cars. Aside from 1LE GM has done amazing work with V. Literally amazing. Put out beautiful cars that destroy the competition. Now, we have to ask what V you have. The sporty one or the performance one. That's heart breaking.
    It's the boneheaded decision-making that corrupts everything. If they turn V-series into Vsport and make the former "V" "Blackwing" as others have suggested, it'll be another absolute disaster, and a self-inflicted wound that never had to happen.

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2