Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,852 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Autoweek is talking/speculating around $57K for CT5-V announced yesterday. Add $10K for Fire Breather??

CT4-V of course less.

https://autoweek.com/article/luxury/...abviAzwTJi3Ayk
    If the CT5-V is a V8, I’d peg it at $75-85 to start. Right now CTS-V starts at around $89K, so as the CT5-V is going to punch one weight class lower, $78k seems about right. That’s still puts it in reach of a heck of a lot more buyers.

It could be as the CT5-V is going after the M3, that it’ll get the LF4 3.6 TTV6 (from the ATS-V) tuned to around 500HP?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,852 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Interesting. It's going to be interesting where they price the proper CT5-V at. I'm guessing they're going to straddle C63 and E63 pricing, to offer a bigger car for less money.

Man, I will miss this thing though...

Pound for pound, that is the best Cadillac ever built IMO.
    My buddy just drove all of the outgoing V’s ( and other Cadillac’s) at a Cadillac ride and drive yesterday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Am I alone in hoping the CT5-V gets the CTS-V motor (with enhancements of course..ZR1 engine?) rather than the BLACKWING V8?

Let the CT5-V be the bruiser of the Range, and put the 500HP BLACKWING V8 in the CT4-V.

There is a short video in their instagram. I can't post it yet, because its in their "stories"... CT4 sounds like a V6, maximum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bronx13 For This Useful Post:

BahamaTodd (06-01-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 469 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71
    Original video is in the IMSA Instagram story. Same length but clearer video.
    https://instagram.com/imsa_racing?igshid=q5jgxtjgyg1y

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (06-01-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,249 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    “The CT6 will be going out of production next year” Reuss: “Not really you misunderstood us!”

“The XT6 won’t launch with Supecruise for the first model year” Mary: “The XT6 will have Supercruise from launch”

Yep I’m seeing a pattern of brilliant well thought out messaging here.
    It's terrible messaging, but I'm of the opinion that the XT6 was never intended to have Supercruise...they're only adding it now because they were raked over the coals at the initial launch for not having the feature. This explains why you still don't have final pricing available for the first run even though they probably should already be in production if they're supposed to be available mid-2019...which is kinda like right now right?
    I believe SOP is Late July/August. If XT6 was never intended to get Supercruise there is no way they’d get it developed and in production that quickly.
    If XT6 was going to have SuperCruise at launch...I think they would've mentioned it in the initial press release. Think about it like this, they probably don't have to do much in development, much of the work is going to be on retrofitting the platform to accept the SuperCruise hardware. I'm pretty sure they baked some portability into it when they developed it initially.
    Completely wrong, supercruise needs to be baked into the platform as well as validated by the individual vehicle. You can't just add it on a whim no matter how much you want that to be the case.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),Evo69 (06-01-2019),mbukukanyau (06-02-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 543 Posts
    [QUOTE=gkr778;7159613]
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
    Drivers Mark Reuss, president of General Motors, and Ken Morris, vice president of Product, drove the prototypes
    The same Mark Reuss that drove another GM vehicle into a retaining wall at last year's Detroit Grand Prix? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]/QUOTE]

The guy has a bad day.. Give him a break.. U never been an accident? 😂
    My current crop is 2020 CT6V Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Lux, 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special V&H Comp

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),jzchev28 (06-02-2019),mbukukanyau (06-02-2019),SKH (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,476 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    Completely wrong, supercruise needs to be baked into the platform as well as validated by the individual vehicle. You can't just add it on a whim no matter how much you want that to be the case.
    You nor I have no clue as to what it takes to put SC in a vehicle, I highly doubt that C1XX was built w/ a Caddy in mind in the first place. I'm going off what we know publicly...XT6 was introduced w/ no mention of SuperCruise, you would think that the highest piece of tech within the vehicle be mentioned in it's introduction...right? Mary B then comes out and says there will be SC after a big fuss was raised over it not having SC...I'm just putting 2 and 2 together.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,249 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    You nor I have no clue as to what it takes to put SC in a vehicle, I highly doubt that C1XX was built w/ a Caddy in mind in the first place. I'm going off what we know publicly...XT6 was introduced w/ no mention of SuperCruise, you would think that the highest piece of tech within the vehicle be mentioned in it's introduction...right? Mary B then comes out and says there will be SC after a big fuss was raised over it not having SC...I'm just putting 2 and 2 together.
    Yes a Cadillac was planned for that platform, the surprising part was how long it took for one. I believe the delay was due to supercruise

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    I bet they didn't intially plan on a "preview" of these vehicles at the Detroit Chevrolet Grand Prix. Brilliant marketing turnaround though. Sad it took the internet to light Caddy's ass on fire for them to shut everyone up.
    I strongly disagree. This was planned well in advance.
    Actually it's not even as sinister or clever as all of that.. Another site we can't quote was showing a mule that was as aggressive as this a month ago... It wasn't as much negative descent as here
    . Which might have.. Had we not been so in enthralled in almost 30 pages of negative GMI BS.. Been serious course for discussion.. But alas.. Despite various people pointing out that this was a new direction.. A new way of presenting and implementing VSERIES.. some people were just stuck again.. on naming and a supposed free-burn of 15 years of performance.. Never letting up enough to realize, even when told.. even when quotes were left for easy reading and dissemination.. the naysaying persisted. Shaking my damn head. I hope that not only does the CT5 spawn a 500HP version and then a 700HP (cause let's face it.. They are tuning galore these days ) but the recently introduced 355hp V comes out and beats the crap out of competitors with a hundred more HP. Just to spite the GMI Hater Peanut Gallery
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-01-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    My current crop is 2020 CT6V Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Lux, 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special V&H Comp

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),Evo69 (06-01-2019),SKH (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    If the vents aren’t really needed other than for visuals, then not having them on the CT5 could keep costs down. If the CT5-V comes in $5-10K less than the CTS-V that’s a good thing. I often saw adds for the CTS-V with huge markdowns, so making them cheaper means they won’t have to discount the eff out of it, which kills residuals and does nothing to build desireablity.
    Interesting. It's going to be interesting where they price the proper CT5-V at. I'm guessing they're going to straddle C63 and E63 pricing, to offer a bigger car for less money.

Man, I will miss this thing though...

Pound for pound, that is the best Cadillac ever built IMO.
    That's why I walked in with a check and bought one

If U miss it too much tho.. Just hit me up.. I'll post pics of her in her red dress
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-01-2019 at 06:27 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-01-2019),BlackGTP (06-01-2019),Evo69 (06-01-2019),megeebee (06-01-2019),rockyspaw (06-01-2019),Syclone478 (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post

There was no bait to rise to. All this proves is that Cadillac knew people would be upset, and went ahead with the plan anyway—eschewing 15 years of V heritage and an already established, underutilized and very self-explanatory sub-brand in Vsport in favor of putting a V on everything like they're AMG and have the legitimacy and credibility to burn to great effect.

All it proves is that Cadillac is WILLFULLY making ignorant decisions.
    Get out of here with that. . Where do U come up with this stuff? Cadillac just released the info Thurs... The only people that went haywire with insane and basic foolishness were those who wanted these vehicles to fail from git. I WON'T EVEN BRING UP THE PRESS RELEASE SAID THAT MORE TRACK FOCUSED VERSIONS WERE COMING.. on Thursday

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),jzchev28 (06-02-2019),Robert1969 (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Get out of here with that. . Where do U come up with this stuff? Cadillac just released the info Thurs... The only people that went haywire with insane and basic foolishness were those who wanted these vehicles to fail from git. I WON'T EVEN BRING UP THE PRESS RELEASE SAID THAT MORE TRACK FOCUSED VERSIONS WERE COMING.. on Thursday
    In the other thread I basically said "Ask the man who owns one."
    Gee... you just don't seem all that perturbed by the whole thing.

What difference does it make what the rest of 'em think, anyway?
    It ain't like they were or are ever gonna sack up and sign on that line.
    Last edited by eaton53; 06-01-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),CMiatso DaBang (06-01-2019),jzchev28 (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    In the other thread I basically said "Ask the man who owns one."
    Gee... you just don't seem all that perturbed by the whole thing.

What difference does it make what the rest of 'em think, anyway?
    It ain't like they were or are ever gonna sack up and sign on that line.
    Huge!

It doesn't bother me for a few reason..

One.. I knew that the more powerful ones were coming. Literally knew it. Factually knew it.

Two.. What the hell does the introduction of the CT5 V do one way or another for my car? If I was a collector of such.. I should have kept my Gen2 VCoupe. Hell.. This intro is no different than a what Vette owners go thru each generation. VSeries is Cadillac's Vette Brand. (I think that brand is gonna be another argument point for Corvette lovers because of the possible direction of C8 and derivatives)

Three
    . I have a CTS-V.. not a CT5-V. They went out of their way to make it clear that they were moving away from 1t years of CTS... People want to speak about moving away from 15 years of VSeries but seem to forget that.. New rules. I'm all for it The old direction was cool for me.. But I'd gladly learn another way if it insures the survival of this storied brand

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-01-2019),Evo69 (06-01-2019),Syclone478 (06-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    The same Mark Reuss that drove another GM vehicle into a retaining wall at last year's Detroit Grand Prix?

Same name different guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,918 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

If I was a collector of such.. I should have kept my Gen2 VCoupe.
    IMO, the V-Wagon is gonna be The One.
    And no CT4-V or CT5-V is gonna change that.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information