Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115

Thread: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

  1. #16
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    That CT5 sure has some big boots, so it seems likely these are the more Beastly V Series.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-01-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I strongly disagree. This was planned well in advance.

    Cadillac knew full-well the introduction of a new, less powerful set of V cars would have everyone screaming. We all rose to the bait. Journalists and arm-chair experts with Internet access have been on fire for the last 40 hours. This was planned to show that what they told everyone about the more powerful versions coming is true.

    "Keep 'em guessin'"
    If that was their plan that is a pretty ill thought out plan! I can see it now: “hey why don’t we start a s*** storm by showing the entry point vehicles, and being a little vague as to what they represent, and then on Saturday tease the range toppers! Yeah that seems like brilliant planning...NOT.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019),tgagneguam (06-01-2019)

  5. #18
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,378
    Thanks
    3,632
    Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,761 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    The same Mark Reuss that drove another GM vehicle into a retaining wall at last year's Detroit Grand Prix?

    Yeah, the same Mark Reuss that's overseeing the out-of-control spiral at GM, and especially Cadillac.

    GM lifers like him need to go.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

    Hidden Content

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

    gkr778 (06-01-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019),tgagneguam (06-01-2019)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #19
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks
    2,070
    Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,076 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    The CT5 looks so much better in camo where you cannot see that hideous C-pillar!

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019),rockyspaw (06-01-2019)

  10. #20
    Corvette C7 megeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Thanks
    5,068
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    If that was their plan that is a pretty ill thought out plan! I can see it now: “hey why don’t we start a s*** storm by showing the entry point vehicles, and being a little vague as to what they represent, and then on Saturday tease the range toppers! Yeah that seems like brilliant planning...NOT.
    I think it sounds pretty smart myself. Getting people all riled up about Cadillac.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

    W.B. Yeats- 1919



    .

  11. #21
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Am I alone in hoping the CT5-V gets the CTS-V motor (with enhancements of course..ZR1 engine?) rather than the BLACKWING V8?

    Let the CT5-V be the bruiser of the Range, and put the 500HP BLACKWING V8 in the CT4-V.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    sdotjeezy (06-01-2019)

  13. #22
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,537
    Thanks
    10,436
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,844 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I strongly disagree. This was planned well in advance.

    Cadillac knew full-well the introduction of a new, less powerful set of V cars would have everyone screaming. We all rose to the bait. Journalists and arm-chair experts with Internet access have been on fire for the last 40 hours. This was planned to show that what they told everyone about the more powerful versions coming is true.

    "Keep 'em guessin'"
    That's what I tend to think. It was done on purpose to get attention. The internet will get all hopped up no matter which way they do it, mundane first-high power later or vice versa. But... I still want one painted up like that blue one
    Last edited by 1958carnut; 06-01-2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: I cain't spell.

  14. #23
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    I think it sounds pretty smart myself. Getting people all riled up about Cadillac.
    Yeah, because Cadillac just can’t seem to get enough bad publicity.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019),tgagneguam (06-01-2019)

  16. #24
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    That's what I tend to think. It was done on purpose to get attention. The internet will get all hopped up no matter which way they do it, mundane first-high power later or vice versa. But... I still want one painted up like that blue one
    “The CT6 will be going out of production next year” Reuss: “Not really you misunderstood us!”

    “The XT6 won’t launch with Supecruise for the first model year” Mary: “The XT6 will have Supercruise from launch”

    Yep I’m seeing a pattern of brilliant well thought out messaging here.

  17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    bballr4567 (06-01-2019),CadillacSA (06-01-2019),DequindreToo (06-01-2019),Ed753 (06-02-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),mbukukanyau (06-02-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019)

  18. #25
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 974 Times in 480 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    “The CT6 will be going out of production next year” Reuss: “Not really you misunderstood us!”

    “The XT6 won’t launch with Supecruise for the first model year” Mary: “The XT6 will have Supercruise from launch”

    Yep I’m seeing a pattern of brilliant well thought out messaging here.
    It's terrible messaging, but I'm of the opinion that the XT6 was never intended to have Supercruise...they're only adding it now because they were raked over the coals at the initial launch for not having the feature. This explains why you still don't have final pricing available for the first run even though they probably should already be in production if they're supposed to be available mid-2019...which is kinda like right now right?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note


    Hidden Content

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-01-2019)

  20. #26
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 BahamaTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 726 Times in 333 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    So the sheet metal looks pretty much the same as the cars from yesterday except the front quarter panels. They are wider behind the wheel and include vents.




  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (06-01-2019),bronx13 (06-01-2019),Evo69 (06-01-2019),mbukukanyau (06-02-2019),megeebee (06-01-2019)

  22. #27
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The CT5 looks so much better in camo where you cannot see that hideous C-pillar!
    The Orange CT5 V Series looks fantastic imo. I wouldn’t buy it in that color, but it certainly looks great, and the C Pillar is just one minor detail. The C class has a hideous detail which is a massive demerit imo. It looks like an S Class with dwarfism, and is from the jellybean school of design.

  23. #28
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
    So the sheet metal looks pretty much the same as the cars from yesterday except the front quarter panels. They are wider behind the wheel and include vents.



    Thanks. That confirms these are the full blown V’s. The Fenders look flared on this CT5-V versus the entry point version.

  24. #29
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    2,640
    Thanked 565 Times in 282 Posts
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The CT5 looks so much better in camo where you cannot see that hideous C-pillar!
    Precisely why my first stop after delivery of the car would be at my friends shop to give it a Matte Black wrap including that C-Pillar filler cap.
    RedSkyBlackDream

  25. #30
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: Cadillac Teases Future of V-Series Performance Legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    It's terrible messaging, but I'm of the opinion that the XT6 was never intended to have Supercruise...they're only adding it now because they were raked over the coals at the initial launch for not having the feature. This explains why you still don't have final pricing available for the first run even though they probably should already be in production if they're supposed to be available mid-2019...which is kinda like right now right?
    I believe SOP is Late July/August. If XT6 was never intended to get Supercruise there is no way they’d get it developed and in production that quickly.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-01-2019 at 03:00 PM.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (06-01-2019),megeebee (06-01-2019)

  27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2