For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well - Page 6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Re: For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well

Too bad they didn't put as much effort into the areas where it counts, although I'm sure Escalade will be outstanding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    The exterior isn't "totally new". It's a massaged ATS. We've been over this.
    We HAVE been over this. You're WRONG. The exterior is TOTALLY NEW. Not a single panel is shared with the ATS. That makes it TOTALLY NEW.

Get over it.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

4. The Following User Says Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

Scrambler (06-22-2019)

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,551 Times in 2,313 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels
    Does a reskin MCE = totally new?
    Not being critical here but $175 million only goes so far across two vehicle - I will add that IMO, Cadillac achieved bang for bucks in decent differentiation with the superseded ATS & CTS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-18-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Jesus Christ! This beating a dead horse is what I was told was annoying and got me in trouble last go round. Envoy just chill. Jpd.. $175 million is a nice amount to vastly improve and push forward an already stellar set of vehicles to not only remain competitive, but possibly beat the competition. Folks act like BMW, Benz, Audi etc so ground up builds for every generation. Both of these vehicles are on an updated platform, COMPLETELY RESKINNED, new interiors, new engines, a new electric architecture, new options and even different names..
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    We HAVE been over this. You're WRONG. The exterior is TOTALLY NEW. Not a single panel is shared with the ATS. That makes it TOTALLY NEW.

Get over it.
    WRONG!!!

The mirrors are the exact same, the windows are the exact same, the door cutouts are the exact same, the trim pieces for the entire DLO are the exact same, and the entire ****ing interior dimensions are the exact ****ing same same. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp??

To sit here and say "They're totally different!" is incorrect. In reality, it's a warmed over ATS with new character lines and fascias. I owned 2 of these suckers for 4 years, and I know what I'm talking about here.

At this point:

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Jesus Christ! This beating a dead horse is what I was told was annoying and got me in trouble last go round. Envoy just chill. Jpd.. $175 million is a nice amount to vastly improve and push forward an already stellar set of vehicles to not only remain competitive, but possibly beat the competition. Folks act like BMW, Benz, Audi etc so ground up builds for every generation. Both of these vehicles are on an updated platform, COMPLETELY RESKINNED, new interiors, new engines, a new electric architecture, new options and even different names..
    This is a hill I'm willing to die on tbh. I'm not having it.
    Last edited by Envoy4Life; 06-18-2019 at 09:54 PM.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    WRONG!!!

The mirrors are the exact same, the windows are the exact same, the door cutouts are the exact same, the trim pieces for the entire DLO are the exact same, and the entire ****ing interior dimensions are the exact ****ing same same. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp??

To sit here and say "They're totally different!" is incorrect. In reality, it's a warmed over ATS with new character lines and fascias. I owned 2 of these suckers for 4 years, and I know what I'm talking about here.

At this point:

This is a hill I'm willing to die on tbh. I'm not having it.
    \\

Bull! Nobody said the car is totally different. We said it has a new exterior and interior. Which it does. Stop playing dense. It grows old.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

ksr (06-19-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    \\

Bull! Nobody said the car is totally different. We said it has a new exterior and interior. Which it does. Stop playing dense. It grows old.
    Imagine trying to rub off as a hardass, while being totally wrong, because it says, in literal BIG BOLD BLACK LETTERS in post 77:

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Not once, but twice, the car is totally new. TOTALLY NEW. Learn to read, and if you're going to try to be edgy, at least don't make yourself look like a fool in the process.

We might need to take you to Warby Parker. You shouldn't be driving on those eyes if you miss something that obvious, my guy.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Envoy4Life -- "The car is NOT totally new - anyone can see it still has four tires"!!! "I'm correct, I'm correct!"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,147 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    The car is NOT totally new - anyone can see it still has four tires"
    CT4 doesn't include a spare tire? ATS came with RFTs, no spare.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,551 Times in 2,313 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    In terms of hitting the reset button, it's probably the best GM could do at this point in the product cycle. Roll the dice one more time and test the market before committing to a new product cycle. The next three years will tell Cadillac if there's any future in chasing cars in this direction as i suspect future cars will probably be BEVs or performance PHEVs like Lincoln is doing.....

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information