For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Sad times. Nothing but tall ugly boxes on wheels everywhere.

I shouldn’t have called a CT6-V Coupe a CT7. I shoulda called it...

Coupe deV

Think new Coupe deVille!! The Escalade of Coupes, over the top in every direction.

Google 1972 Coupe deVille to refresh your memory...
    Normally I greatly prefer cars over CUV's, though I was admiring a new Buick Enclave yesterday - that is, by far, the best looking CUV on the road.
    She's nice, but that Blazer RS, new Acadia AT4 or Denali and.. Oh.. Traverse RS have me on the fence.. Sized right and surprisingly tough enough looking

Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: For Cadillac, the sedan is still alive and well

Meh, they made a massive investment in platforms that are still good enough to use. Let's see how committed they are to sedans when the time comes to design new platforms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I have not seen these cars, I will hold judgement until I see them in the fresh
    I've seen enough photos to completely convince me that these cars and Cadillac's new design/styling direction is not for me.

On a side note. Since its being said that the CT-4 is a reskin if the ATS,if there is a 7th gen Camaro could it be a light reskin of the 6th gen?.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    She's nice, but that Blazer RS, new Acadia AT4 or Denali and.. Oh.. Traverse RS have me on the fence.. Sized right and surprisingly tough enough looking

you and your "rugged" looking women fetish....We have to sit down and talk.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-15-2019),jzchev28 (06-16-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Normally I greatly prefer cars over CUV's, though I was admiring a new Buick Enclave yesterday - that is, by far, the best looking CUV on the road.
    The Enclave is definitely a looker and the styling really makes it look smaller than it really is. Yes, itís FWD based which the spec sheet snobs will decry, but the styling does not suffer because of FWD proportions.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (06-16-2019),criticalmass (06-17-2019),jzchev28 (06-16-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post

The grille on the Acadia MCE is a massive improvement, and the Acadia really looks very nicely balanced even though it only has a 112.5” ( or is it 112.7” now?) WB.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 1,974 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    you and your "rugged" looking women fetish....We have to sit down and talk.
    What, you have a problem with those "mountaineering" granola girls or something?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    What, you have a problem with those "mountaineering" granola girls or something?
    Only when they shave their armpits

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 1,974 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Only when they shave their armpits
    lol. .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (06-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

On a side note. Since its being said that the CT-4 is a reskin if the ATS,if there is a 7th gen Camaro could it be a light reskin of the 6th gen?.
    The CT4 is not a "light reskin". It is a very complete and thorough one!

All exterior sheet-metal panels, all of them, are new. Every interior panel, all of them, are new. Even the steering wheel.

The addition of this entry-level V model with a completely different engine. The transmission too is new.

.....and that's just what we know so far.

Sorry you don't like the design. That's fine. To each their own, as they say. But I think it's unfair to imply that the CT4 is a half-hearted effort.
    Last edited by megeebee; 06-16-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-16-2019),BlackGTP (06-16-2019),CMiatso DaBang (06-16-2019),criticalmass (06-17-2019),dannyg (06-16-2019),Evo69 (06-16-2019),glssmann1 (06-16-2019),jzchev28 (06-16-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post

All exterior sheet-metal panels, all of them, are new. Every interior panel, all of them, are new. Even the steering wheel.

The addition of this entry-level V model with a completely different engine. The transmission too is new.

Sorry you don't like the design. That's fine. To each their own, as they say. But I think it's unfair to imply that the CT4 is a half-hearted effort.
    While I agree with what you are saying, keeping the bones of the ATS saved Cadillac a massive amount on development/tooling costs. According to my source, (unimpeachable and plucked straight from my butt haha) it was of the order of 30-40% versus a new from the ground up CT4. My butts on crack, so that could be off a few %.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    While I agree with what you are saying, keeping the bones of the ATS saved Cadillac a massive amount on development/tooling costs. According to my source, (unimpeachable and plucked straight from my butt haha) it was of the order of 30-40% versus a new from the ground up CT4. My butts on crack, so that could be off a few %.
    I don't doubt the development costs were lower than producing an all new car. That will come with the VSSR in a few years. I simply state that it's unfair to say it was somehow a quickly turned out "Band Aid,".
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

21. The Following User Says Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-16-2019)

Thanks

Fair enough.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

To add to that though.. Why is it necessary to redo an entire car for the sake it? The ATS was actually a fine car.. and in terms of dynamics led the segment, purposely, until the newer Guilia showed up. The interior issues.. packaging became an issue when the 3Series got larger and Cadillac failed to update the plain parts with more upscale ones even when the front end was redone in 2015. I will say that the packaging thing was actually worked out in China by elongating the thing 3 inches (ATS-L). It was my hope that the CT4 would simply utilize that move when being introduced.

To all those that think the ATS failed.. I also would like to point out that in China they have sold about 200K since 2015 and last year alone sold 57K of them
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Except it really isn't though.

CT4 shares ATS's DLO and architecture, down to door pulls and location of certain electrical equipment and switchgear, namely the location of the shifter, rheostat, and speakers. Hell, the side view mirrors, rheostat insert, lock/unlock switches, and door handles are the exact same parts as the ones in the ATS.

In addition to this, the interior dimensions are identical, down to the tenths. It's the same car between the front and rear.

It was a minimal cost "all-new" product. I'm not going to give it any more credit than that.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information