Cadillacís 2020 CT4 V Offers More Value than Ever in the Premium Sedan Market - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadillacís 2020 CT4 V Offers More Value than Ever in the Premium Sedan Market

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post

You know...most of his complaints would've been put to rest by simply badging it as a VSport...calling it a V set expectations that the car just couldn't ever meet
    While I agree with this comment the journalists are also being fraudulent since it’s been a year since the intro on these V “Lites” so they need to drop this line of BS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Re: Cadillacís 2020 CT4 V Offers More Value than Ever in the Premium Sedan Market

Sadly, the CT4 will be an epic fail for the following reasons;

It's really a 2 passenger car.....

It's overpriced. Pricing it above the competition from MB/BMW/ Audi, and, believe it or not
    KIA, will let it sitting in dealer showrooms.

You know as well as I do when the little twinks, as well as the millennials get a dime in their pocket they head over to the Bimmer, Sabaru, Kia, Toyota, and Dodge, yes Dodge showroom. A young friend of mine bought a 2020 Dodge Charger (a real 4 passenger car) Super Bee, with a 480hp. hemi, big wheels, and a WOW! factor color. It also came with a $6000 discount..

When is the last time you saw an 18-38 year old in a Cadillac showroom actually shoping for a new car............LOL
    Jake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Engelman For This Useful Post:

sdotjeezy (07-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,465 Posts

Re: Cadillacís 2020 CT4 V Offers More Value than Ever in the Premium Sedan Market

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    While I agree with this comment the journalists are also being fraudulent since it’s been a year since the intro on these V “Lites” so they need to drop this line of BS.
    But...its a re-education that wasn't necessary, only thing i can think of similarly is a hypothetical that if Dodge one day decided, "The Hellcat engine is going away due to emissions and We need to get more buyers into SRTs, so what should we do" and ultimately decide to call all base 5.7L cars "SRTs" and then badge the 392s as Hellcats...now they have to train buyers and intenders to learn that Hellcat no longer means w/ a Hellcat and that SRT is now the entry level and R/T is gone as a trim.

Another instance of GM brass not knowing what in the hell they're doing IMO. It should be highlighted in every review to make public the absentminded decisions going on at the RenCen.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Buick Verano Turbo

https://www.cars.com/articles/2020-c...-sized-422702/ - this is the first review that implies one must be a "skinny Minnie" to get in and out, as well as suggest the CT4 should have been a coupe, have coach-style rear doors or other packaging solutions.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Buick Verano Turbo

https://www.stltoday.com/brandavestu...b8d43865c.html - this is from my hometown paper. He's the advertising rep who fell into the job.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 2,642 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels
    Cadillac arguably had the packaging right with the original Sigma CTS and it's extra 3" of rear legroom,
    the Chinese ATS-L had the good sense to use the tried and proven formula for luxury buyers.

There was an opportunity years ago for Cadillac to correct the problem by just using the longer ATS
    in North America but then that would leave the CTS in a odd position of being only slightly bigger.
    IMO, Cadillac got it's sizings wrong to create a second car that it's buyers never asked for.
    Last edited by jpd80; 08-08-2020 at 05:55 PM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information