Cadillac To Reveal Three New Products Next Year - Page 6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cadillac To Reveal Three New Products Next Year

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac To Reveal Three New Products Next Year

The next year and half will be huge for Cadillac.

As I had stated before, as impt. as the ATS is, the 3G CTS will really be the model that cements Cadillac's reputation in the luxury segment (the luxury mid-size sedan segment being the start of "real" luxury and the volume segment).

After this, it'll be the Omega and the revamping of Cadillac's CUV lineup.

Good to hear that the ELR will keep intact most of the Converj's design (only thing that I would really change is the grill).

Quote Originally Posted by AMcA View Post
    Of course they'll launch without suitable engine options! This is General Motors, and they weren't able to sell off the introduce-'em-half-baked department during bankruptcy. Besides, tradition's gotta count for something.
    A lot of automakers don't bring out new/updated engines until the mid-cycle refresh in order to give buyers a reason to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by AMcA View Post
    That said, though, the new CTS is going to embarrass the 5-series, which has gotten quite porky - generally over 4,000 lbs in its latest iteration. Expect CTS to have a huge weight - and probably efficiency too, if transmission updates are available (i.e., no more 6-speed) - advantage over the 5-series.
    I don't know about embarrassing the 5 Series, but I have been saying that the 3G CTS will be the new dynamics champion of the segment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

The ATS looks like a solid hit and the next CTS sounds like it will be too. I have always said that while the SRX is a great near-luxury crossover, it's a substantial step down from the one it replaced and should've been named something else. A 6-7 passenger lambda-based crossover should've been named SRX while the truck-based Escalade should be updated substantially but remain on the Silverado platform.
    Buy American. Buy Ford. So say we all!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by politicalnamebanned View Post
    Escalade, volt coupe and a big flagship. Woo hoo.

Unless you bring serious tech like the upcoming BMWs, don't bother Cadillac. The ford cMax plug in already makes the volt look silly for thousands less, let's not look even more silly building a jazzed up volt coupe.

And the XTS really harms the credibility. FWD? I don't think BMW or Mercedes would ever try that. Nevermind use a fancy Chevrolet impala platform.
    Could I perhaps assume that your humble abode is beneath a local bridge abutment?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Wolfn99's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Ford Focus ZX3

Btw, here's pictures of the new 2014 Escalade set to debut in Chicago Auto Show next spring:

I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Impala LTZ, '82 K10

Those are pretty badass pics. haha
    Hey, you gotta watch that man...He'll go coastal on ya

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    Pretty sure Z28 said an ATS coupe is all but confirmed. If you do the math on the models they claim to be preparing, there's no way in hell to be able to accomplish 10 models without variants of existing cars. Who said anything about there being no ATS coupe?

Who at Cadillac officially said that there would be an ATS coupe? With GM's antipathy towards coupes, despite the success of the CTS, don't be surprised if the ELR is the only upcoming coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    I don't think it's too ridiculous. When did the new 3 hit the market? BMW is still selling the old body coupe. There aren't even any ATS's on the ground or in transit yet near me. If they touched down tomorrow that would only give them BARELY over 4 months to sell any of them. 2014 would be a whole year. 2015 would be a coupe. Where's the problem?

BMW was still selling the old coupe, but it had one to sell. It "would only give hem BARELY over 4 months to sell any of them?" Again, here's this notion that somehow a coupe and sedan can't be sold at the same time. Why would they have "BARELY over 4 months?" Coupes and sedans sell to different customer. Why exactly do you think the sedan has to have an exclusive selling period?
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information