Cadillac Resets Itís Sight - Page 14

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Lol.

Is the Ram a better truck than the Silverado?

Nope, it's calling out the double standard that sales = better car, and that argument is only used as a last resort when somebody has nothing else to say to refute a point you make.

As far as XT6 v. Aviator goes, the choice should be pretty obvious. Swap the badges, and GMI would go gaga over the Cadillac Aviator.
    I doubt it. The Ford fanbois went wild over the FWD Fusion Continental and mostly blasted the CT6. When you're biased you're biased.
    Last edited by LowRider; 06-13-2019 at 12:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,494 Times in 3,758 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    I doubt it. The Ford fanbois went wild over the FWD Fusion Continental and mostly blasted the CT6. When you're biased you're biased.
    I wouldn't consider the Continental a world beater, but I blast the CT6 because of its shortcomings, not because I'm happy seeing it fail.

But others may feel differently.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

I wouldn't consider the Continental a world beater, but I blast the CT6 because of its shortcomings, not because I'm happy seeing it fail.

But others may feel differently.
    People buy cars for different reason but buying a Continental over a CT6 is pretty mind numbing. Especially in the luxury full size sedan market.

Crossovers are a totally different market. Despite what the Ford lovers are trying to claim on here.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,494 Times in 3,758 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    People buy cars for different reason but buying a Continental over a CT6 is pretty mind numbing. Especially in the luxury full size sedan market.

Crossovers are a totally different market. Despite what the Ford lovers are trying to claim on here.
    Different buyers have different priorities.

People also buy the XTS over the CT6, but when you really think about it, which car satisfies the needs of the buyer of a full-size luxury sedan better for the traditional buyer?

That's why people buy cars like XTS and Continental over cars like CT6.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Different buyers have different priorities.

People also buy the XTS over the CT6, but when you really think about it, which car satisfies the needs of the buyer of a full-size luxury sedan better for the traditional buyer?

That's why people buy cars like XTS and Continental over cars like CT6.
    They buy the XTS over the CT6 for two reasons.. PRICE and FLEET. I love the XTS as an alternative and retention vehicle from 2012 to 2016.. I'm the guy that, even before U showed up here years later was pushing along with Mgescuro, 1487, JLMartin, Ming, and a few others for a ZETA based DT7/XLS to show up over the STS.. but after the CT6 debuted, its death call.. and reassignment to Black Car service was applauded by me
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

ClassyEldo (06-14-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 1,391 Posts
    My Ride
    '19 Ram 1500, '69 GMC 2500

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    A) I don't agree entirely with "A." It's your opinion, I have mine.. Move on. Partner

B) To "B." The level of condescension in some of your posts is amazing.. And to think that I have to answer them while on a "short leash" sucks. ��

C) Concerning the 2.7L U don't actually know if it also was designed to go both ways and GM just marketed one of the directions as a "Truck Engine." Second.. Who the *** cares if it's powerful, has minimal NVH, thus smooth and quiet when necessary, and is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application? As for the 6.2L, not even needing repeat saying LT1... I'll just say that both the previous Vortec and Ecotec are residing in both Silvy/Sierra and (Yukon Denali) the co-Flagship of Cadillac.. the Escalade. A bona-fide truck engine in the $100K Caddy makes it fine for a supposed truck engine to reside in a $50K CT4V.
    A) Opinions are opinions. But badgering other members to get them to say that your opinion is always right is a fact that many of us have seen from you & other members. The chain of posts that I listed is a great example of not letting your emotions get you into a mindset to "defend" your opinion to others. Ninety-nine point nine percent of the time, people will ignore opinions that they don't care about or agree with. Nobody should take it personally. But some people do, they become aggressive, & then the points begin to go on the board.
    B) You can answer anything if you want. But again, if you get emotional, anyone might choose to call people idiots & other insults. Again, that's trouble that leads to short leashes.
    C) As I stated in my last post, blame GM marketing. I point to how the 2.7L is being marketed in the press releases, & not the engine itself. Thanks for giving me your full attention. But, for the 6.2, the LT1 is a car engine built to a different set of specs than the truck version 6.2. The Escalade has always used the Chevy top of the line engine. Always. But the iron block, truck spec engines have never used the same engines as a performance car. The displacement is the only direct similarities. Some of the subsets are shared (cylinder heads, possibly crankshaft, etc.), but not a bolt for bolt exact same part list. So, the LT1 is not the same as the...uh...6.2 engine code truck engine. Unless GM can tell us what changed to be used in the CT4-V compared to the truck spec 2.7, then we can only assume that they are the same engine.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 06-13-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NoStopN For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,770 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    A Billion Chinese can't be wrong.
    That was clever.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Chinese were only buying 22,000 cars a year in 1970, up to 25 million cars now, they will become GM's biggest supplier of EV's in the future if they are left unchecked Detroit is already ghost town now will become a monster ghost town with nobody in a job that will have a dime to spend on new cars in the future as the Chinese now own most of the rare earth mines around the world have an abundance of cheap labor.

Cadillac can't even get a simple thing like thier logo right in badge buying status symbol car buying market the badge at front looks a total abortion gone wrong, both Lincoln & Cadillac are bumbling along the bottom of the luxury cars sales charts every month with thier tarted up Ford Fusion sales both brands were overtaken in sales by Tesla in May.

I thought the last great marketing supremo & last boss said that moving to the big apple BS marketing spin would be the making of Cadillac, what went wrong? Heard it all before fed up with hearing more marketing BS, when it comes to doing the right things like listening to it's customers or doing the right things, Caddy marketing guys are bunch of losers we cant do that, or we cant do the right things now we will be doing it in 10 years time you just wait and see.

I personally don't hold out much hope for both brands Caddy/Lincoln ever making something of themselves to be honest. Lincoln could leverage the massive Ford of Europe network to access the biggest most profitable luxury car market on the planet, but they are to snobby to sell rebadge Ford Fusions at Ford European dealers, Cadillac design team have not worked out how to fit a steering wheel to RH side of a car a put a fuel efficient powerplant in a Caddy that sips fuel that carries a 70% tax on every tankful of gasoline at fill-ups.
    OLDSMOBILE - "Start Something"

100 MPG Chevrolet Silverado E-REV - Fleets only still waiting.
    Hidden Content
    Cut the dependance on Arab oil, cut the trade deficit in foreign oil.

Life is to short - drive live your dream

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Envoy4Life;7165245]Lol.

Is the Ram a better truck than the Silverado?

Nope definitely not , but don't like current Silverado don't like the rear cab where the roof has been lowered steel door belt lines have risen as personally it creates blind spots with less glass ,rear cameras don't look at 90 degrees up and over the neighbours wall when l have to reverse out into oncoming traffic. Like the older classic Ram that has plenty of rear cab glass that gives you great confidence when reversing into a tight spot you cant always see a low sitting car, cyclist or small child walking last thing l want is Silverado designers adding inducing blind spots to pick-up truck design.

Will give this generation of Silverado a miss don't like the rear cab it's a miss big its not for me personally as l have to deal with blind spots daily basis need lots of glass excellent all-round visibility not designed in induced blind spots, but your still right Chevy is still the better truck would buy a Ford next if Chevy can't be bothered, a single cab Chevy would great but does not have the seating capacity as always running friends family around in it at weekends.
    OLDSMOBILE - "Start Something"

100 MPG Chevrolet Silverado E-REV - Fleets only still waiting.
    Hidden Content
    Cut the dependance on Arab oil, cut the trade deficit in foreign oil.

Life is to short - drive live your dream

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314