Cadillac Resets Itís Sight - Page 13

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 651 Posts

Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

30 min video...too long
    Cadillac Resets Its Sight..okay.. what they are aiming at now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,564 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Greg.Botts View Post
    You guys joke but that's one of the reasons why I was banned and the mods know this. I ain't sorry either Buicks are far nicer vehicles than Lincolns and others agree that's why Lincoln doesn't even come close to selling as many Buicks look at China Lincoln is floundering over there while Buick sells over 1 million vehicles
    So you certainly feel that Buick is a far superior car and brand to Cadillac due to its considerably higher sales, yes?
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

Heard a rumor that the CT6-V's are delayed delivery until August via a note from Carlisle adding that they may have 50 miles on them but hey here's an artist sketch of your car to sooth you in the meantime.

Sounds like those sights still need some adjustment.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,618 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    GMI moderators/admins, please don't ban this member. The entertainment value alone of posts like this makes his presence worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    It's true. At the secret moderator meeting we've decided that we hate the word Buick so much, we will ban people for even uttering it!
    another example of the mods not being impartial like they are supposed to be
    It's a joke Botts. Try to have a good time and be less indignant.

Damn, now bball will see this!
    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Damn you.

Mods are supposed to be impartial? I missed that part of the swearing in ceremony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Well, I learned I'm "biased" today, so so much for me being impartial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Buick Buick Buick!!!
    Can't spell "Buick" without I-C-K.
    You guys joke but that's one of the reasons why I was banned and the mods know this. I ain't sorry either Buicks are far nicer vehicles than Lincolns and others agree that's why Lincoln doesn't even come close to selling as many Buicks look at China Lincoln is floundering over there while Buick sells over 1 million vehicles
    ...and the beat goes on.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (06-13-2019),gkr778 (06-12-2019),SP1966 (06-12-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    ...and the beat goes on.
    His mother really needs to get him out of the basement more often! The lack of sunlight is obviously affecting him.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 1,434 Posts
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    A) No one should have to feel obligated to to dog out GM just to seem unbiased if they are biased. I'm biased as a mofo.

B) The 2.7L may have been developed by initially for trucks.. But who is to say that it was midway modified for cars? Who is to say that the engine for the Caddy is even the samd as the Silvy's? Lastly.. And this is real.. THE 6.2L LT1.. U really think that engine was initially and only developed for the Corvette/Camaro vs GM developing it INITIALLY and then veering off for both trucks and sports car? I said initially. And we both know that there are people who refer to the Vette engine as a Truck engine.. But who the *** cares? It gets the job done and does so quite smoothly, quite quickly, and quite victoriously. 🙂 I challenge a 911 Turbo to take a Z06 owner on.

Sidebar. Who's to say that the engine in the CLAamg wasn't initially developed for a Benz truck? Benz, if so, just knows when to keep their mouth shut
    A) Hold on there partner. We never said anything about people being biased unto itself. The issue comes in when those biased people continuously spout that their favorite brand is better. I've told many people (you numerous times) that sharing an opinion is fine. But the SuperFanBoys will go beyond their opinion to posting countless posts making one marginal advantage of their choice vehicle sound like the thing that will bring about world peace. State an opinion or fact, watch the responses, add some facts or opinion (without being belligerent) & enjoy the conversation.

B) I'll start with the LT1 here. The entire Gen 5 (like the Gen 3 & 4) engines were designed with 2 different paths from the outset. So to claim that the LT1 was designed as a performance engine that was re-engineered for truck use is grasping at straws. The 2.7L is a complete cluster**** of marketing by GM. GM is so afraid of customer backlash from the engine, they threw that "designed as a truck engine" line in there to "comfort" potential buyers. However, on the flip side, it could be brilliant marketing to scare customers into buying a truck with a V8 engine. For the CT4-V, all they had to do was tune the engine a little differently to get higher HP/torque numbers & call it a performance engine. Whatever GM, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    I know. I was on here years ago when it was so much better. Left for a few years and just rejoined. but I've seen the extreme Ford bias and cheap shots taken and allowed. It's so obvious. The moderators let it go on that side for some reason. I mean you can see the reason...
    GMI has had sections for other brands for as long as I have been a member here. The reason you're seeing more "extreme Ford bias" is all of the GM supporters have refused to support GM because GM didn't build the vehicle some of us wanted when it came time to drop some dollars & sign on the dotted line.

You really, really don't like it here, do you?
    Yet, he spends so much time here. That's rather counter-intuitive, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I wish you guys would stop quoting him because then it defies the purpose of ignore.
    Sorry, but I want the person I'm talking to to not be in question of who I'm referring to.

GMI moderators/admins, please don't ban this member. The entertainment value alone of posts like this makes his presence worthwhile.
    You have a twisted sense of humor.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoStopN For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019),gkr778 (06-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 800 Posts

So you certainly feel that Buick is a far superior car and brand to Cadillac due to its considerably higher sales, yes?
    A Billion Chinese can't be wrong.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 543 Posts
    To NoStopN cause I'm on the enhanced version and it's a pia to reformat the multi quotes.

I don't agree entirely with "A." It's your opinion, I have mine.. Move on. Partner

To "B." The level of condescension in some of your posts is amazing.. And to think that I have to answer them while on a "short leash" sucks. 😞

Concerning the 2.7L U don't actually know if it also was designed to go both ways and GM just marketed one of the directions as a "Truck Engine." Second.. Who the *** cares if it's powerful, has minimal NVH, thus smooth and quiet when necessary, and is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application? As for the 6.2L, not even needing repeat saying LT1... I'll just say that both the previous Vortec and Ecotec are residing in both Silvy/Sierra and (Yukon Denali) the co-Flagship of Cadillac.. the Escalade. A bona-fide truck engine in the $100K Caddy makes it fine for a supposed truck engine to reside in a $50K CT4V.
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 06-13-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    My current crop is 2020 CT6V Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Lux, 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special V&H Comp

Banned
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Cadillac CTS; 2012 Impala

Low level bait not falling for it smartguy get back to be when Lincoln builds something actually competitive instead of a rebadge

Thanks
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,524 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Concerning the 2.7L U don't actually know if it also was designed to go both ways and GM just marketed one of the directions as a "Truck Engine." Second.. Who the *** cares if it's powerful, has minimal NVH, thus smooth and quiet when necessary, and is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application?
    Until GMI members or other third parties have an opportunity to evaluate the 2.7L engine in CT4-V, we cannot make the claim that the engine "is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application", or that it isn't.

No 4-cylinder gasoline engine in a modern era Cadillac has been competitive with the best in the segment for power delivery and NVH. The 2.7L unit in CT4-V might change that. But I'm not holding my breath. Raiding the GM Powertrain parts bin for Cadillac engine and transmission applications hasn't helped the brand.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 543 Posts

To NoStopN cause I'm on the enhanced version and it's a pia to reformat the multi quotes.

I don't agree entirely with "A." It's your opinion, I have mine.. Move on. Partner

To "B." The level of condescension in some of your posts is amazing.. And to think that I have to answer them while on a "short leash" sucks. ��

Concerning the 2.7L U don't actually know if it also was designed to go both ways and GM just marketed one of the directions as a "Truck Engine." Second.. Who the *** cares if it's powerful, has minimal NVH, thus smooth and quiet when necessary, and is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application? As for the 6.2L, not even needing repeat saying LT1... I'll just say that both the previous Vortec and Ecotec are residing in both Silvy/Sierra and (Yukon Denali) the co-Flagship of Cadillac.. the Escalade. A bona-fide truck engine in the $100K Caddy makes it fine for a supposed truck engine to reside in a $50K CT4V.

Until GMI members or other third parties have an opportunity to evaluate the 2.7L engine in CT4-V, we cannot make the claim that the engine "is reliably appropriate for the Cadillac application", or that it isn't.

Hence me adding the IF in the statement

No 4-cylinder gasoline engine in a modern era Cadillac has been competitive with the best in the segment for power delivery and NVH. The 2.7L unit in CT4-V might change that. But I'm not holding my breath. Raiding the GM Powertrain parts bin for Cadillac engine and transmission applications hasn't helped the brand.
    I'm holding my breath.. because unlike some.. I tend to think positively on American products versus the Germans. I would also like to add that even if.. I would take a GM (or Ford 4Cyl over a BMW one for the sake of reliability and not burning up for mysterious reasons. Yes.. I'm still on that and use it in the real world at every turn to try and discredit and add leery vibes to BMW faith.
    My current crop is 2020 CT6V Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2017 Cadillac Escalade Premium Lux, 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special V&H Comp

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 689 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Does this thinking apply to Aviator/XT6 discussion? In other words, if Aviator outsells XT6 nobody on this forum should say its a better vehicle because more people bought it? And vice versa?
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2021 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Low level bait not falling for it smartguy get back to be when Lincoln builds something actually competitive instead of a rebadge
    Lol.

Is the Ram a better truck than the Silverado?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Does this thinking apply to Aviator/XT6 discussion? In other words, if Aviator outsells XT6 nobody on this forum should say its a better vehicle because more people bought it? And vice versa?
    Nope, it's calling out the double standard that sales = better car, and that argument is only used as a last resort when somebody has nothing else to say to refute a point you make.

As far as XT6 v. Aviator goes, the choice should be pretty obvious. Swap the badges, and GMI would go gaga over the Cadillac Aviator.
    Current:

LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 689 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Nope, it's calling out the double standard that sales = better car, and that argument is only used as a last resort when somebody has nothing else to say to refute a point you make.

As far as XT6 v. Aviator goes, the choice should be pretty obvious. Swap the badges, and GMI would go gaga over the Cadillac Aviator.
    OK fair enough. But you know that if the Aviator outsells the XT6 there will be people (not you) who will say that “proves” it is better.

Having seen both at the NYAS I can say I personally prefer the XT6 design hands down. Yes including the interior (that ipad on the dash *shudder*). Of course I’d like them to offer an optional engine with more power. We all agree on that. I probably wouldn’t pay for it though.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2021 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    OK fair enough. But you know that if the Aviator outsells the XT6 there will be people (not you) who will say that “proves” it is better.

Having seen both at the NYAS I can say I personally prefer the XT6 design hands down. Yes including the interior (that ipad on the dash *shudder*). Of course I’d like them to offer an optional engine with more power. We all agree on that. I probably wouldn’t pay for it though.
    If I'm being honest, I don't think either one looks particularly great out in the real world under natural light, but the Aviator is more... lithe? I'm not sure how to describe it. XT6 just doesn't look like a Cadillac to me. Too much Telluride in its design for me.

I gotta go with the Lincoln. The interior, drivetrain, and Black Label perks would push it over the top in a head to head for me.
    Current:

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-13-2019),dannyg (06-13-2019),Mr.Buttons (06-13-2019)

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information