Cadillac Resets Itís Sight - Page 11

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 204

Thread: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

  1. #151
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 3,219 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg.Botts View Post
    He's a typical Fordfanboi I wouldn't even bother no matter what you say will he will just **** on Cadillac
    I'm sure Cadillac would appreciate a new car purchase from you....................one day.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

    Mr.Buttons (06-11-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #152
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 722 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Come on.. U're better than this.
    I am, but sometimes, you just have had it with people who have nothing constructive to say other than "mine is better than yours". Not everyone's choice is the best because their favorite does everything right. The best automotive people have to be willing to call out the manufacturers when they decide to cut corners or scrimp on cost, when it only saved them 25 cents per vehicle. It's fine that someone buys an automobile because they can live with one niggle or live without one option. But to dismiss the scrutiny of your potential buyers is to ask for your demise. Perfect example: I like GMC trucks. I like the 2019 Sierra. I like its styling over the Silverado. I like the truck overall. But, I didn't want the interior to look like the previous generation of truck. I didn't want DFM. That would have been irrelevant because I would have been in a lower trim's price range. I wouldn't have liked the 4.3 V6 with only a 6-speed auto transmission. So, I looked elsewhere.

    That was a long-winded paragraph that actually has merit. If I was in the market for a more luxurious car, I would make my decisions based upon what Cadillac & other brands put out as an offering. It seems that most other brands have phased out manual transmissions. Like Z284ever, I prefer to control the gear switching. If all brands did that, I have to ask whether the autos can offer a satisfying enough experience. I think I threw in the towel last week with the introductions of the CT4-V & CT5-V. A turbo 2.7L 4-cylinder V? No, just no. If Cadillac wanted to build up their V performance image, you have to be consistent. A 4-cylinder CT4? Fine. A 4-cylinder CT4-V?



    Now why do I have such a chip on my shoulder about that? Well, let me direct you to an Oct. 10, 2018 press release that states (& I quote): "Developed from the outset as a truck engine, the new 2.7L Turbo integrates many different innovative technologies to support engine performance and efficiency". And Cadillac wants to position themselves as a luxury brand? Then WTF are you doing putting a truck engine into a sports sedan?

    I agree with U on a bunch of this except the issue with what people think then say as long as it is not insulting.. And the CT4-V's engine.

    Look.. Greg has his opinion and it's his opinion.. He should not be, as he has been.. as I have been, banned because it annoys someone or is GM centric. That's not right. Not to mention to many, maybe not U since U are a mod... there is an ignore option. In other words.. No one should have to feel obligated to to dog out GM just to seem unbiased if they are biased. I'm biased as a mofo.. But I have my reasons and they are reasons deeply rooted in spending about $250K over the years on foreign products and being extremely disappointed. U will notice very seldom do I get into a Ford vs GM debate, unless it's Lincoln.. Cause I find their vehicles boring as ***.

    The engine thing though.. Yeah.. GM needs to keep its mouth shut.. But that again is their quick whip marketing.

    The 2.7L may have been developed by initially for trucks.. But who is to say that it was midway modified for cars? Who is to say that the engine for the Caddy is even the samd as the Silvy's? Lastly.. And this is real.. THE 6.2L LT1.. U really think that engine was initially and only developed for the Corvette/Camaro vs GM developing it INITIALLY and then veering off for both trucks and sports car? I said initially. And we both know that there are people who refer to the Vette engine as a Truck engine.. But who the *** cares? It gets the job done and does so quite smoothly, quite quickly, and quite victoriously. 🙂 I challenge a 911 Turbo to take a Z06 owner on.

    Sidebar. Who's to say that the engine in the CLAamg wasn't initially developed for a Benz truck? Benz, if so, just knows when to keep their mouth shut
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-11-2019)

  6. #153
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,744
    Thanks
    1,596
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 1,025 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Look.. Greg has his opinion and it's his opinion.. He should not be, as he has been.. as I have been, banned because it annoys someone or is GM centric. That's not right.
    Erroneous statements of fact are not opinions. Chevy is better than Ford is an opinion, Lincoln is just Ford rebadges when they really only share platforms and drivetrains is an erroneous statement of fact. See the difference. When you're relentless and your 400 posts per day are a regurgitation of this, you're going to get yourself in trouble. When you blatenly spar with mods, you're going to get in trouble. You're not a victim, you're not a martar, you're just a gluton for punishment. As someone who tip toes through the fields of poking the bears, you have to accept that there are consequences to your actions.

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #154
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 235 Times in 126 Posts
    My Ride
    18 CTS

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Erroneous statements of fact are not opinions. Chevy is better than Ford is an opinion, Lincoln is just Ford rebadges when they really only share platforms and drivetrains is an erroneous statement of fact. See the difference. When you're relentless and your 400 posts per day are a regurgitation of this, you're going to get yourself in trouble. When you blatenly spar with mods, you're going to get in trouble. You're not a victim, you're not a martar, you're just a gluton for punishment. As someone who tip toes through the fields of poking the bears, you have to accept that there are consequences to your actions.
    Be real, You're going to say there's not numerous posts on here basically saying the Cadillac crossovers aren't Chevy rebadges? There's a double standard on this site.

  9. #155
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,744
    Thanks
    1,596
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 1,025 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    Be real, You're going to say there's not numerous posts on here basically saying the Cadillac crossovers aren't Chevy rebadges? There's a double standard on this site.
    I was replying to a specific post regarding a specific person. It would take an eternity, and all the bandwidth the internet as to offer to point out all of them. GMI is a ****hole with no leadership, no moderation, and no content, hemorrhaging members at a shockingly alarming rate. The few personal relationships people have left are likely the only reason 99% of us still return.
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 06-11-2019 at 12:40 PM.

  10. #156
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 235 Times in 126 Posts
    My Ride
    18 CTS

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    I was replying to a specific post regarding a specific person. It would take an eternity to point out all of them. GMI is a ****hole with no leadership, no moderation, and no content. The few personal relationships people have left are likely the only reason 99% of us still return.
    I know. I was on here years ago when it was so much better. Left for a few years and just rejoined. but I've seen the extreme Ford bias and cheap shots taken and allowed. It's so obvious. The moderators let it go on that side for some reason. I mean you can see the reason...

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

    Greg.Botts (06-11-2019),JimmyDiablo (06-11-2019)

  12. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 103 Times in 61 Posts
    My Ride
    2004 Cadillac CTS; 2012 Impala

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    I know. I was on here years ago when it was so much better. Left for a few years and just rejoined. but I've seen the extreme Ford bias and cheap shots taken and allowed. It's so obvious. The moderators let it go on that side for some reason. I mean you can see the reason...
    It's cause they are all Fordfanbois themselves on a GM fan website. We get hundreds of pages praising Lincoln and bashing Cadillac yet Lincoln has never once outsold Cadillac or built a better vehicle in fact Buick builds better vehicles than Lincoln yet you get banned for saying such things.

  13. #158
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 3,219 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg.Botts View Post
    It's cause they are all Fordfanbois themselves on a GM fan website. We get hundreds of pages praising Lincoln and bashing Cadillac yet Lincoln has never once outsold Cadillac or built a better vehicle in fact Buick builds better vehicles than Lincoln yet you get banned for saying such things.
    You really, really don't like it here, do you?
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  14. #159
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 rmc523's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 792 Times in 404 Posts
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    You really, really don't like it here, do you?
    **Ring ring**

    I think my ignore list is calling.

  15. #160
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 235 Times in 126 Posts
    My Ride
    18 CTS

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg.Botts View Post
    It's cause they are all Fordfanbois themselves on a GM fan website. We get hundreds of pages praising Lincoln and bashing Cadillac yet Lincoln has never once outsold Cadillac or built a better vehicle in fact Buick builds better vehicles than Lincoln yet you get banned for saying such things.
    Tis true unfortunately.

  16. #161
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    17,127
    Thanks
    2,050
    Thanked 4,044 Times in 2,336 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    You really, really don't like it here, do you?
    I wish you guys would stop quoting him because then it defies the purpose of ignore.

  17. #162
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 3,219 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I wish you guys would stop quoting him because then it defies the purpose of ignore.
    Sorry.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  18. #163
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    17,127
    Thanks
    2,050
    Thanked 4,044 Times in 2,336 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Sorry.
    Are you though?!?! Are. You.


  19. #164
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 3,219 Posts

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Are you though?!?! Are. You.

    LOL! no, not really.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  20. #165
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 gkr778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southaven, Mississippi USA
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    2,356
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 961 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

    Re: Cadillac Resets Itís Sight

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg.Botts View Post
    Buick builds better vehicles than Lincoln yet you get banned for saying such things.
    GMI moderators/admins, please don't ban this member. The entertainment value alone of posts like this makes his presence worthwhile.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-11-2019),Envoy4Life (06-11-2019),Mr.Buttons (06-11-2019),ryannel2003 (06-11-2019)

  22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2