Cadillac House to Close

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac House to Close

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,494 Times in 3,758 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Cadillac House to Close

Risking Irrelevance, NYCís Cadillac House to Close in SoHo
    Extreme Tech
    February 5, 2019
    By: Bill Howard

Cadillac has now completed its pullback from New York City: Cadillac House is closing, completely. Last fall General Motors announced it was returning its Cadillac corporate operations from Cadillac House in NYCís hyper-hip SoHo section. Now Cadillac said itís also closing the co-located showcase/experiential center. GM felt there were more synergies and efficiencies having its people all in the Michigan time zone. Plus, Cadillac plans a new vehicle every six months through 2021 and being together is important.

Cadillac moved to New York City in 2014. The reason then was: Cadillac wanted to be an international auto company regarded as an equal to Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, not just to Lincoln. Cadillac was getting closer each year. It wanted to put distance between Cadillac and the GM mothership.

Full article at link.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,494 Times in 3,758 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Re: Cadillac House to Close

Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,021 Posts

This was announced a long time ago I thought.

Edit: Back in september they were expecting to close it just not when.
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 02-09-2019 at 02:46 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I couldnít help but notice the blurb about a new vehicle every six months through 2021. If we count XT6 as the first of those cars that leaves five more. Assuming mild mceís arenít being counted here that sounds like Escalade, XT7, CT4, CT5 and an as yet unknown vehicle. That is disappointing for me because it is says more about what isnít coming than what is. We knew we would be getting the five vehicles mentioned above and one of those, CT7, has been knocked down a rung already. Realistically only Escalade and XT7 are going to resonate outside of forums like this as CT4 and CT5 just arenít higher volume product or truly limited volume, prestige building offerings either at this stage. Th y are volume offerings that just donít sell in volume.

There is nothing really wrong with that list in general but I donít know that I would go out of my way to advertise a new vehicle every six months unless something more ground breaking was coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,021 Posts

I believe the new EV is 2020 or 21 isn't it?

Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Cadillac CTSV

"GM felt there were more synergies and efficiencies having its people all in the Michigan time zone."
    Guess what NYC and Detroit are in the same time zone but if the coffee was brewed in NYC it was probably cold by the time it got to Motown.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rumpole For This Useful Post:

AusCalais (02-12-2019),jzchev28 (02-09-2019),yamahr1 (02-12-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Good point. That will definitely get some press. I still feel like the lineup is a little thin overall, and my primary issue is with CT4, CT5, and a potential XT7. The latter because a good CGI guy could probably render that crossover with 90% accuracy just by starting with the XT6 and XT5 and the former two because the buying public isn’t even going to notice ATS and CTS replacements at this stage. Escalade and a BEV will get some serious buzz going, but that still feels like five pounds of sugar in a ten pound bag when talking about a new release every six months.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,792 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Oh NOOOOZZZ!! Dear Gawdd-uhhhh in Heaven, I implore you, pulll-eee-zzzzz keep Cataract House open!
    It's full of, as Gary Hartpence--former almost-president of the USA--liked to say, New Ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpole View Post
    "GM felt there were more synergies and efficiencies having its people all in the Michigan time zone."
    Guess what NYC and Detroit are in the same time zone but if the coffee was brewed in NYC it was probably cold by the time it got to Motown.
    When I see "synergies" I know the speaker is coming from Krappolaville. And it's not the kawfee brewed in DeSoHo, it's the ideas. If you want to call them by that term.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 02-09-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (02-13-2019),SVT74 (02-09-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,207 Times in 2,124 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

It's just amazing to watch how much money companies flush down the tubes in the name of increasing brand awareness..

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

377Z (02-10-2019),Citation84 (02-13-2019),DequindreToo (02-10-2019),Neanderthal (02-09-2019),SVT74 (02-09-2019),usa1 (02-10-2019)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Cadillac has to go with some low hanging fruit: probably their version of the Trax/Encore (XT3)
    Just throw the Bolt EV parts into it. Hyundai Kona and Lexus UX fighter.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Oh NOOOOZZZ!! Dear Gawdd-uhhhh in Heaven, I implore you, pulll-eee-zzzzz keep Cataract House open!
    It's full of, as Gary Hartpence--former almost-president of the USA--liked to say, New Ideas!

When I see "synergies" I know the speaker is coming from Krappolaville. And it's not the kawfee brewed in DeSoHo, it's the ideas. If you want to call them by that term.
    I agree. When I hear that in a meeting I always think "there's the new amateur with this months buzzword".

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big swede For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (02-09-2019),SVT74 (02-09-2019)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Anyone know if Cadillac has withdrawn its projection of global sales by 2020: https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...2020-a-218817/

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

Anyone know what happened to Jason Wu: https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...-house-278009/

Is he driving a Cadillac?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1999 White C5 Coupe For This Useful Post:

ClassyEldo (02-09-2019),Neanderthal (02-09-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,771 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpole View Post
    . This statement makes them look as foolish and disconnected as they are/were to try this stunt to begin with. Now then, should we be shedding tears or what?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (02-13-2019),Neanderthal (02-09-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,792 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    I agree. When I hear that in a meeting I always think "there's the new amateur with this months buzzword".
    Keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Jason Wu: https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...-house-278009/

Is he driving a Cadillac?
    Yes, old paintball head. If often worry about the lad, he had such unbelievable potential!

A perfect disruptor arong with Melody to think outside the box, take a deep dive into disruptor seas in order to make an impact, incentivize core competencies with bleeding edge, move the needle amplifying deliverables while drilling down to find the ping, to amplify out of pocket incentivized stretches straight from the wheelhouse. Yes we can!
    https://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/yo...buzzwords.html
    I doubt he has something as plebian as a driver's license. Not that it matters, from what I see on Cops and LivePD, a DL seems to be one of a number of choices one can make when taking the wheel. Often a suspended or expired DL, or none at all, is the choice of the In Crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    . This statement makes them look as foolish and disconnected as they are/were to try this stunt to begin with. Now then, should we be shedding tears or what?

Spend any amount of time in a corporate environment and you'll likely notice there are some words that seem to come up on a daily basis. Certain verbiage becomes part of the corporate culture and soon, you may feel as if you need to use it to fit in.

While they can change from one day to the next, most corporate buzzwords have a positive meaning. They're used to boost morale and motivate everyone involved in the conversation. Here are 20 of the top business buzzwords that you should make an effort to work into your vocabulary.

1. Impact
    Impact is a powerful word that has become a favorite of business professionals. Grammarians argue that the word is being used improperly, urging you to use "affect" instead, but businesses love it.

2. Corporate Synergy
    Half of the people who use this term likely don't even know what it means. It usually refers to coordinating and collaborating more effectively in an organization. You'll want to use it where appropriate on an ongoing basis.

3. Disruption
    When something interrupts the status quo, it's termed as a disruption. Many people are tired of this word but it's not going anywhere.

4. Deep Dive
    Some may call it brainstorming, but many professionals say they're going in for a deep dive when they need to come up with ideas.
    ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

5. Core Competency
    When someone is competent, it hardly means that person is outstanding. But in business, core competencies refer to the things a company or a person does best.

6. Incentivize
    If you want someone to buy what you're selling, you need to offer an incentive. This word describes that effort. It can also refer to the act of motivating a person to get something done.

7. Outside the Box
    These days, it's rare a business doesn't want its workers to think outside the box. Even though the term itself isn't outside the box anymore, it persists in conversations.

8. Bleeding Edge
    This is one I've been hearing more and more lately. When being "cutting edge" isn't quite enough, we get this term for being ahead of trends.

9. Move the Needle
    This term is often used in sales or marketing, when a certain amount of effort is required to make a noticeable difference.

10. Ideate
    As if there weren't enough terms for coming up with ideas, here's another one.

11. Unpack
    Once you've come up with those ideas, you'll need to unpack them to thoroughly examine them.

12. Wheelhouse
    A wheelhouse shelters the person steering a boat but in business, it refers to a person's specialty area.

13. Reach Out
    Nobody refers to calling or emailing someone anymore. Instead, they "reach out."

14. Deliverable
    This is a quantifiable good or service provided as a result of completing a project. A favorite term of project managers, this word has spread like a virus.

15. Amplify
    In music, this means an increase in volume. In business, it means to improve. It often is used in the context of social media, since an amplified message is one that is shared more often.

16. Out of Pocket
    All this term means is that someone will be unavailable for a period of time.

17. Drill Down
    If you want to get to the root of an issue, you merely drill until you reach it. This is the metaphor that has brought this term to the boardroom.

18. Ping
    Once a tech term, this word has quickly emerged as the best way to describe sending a message to someone.

19. Bandwidth
    Another tech term that has made its way into the corporate environment. In day-to-day context, it is often used to ask if someone has time available to talk or work on a project.

20. Low-Hanging Fruit
    Some have requested that this term become obsolete, but it is nowhere close to doing that. It often refers to sales deals that are easier to close than others.

Whether you're pitching your product or networking with others in your field, you may be seen as a more reputable colleague if you use the right terminology when you're talking. The fact is that corporate buzzwords will probably never go away, so it's important to learn to speak the lingo.
    https://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/yo...buzzwords.html

PUBLISHED ON: SEP 22, 2016
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (02-13-2019),richmond2000 (02-10-2019),rockyspaw (02-10-2019)

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information