Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year

Thanks
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 659 Posts

Re: Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post

I completely agree, on the surface, it appears that the 3.6L should have been passed over for the 3.0LTT.. but from a business point of view.. it would seem as though the real push is for CT6 buyers to opt for the better, more expensive and Cadillac-ish V8. They are giving an alternative engine.. but as a potential buyer of said car.. why the heck would U buy the 3.6L.. a company mill.. when the exclusive, opulent V8 we've been asking for in this car since it debuted in 2015 is available. Personally I'd be pissed if I were GM and I looked at orders and the 3.0LTT that I was going to put into my CT5 (and probably other Caddys) was being ordered in more plentiful amounts (because dealers always try and find a middle ground for sales) over the 4.2LTT we just invested in bringing to the market. U know the one??? The one that us.. Cadillac lovers cried and moaned that Cadillac needed to have to be taken seriously as a rival to the German flagships. If U didn't.. I know I did. 500HP for the WIN.. 550HP and 627 lb-ft of YAP is even better. Especially in a 4200-4400 AWD 10Speed 204inch beautifully styled CT6 capable of 0-60 sprints in 3.8secs
    On the other hand, why not simply make the V8 standard? That would be an old school Cadillac move.

It's a Cadillac, son. Lesser machines can have lesser engines.
    Last edited by bmwboy2007; 06-19-2019 at 04:37 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmwboy2007 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-19-2019),Envoy4Life (06-19-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

$160K between two cars I think I'll pass on trying out the newer more expensive and less attractive ones. Caddy is making fine, gorgeous, awesome performing prestige these days.. on my 4th.. and outside of the first.. a 2005 STS 4.6l having issues with Onstar initially... I'm happy as a pig in slop.
    Won't find any complaint from me there. More power to you. Was just pointing that out.

are we saying the Germans don't use any engines designed for lower cars in their upper vehicles? Because I'm sure a lil research will prove that wrong. Hell wasn;t the CLA's engine built by Nissan?
    No it was not. It did use a Renault diesel in some markets. Much of the Mercedes-Nissan collaboration never came to fruition because Ghosn thought the Germans were charging to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    So how many people do not buy GM/F products because of bad experiences in the 80's?
    The real question you should be asking is how many people do not buy GM products because of bad experiences in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. Now we're talking!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

are we saying the Germans don't use any engines designed for lower cars in their upper vehicles? Because I'm sure a lil research will prove that wrong. Hell wasn;t the CLA's engine built by Nissan?
    Yes. And the CLA is not a $60,000 C class. What GM is doing is the equivalent of Mercedes using the CLA engine in the C63. Huge difference.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 555 Posts
    My Ride
    '18 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop

Yup. 30 years.. some 40.. and they will still bring up **** that was long long ago. Meanwhile Toyota went on a killing spree back in '09.. Honda was ripping Trannys outta cars well.. still.. BMWs won't start.. or when they do POOF! Ball of flames.. Don't even get me started on Range Rover, Jag, or Audi and their electrical systems. But that lasts in the minds or American consumers a NY Minute. Sad
    Cadillac was putting unreliable Northstar motors in their cars up until the mid 2000's. Chevrolet was still selling the crappy Cavalier until 2004. Hell even recently as the early 2010's people were having motor issues with Terrain and Equinox models. How about all the issues with active fuel management in the 5.3's of the 2007+ GMT900 trucks?

Yes people still harp on 80's GM because the GM of late still isn't all that different. Just saying.
    2018 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop (Plum Crazy Purple)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryannel2003 For This Useful Post:

Dr.Show-Me (06-19-2019),gkr778 (06-20-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,785 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    Is the CT6 officially dead or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    What is today? Tuesday? So no, not dead today. Could change tomorrow, but who knows.
    Oohhhh, such drama. I hope it doesn't die soon just for the helluvit.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Everyone has different experiences. As an example, a friend bought a early used 2000-ish 3 series. He just had to have it. He spent over 18 grand in repairs in 3 years. It was literally always in the shop. I ended up bailing him out of it by fronting him a loan for a new fusion. I was not going to loan him money for another beemer. Meanwhile I had just sold my 13 year old TBird S/C that I spent about 3 grand in repairs over the life of the car. When I sold it, it still ran perfectly and the buyer drove it about 400 miles home.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vagon11 For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-19-2019),Mr.Buttons (06-19-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 3,761 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Maybe they have a crap load of them built, and need to use them up lol. Kind of surprised that they arent offering 400hp/400T TTV6 to split the difference between the NA V6 and the 500hp Blackwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
    I agree on this one. But the 3.6 is a pretty good engine, especially since the CT6 is fairly light. But I would go 3.0TT standard since this is your top of the line sedan.
    The 3.6 is fine for something like a Traverse, but for a full-sized flagship? Nah. Pass. Give me the 3.0TT as the base motor, and the TTV8 as the upgrade.

3.6 has no business in this car or the XT6. As far as XT6 goes, I understand why it's there (no new FWD transmission capable of taking that much power from the 3.0TT), but still... it isn't worthy of being a Cadillac engine anymore. And that's coming from somebody who owned 2 ATS 3.6s for close to 4 years.

Then I guess you are also not interested in the 740i starting at 86 grand with a 3L turbo that makes 335hp?
    ...that's faster, more efficient, and smoother than any V6 and or TTV6 in the CT6? That one?

GM doesn't have a V6 of any sort that can come close to the TTI6 from BMW. No contest.

Everyone has different experiences. As an example, a friend bought a early used 2000-ish 3 series. He just had to have it. He spent over 18 grand in repairs in 3 years. It was literally always in the shop. I ended up bailing him out of it by fronting him a loan for a new fusion. I was not going to loan him money for another beemer. Meanwhile I had just sold my 13 year old TBird S/C that I spent about 3 grand in repairs over the life of the car. When I sold it, it still ran perfectly and the buyer drove it about 400 miles home.
    You're right, everyone has different experiences. Here's mine:

My first car, at the tender age of 16 years old, was a brand new 2011 Malibu LTZ. Was a borderline lemon, and should have been bought back. Got rid of it early in the lease, made money on it somehow (sold for more than what it was worth I think?), and replaced it with a 2013 ATS Premium 3.6. That was an even worse car than the Malibu, and was an actual lemon. Misaligned panels, pieces of trim literally falling off it it... just a total disaster for a $52,000 car.

That's 0/2 on my first 2 cars I ever bought from GM and ever owned in my life. I gave them another chance, but most people won't, unless they're either fans, or just flat out stupid. I think I'm a mix of both. Lol.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (06-20-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    On the other hand, why not simply make the V8 standard? That would be an old school Cadillac move.

It's a Cadillac, son. Lesser machines can have lesser engines.
    Gotta have choices. No issue with choices. One V6.. if people don't like it.. buy the two.. TWO V8s above it. Really wish they brought back the PHEV just for a more "exotic" choices
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastbal1 View Post
    Yes. And the CLA is not a $60,000 C class. What GM is doing is the equivalent of Mercedes using the CLA engine in the C63. Huge difference.
    No its not.. because the 3.6L is not a 208HP cylinder
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

No its not.. because the 3.6L is not a 208HP cylinder
    The CLA is a cheap Mercedes and does not share its engine with REAL Mercedes, and that’s the point!!!! GM is throwing in a cheap engine into a high end car.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastbal1 View Post
    The CLA is a cheap Mercedes and does not share its engine with REAL Mercedes, and that’s the point!!!! GM is throwing in a cheap engine into a high end car.
    My point then is that the 3.6L is not a CHEAP engine. In fact.. it is a very nice engine that is tried and true. I said from git that the 3.0L would have been a more desirable engine as an alternative.. but for me.. the alternative engine is the 550HP 4.2L TT.

U're bitching over what again?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

megeebee (06-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,091 Posts
    My Ride
    The Toyota Rat Catcher

Sigh..... well.....might as well get silly before it won't be any fun.

For as much NA Cadillac product and fitment as is possible......

4.2 V8 NA 'base' - with a little help from the LB3 -and maybe a basic 48 Volt assist fairly often. .....

4.2 V8 NA PHEV with 48 / 48 + Volt 'assists'.

4.2 V8 TT

4.2 V8 TT + 48 /48 + Volt assists

You wanna' let Cadillac be Cadillac again ?????

That starts......but by no means ends....... with a V8.

Still some time before the Sun sets.
    Last edited by AMERICA 123; 06-19-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    "From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression and they're about to do it again."
    "The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."
    "If America is circling the drain, Goldman Sachs has found a way to be that drain " Matt Taibbi

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMERICA 123 For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (06-20-2019),jpd80 (06-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,905 Posts

?????????????
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it."

-George Orwell

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 641 Posts
    My Ride
    E93, STS, MX5, CRV

European full size sedans are often equipped with turbo-4s due to fuel taxes and emissions requirements. It's not a big deal to most consumers.

That said, the 3.0TT seems like a more suitable choice for people who don't care about a V8.
    "The Artist Formerly Known As Jesda"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jesda1 For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (06-20-2019)

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information