Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Re: Cadillac CT6 Pricing Changing Drastically For 2020 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    You have to be an old person to spend this much for a car equipped with a NA 3.6L V6. That barely qualifies as a base engine at Lincoln. I guess this is their new XTS.
    How about at Audi? I could be wrong here, but I believe the Audi A8 has a V6 with around that power, and if you click a couple of options like rear wheel steering, rear seat entertainment and Bang and Olufsen sound system your at $106K. I guess the A8 is their new German XTS.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-18-2019 at 07:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Cadillac killed the wrong V6 in the CT6.

The 3.6L should have been the one to die, not the 3.0TT. No reason for it to be in this car, when the cheaper CT5 won't even have it, and will instead offer the 3.0TT instead.

Stupid.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,310 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rougeriver View Post
    Why are they keeping the 3.6 V6? I was pricing all the Cs yesterday and concluded a version with the 3.0 TT V6 is what I want. I would have considered a CT6 sport with the 3.0 TT V6 due to larger interior volume warranting a higher price. Now, I guess my choice is the CT5. IMO, the best Cadillac should only have the best engines. It is not going to bother me that much, but with others, it might. Are you looking to purchase a Blackwing? Nice ride, if you do.

Off topic.

IMO, GM suffers from not rationalizing their powertrains.

If I ran the company, there would be a plant cranking out turbo I6 engines - one version as the base engine for all of their trucks and another version solely for Cadillac. An I6 is inherently smooth and, because the more humble version goes into hundreds of thousand of units, capital cost due to shared tooling can leveraged maximally. A base Cadillac would be offered with the I6. Want more power? Then some version of the venerable small block would be offered as a "Legacy" edition. In longitudinal RWD platforms, an I6 and V8 work well together as options. I am not saying the Blackwing V8 is a bad engine. No, it probably kicks a lot of ass. But from a capital cost standpoint, I feel a great I6 would have been able to burnish image in many more units sold. The ATS? Offer a 2.5 liter I6 as base. Trucks? Offer a large displacement I6 with a cast iron block. And note that a legacy option for the trucks would be a version of the venerable small block. Not only would tooling be maximally used, engineers would have fewer ICE designs to tweak - and GM has and does a great job tweaking its OHV V8. My rant for the day[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    In your theoretical scenario, you should easily be able to build I4’s on the same line as the I6 just like other manufacturers. Modularity helps here. You could even keep the bore spacing so no need for a small displacement I6. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    In theory it should be possible to do a2.0 I-4, 2.5 I-5 and 3.0I-6 down the same line, be that gas or diesel

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

rougeriver (06-19-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post

The 3.6L should have been the one to die, not the 3.0TT. No reason for it to be in this car, when the cheaper CT5 won't even have it, and will instead offer the 3.0TT instead.

Stupid.
    Maybe they have a crap load of them built, and need to use them up lol. Kind of surprised that they aren’t offering 400hp/400T TTV6 to split the difference between the NA V6 and the 500hp Blackwing.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-19-2019 at 01:36 AM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

Stupid.
    I agree on this one. But the 3.6 is a pretty good engine, especially since the CT6 is fairly light. But I would go 3.0TT standard since this is your top of the line sedan.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (06-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,099 Posts

Doesn't the new 8 series come with the 6 cylinder?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC KingElv!s's Avatar
    Thanks

They should make the V8 version a distinct model and name it CT8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,147 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by rougeriver View Post
    IMO, GM suffers from not rationalizing their powertrains.

If I ran the company, there would be a plant cranking out turbo I6 engines - one version as the base engine for all of their trucks and another version solely for Cadillac. An I6 is inherently smooth and, because the more humble version goes into hundreds of thousand of units, capital cost due to shared tooling can leveraged maximally. A base Cadillac would be offered with the I6. Want more power?
    And Cadillac suffers from relying on the GM Powertrain parts bin. A Cadillac CT6 with BMW's superb B58 inline six and ZF 8HP transmission would be truly awesome.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

rougeriver (06-19-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by KingElv!s View Post
    Add 3” more WB and a similar amount to overall length, along with a brand new specific interior, and sheet metal changes on the order of making the ATS into the CT4, and then it would be worthy of the name. How about CADILLAC CT8 SEVILLE? Perhaps SEVILLE would be the top version of CT8, majoring on Bentley level opulence.
    Last edited by SKH; 06-19-2019 at 01:47 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

Dheart (06-19-2019),rougeriver (06-19-2019)

Thanks

Is the CT6 officially dead or not?

Thanks

While it's nice to see GM finally starting to "work" with this car. I wonder if it will be able to recover the ground that it lost when GM bungled the CT-6's introduction and press up until this point.
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 06-19-2019 at 05:36 AM.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    Seems like they are rationalizing the pricing for the new sedan lineup.

CT6 starts at $59k, expect CT5 to start in high 40s and CT4 in high 30s

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

You have to be an old person to spend this much for a car equipped with a NA 3.6L V6. That barely qualifies as a base engine at Lincoln. I guess this is their new XTS.
    Then I guess you are also not interested in the 740i starting at 86 grand with a 3L turbo that makes 335hp?

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Doesn't the new 8 series come with the 6 cylinder?
    Yup.. as does the S-Class

Quote Originally Posted by KingElv!s View Post
    They really should. Screw it. At this point BMW now has 8 car CARS. With 4 of them offered as coupes. The EVEN numbers no longer even mean coupe anymore.. as each I think has a damn Grand Coupe that is four doors. A Bespoke CT8 above the CT6 would be perfect. A Coupe in between. That CT8 tho.. as ambitious as it sounds would be a bonafide hit if it was an Escala mimic

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    Then I guess you are also not interested in the 740i starting at 86 grand with a 3L turbo that makes 335hp?
    GOT 'EM!!! But they will never admit to it
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Stupid.
    Maybe not. Might be a stroke of genius (See below)

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Maybe they have a crap load of them built, and need to use them up lol. Kind of surprised that they aren’t offering 400hp/400T TTV6 to split the difference between the NA V6 and the 500hp Blackwing.

I completely agree, on the surface, it appears that the 3.6L should have been passed over for the 3.0LTT.. but from a business point of view.. it would seem as though the real push is for CT6 buyers to opt for the better, more expensive and Cadillac-ish V8. They are giving an alternative engine.. but as a potential buyer of said car.. why the heck would U buy the 3.6L.. a company mill.. when the exclusive, opulent V8 we've been asking for in this car since it debuted in 2015 is available. Personally I'd be pissed if I were GM and I looked at orders and the 3.0LTT that I was going to put into my CT5 (and probably other Caddys) was being ordered in more plentiful amounts (because dealers always try and find a middle ground for sales) over the 4.2LTT we just invested in bringing to the market. U know the one??? The one that us.. Cadillac lovers cried and moaned that Cadillac needed to have to be taken seriously as a rival to the German flagships. If U didn't.. I know I did. 500HP for the WIN.. 550HP and 627 lb-ft of YAP is even better. Especially in a 4200-4400 AWD 10Speed 204inch beautifully styled CT6 capable of 0-60 sprints in 3.8secs
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information