Cadillac CT6 Drops Another Engine, Only Two Left - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cadillac CT6 Drops Another Engine, Only Two Left

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

Re: Cadillac CT6 Drops Another Engine, Only Two Left

Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    +1
    Me too! I especially liked the velour lined interior of a '74 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman I saw at a Cadillac & LaSalle Club car show, which included an actual pillow. The owner was kind enough to let me sit inside.

Actually the Talisman came with a matching lap robe in addition to the pillow.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

2. The Following User Says Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (05-21-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. The XJ is nine years old and counting, and IMO the latest top spec 2019 XJ looks better in every conceivable way versus the Lexus LS. The LS exterior is wonky AF, and the interior might have beautiful materials, but it’s basically wretched stylistic excess once you get beyond one or two interesting details.
    Right! The LS still looks like it did essentially in 2007.. a bigger Camry.. from that time, but now featuring a Predator face. Personally I despise Lexus.. yeah it has the LC.. but that's really all it has going for it in terms of interesting.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special Hidden Content

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,704 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Right! The LS still looks like it did essentially in 2007.. a bigger Camry.. from that time, but now featuring a Predator face. Personally I despise Lexus.. yeah it has the LC.. but that's really all it has going for it in terms of interesting.
    Stylistically the LC shouldn’t work, but somehow it does. It blows me away every time I see one. It’s a sensational looking vehicle, but hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Lexus, simply by the law of averages, had to get a least one vehicle right.
    Last edited by SKH; 05-22-2019 at 04:17 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (05-22-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Stylistically the LC shouldn’t work, but somehow it does. It blows me away every time I see one. It’s a sensational looking vehicle, but hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Lexus, simply by the law of averages, had to get a least one vehicle right.
    Yup.. This and the original SC from the 90s. That's it.. in 30 years
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

SKH (05-22-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,704 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Yup.. This and the original SC from the 90s. That's it.. in 30 years
    Back in the day the SC was a home run effort by Lexus.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Impala LTZ/2015/White

I am actually surprised there is a 2020 model, period. Thought they wouldbuild out the 2019 till end of December. The Detroit Hamtamack facility where the CT6 (and Impala) are built is schedule for permanent shutdown in January 2020. So the 2020 CT6 will have a short production run (Aug 5 to Jan xx) about 5+ months. So they are probably limiting the engines and options (certifications/paperwork) for such limited production.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    After years of the auto press telling Cadillac to tone down its interiors because Cadillac interiors were too flamboyant and flashy, and “less is more” everybody else are now making interiors appropriate for Cadillac’s from 1960s to 1970s. This Lexus has a very old-fashioned Cadillac vibe to it.
    You're right. It's a modern take on the old-school Cadillacs of yore. Right down to the extremely high quality finishes.

I wish Cadillac would take a look at its storied past and try to bring it back, instead of emulating 8 year old BMWs with their interiors.

Different strokes for different folks. The XJ is nine years old and counting, and IMO the latest top spec 2019 XJ looks better in every conceivable way versus the Lexus LS. The LS exterior is wonky AF, and the interior might have beautiful materials, but it’s basically wretched stylistic excess once you get beyond one or two interesting details.
    XJ was a game changer with its chassis and uniquely British interior and exterior design... in 2011.

We're in 2019 now, and the XJ has been left behind by brands from 2 different continents. It needed to be replaced yesterday. Or last week. Or two years ago.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information