GM Inside News Forum banner

Cadillac CT5 Sport First Look

9K views 80 replies 30 participants last post by  Citation84 
#1 ·
Nice views of a CT5 Sport interior and exterior. And some other nice views for the straight perverts later in the video!

#3 ·
That was like 5 minutes of my wife yelling at me, I only knew when it was over when she said "bye bye", otherwise I didn't understand a word she said :D

But, great looking car, inside and out. Though I do remember liking the luxury version better when I saw the CT5 at the NY Auto Show. The chrome of the luxury package was a better look to me vs. the black accents on the sport.

#5 ·
I watched the entire thing on mute.. the most Asian languages literally give me the feeling of fingernails on chalkboard.. my grandmother is Japanese.. and spending time in Kobe used to be an exercise in keeping my sanity.

The car is gorgeous inside and out. The tech and the styling look to be a very nice leap forward for the brand.

#6 ·
Why is it subtitled? Isn't that the same language that she's speaking?

The car looks pretty nice.

#10 · (Edited)
I've really fallen in love with this car, despite that weird C pillar. It looks really athletic and handsome. I just hope the Sport has a light colored interior, I'm really thinking of getting one in that exterior blue-grey color but with a light interior (but not the red one). With all the issues people had with their 1st model year ATS' I think I'll wait until late 2020 before buying...

Another vid of the same car:

#24 ·
That car looks hot. Wish they would have had the red calipers on it! Really torn between lux and sport. The sport outside with blacked out rims and colored calipers is fire. I like the lux interior though with the light wood trim vs carbon fiber in the sport. Decisions...[/

I think this is the best sport interior, but no wood. Also best of the Chinese videos.

#60 ·
I don't know what the fuss is about, THIS is what GM brings to compete with BMW, Audi and Mercedes ? There is nothing special with this car. I only had one german car all my life and I would not give this a second look in the showroom.
I don't know how, but somehow they have this talent of making the car look cheap.

#61 · (Edited)
CT5 may not be particularly special, at least with the 2.0L 4-cylinder engine. But based on the video reviews shown in this thread, it does have some appealing features.

Plus, the Alpha II platform should provide excellent driving dynamics. Hopefully, CT5 is just as good as or better than the third gen CTS in this regard. We'll know for sure once the auto journalists get to test drive the CT5. :)

#72 ·
I used to not agree with your all RWD Chevy stance, but seeing how it works perfectly for Dodge, I can get on board with it. A RWD CT5 based Impala with a 3.6 base and a 490 HP LT2 would put any Charger short of the HC back on the trailer. I'd be down for that.

#69 ·
That C-pillar is, well, just unnecessarily contrived... There are a bunch of them out currently, and they all look hideous. Save the black plastic! Use it somewhere it has a positive effect, or just forget it. This is terrible, and a perfect reason to not consider the car. If the designers think THAT is acceptable, there WILL be other glitches. You can bet your last dollar on it.

Is GM trying to make Cadillac look like a Kia? No. Then cut the crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.