Cadillac CT4 Spy Photos Reveal Three Distinct Trim Levels: Mega Photo Gallery

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT4 Spy Photos Reveal Three Distinct Trim Levels: Mega Photo Gallery

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 599 Posts

Cadillacsociety
    8/16/2018
    Alex Luft

CT4 Premium Luxury
    The second prototype rides on a set of elaborate multi-spoke 18-inch wheels that exude luxury rather than performance undertones. The wheels wear the same all-season ProContact Continental rubber as the previous model, suggesting that comfort is a higher priority than outright performance on this application. Out back, this model is wearing what appears to be the same trapezoidal dual-exhaust design as the aforementioned Luxury model.
    We should also note that the CT4 is expected to derive a high-performance CT4-V variant, but that model will likely arrive 12-24 months after the launch of the “regular” CT4 – so we will have to wait a while before seeing prototypes of that beast.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asrapid1 For This Useful Post:

Cobaltss_King (08-16-2018),dannyg (08-16-2018),dslay04 (08-16-2018),unindicted co-conspirator (08-22-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,682 Times in 3,244 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Cadillac CT4 Spy Photos Reveal Three Distinct Trim Levels: Mega Photo Gallery

How do they know what is ct5 and what is ct 4

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,720 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Re: Cadillac CT4 Spy Photos Reveal Three Distinct Trim Levels: Mega Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    How do they know what is ct5 and what is ct 4

The two cars look similar, but there are enough differences to tell CT4 from CT5.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (08-19-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

I suspect we may see this car in production before the CT5, since ATS is going away first.

How do they have any wheel travel with the front wheelwells so close to the tires?

It pisses me off that with more equipment, you automatically get worse riding tires on just about every car line.

They've raised the hood line, shortened the taillights, and moved the CHMSL to the back window in an attempt to reduce the wedge appearance of the car. An improvement, IMO, except whatabout fins?
    Last edited by ral1960; 08-16-2018 at 11:44 AM.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

The more I look at these pictures and compare them to the ATS sedan, (especially the rear doors and their apertures) the more it looks like CT4 is basically a re-skinned ATS or ATS 2.0.

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,304 Posts

What is the point of this? I thought CT5 replaced both ATS and CTS. This CT4 seems like it's pretty close in size to CT5.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    What is the point of this? I thought CT5 replaced both ATS and CTS. This CT4 seems like it's pretty close in size to CT5.

I've been saying all along that I was not buying this down sized tweener strategy. CT4 will be ATS size, and CT5 will almost certainly be CTS size. Perhaps CT4 will get a slightly longer wheelbase than the ATS, but beyond that they'll be an inch or so different in overall length.

Mark my words, CT4 is a re-skin of the ATS with most of the effort focusing on improving rear seat room and improved dashboard/console. Even the dash won't be a radical departure unless they changed the hard points beneath the dashboard/console. I think the New Escalade will be the first Cadillac with the new dashboard architecture. I expect CT5 is simply a re-skin of the CTS.

Here's a thought. The Camaro is on a 110.7" Wheelbase. Perhaps they'll move CT4 to that. That's 1.4" longer than the Stateside ATS, and with a couple of more tricks to find more rear legroom (scooping the back of the front seats out like the previous Malibu emergency facelift) it should be pretty competitive in that department.
    Last edited by SKH; 08-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (08-20-2018),dslay04 (08-16-2018),sfbreh (08-16-2018)

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    I've been saying all along that I was not buying this down sized tweener strategy. CT4 will be ATS size, and CT5 will almost certainly be CTS size. Perhaps CT4 will get a slightly longer wheelbase than the ATS, but beyond that they'll be an inch or so different in overall length.

Mark my words, CT4 is a re-skin of the ATS with most of the effort focusing on improving rear seat room and improved dashboard/console. Even the dash won't be a radical departure unless they changed the hard points beneath the dashboard/console. I think the New Escalade will be the first Cadillac with the new dashboard architecture. I expect CT5 is simply a re-skin of the CTS.

Here's a thought. The Camaro is on a 110.7" Wheelbase. Perhaps they'll move CTS to that. That's 1.4" longer than the Stateside ATS, and with a couple of more tricks to find more rear legroom (scooping the back of the front seats out like the previous Malibu emergency facelift) it should be pretty competitive in that department.

I hope that includes a far more aggressive design for the coupe. And one that isn't launched two years too late.

Throw in a convertible, even if it's off a plain-looking coupe like the current ATS, and I'm in.
    Last edited by ksr; 08-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

Thanks
    My Ride

If they improve the following
    1. Driving dynamics
    2. Power
    3. Interior materials
    4. rear leg room
    5. Cue
    6. Design/interior exterior

they should do well. Its not like there is anyone out there other than Alfa and Lexus with any radical designs now

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Add trunkspace to your list, but that's a long shot from the looks of it.

If they're moving this to a lower price point than ATS, it doesn't seem likely the interior quality will change much for the better. Likewise for incorporating structural advances from Omega. Expect the worst and we'll be pleasantly surprised, not disappointed.

I'd forgotten about the Camaro wheelbase possibility. The rear side window looks slightly larger than the regular ATS, but the rest of the greenhouse looks the same. To me, the front seat felt cramped, which would be more important for tall or wide buyers.

I've said this before, but they should offer a smoother riding option for people over 50 who want a small luxury sedan. I don't understand why they don't make the extra effort to reach the widest possible range of buyers.
    Last edited by ral1960; 08-16-2018 at 04:59 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ral1960 For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (08-16-2018)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    Add trunkspace to your list, but that's a long shot from the looks of it.

If they're moving this to a lower price point than ATS, it doesn't seem likely the interior quality will change much for the better. Likewise for incorporating structural advances from Omega. Expect the worst and we'll be pleasantly surprised, not disappointed.

I'd forgotten about the Camaro wheelbase possibility. The rear side window looks slightly larger than the regular ATS, but the rest of the greenhouse looks the same. To me, the front seat felt cramped, which would be more important for tall or wide buyers.

I've said this before, but they should offer a smoother riding option for people over 50 who want a small luxury sedan. I don't understand why they don't make the extra effort to reach the widest possible range of buyers.
    Unfortunately with JDN gone, interiors are at the mercy of the Pontiac Grand Am mafia

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    I suspect we may see this car in production before the CT5, since ATS is going away first.

How do they have any wheel travel with the front wheelwells so close to the tires?

It pisses me off that with more equipment, you automatically get worse riding tires on just about every car line.

They've raised the hood line, shortened the taillights, and moved the CHMSL to the back window in an attempt to reduce the wedge appearance of the car. An improvement, IMO, except whatabout fins?
    If the engineers did their homework, the suspension travels through an arc that allows the wheel/tire to travel from full compression to full rebound without any contact or interference.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 5,624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post

Here's a thought. The Camaro is on a 110.7" Wheelbase. Perhaps they'll move CT4 to that. That's 1.4" longer than the Stateside ATS, and with a couple of more tricks to find more rear legroom (scooping the back of the front seats out like the previous Malibu emergency facelift) it should be pretty competitive in that department.
    My idea used to be that CT4 will be ATS-L, but now I think it's just the same basic car. CT5, I expect will be more than just a CTS 2.0. My big hope for CT5: 48V.

I expect CT5 to drop to $40k and CT4 to drop to $30k or max out at $35k.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    My idea used to be that CT4 will be ATS-L, but now I think it's just the same basic car. CT5, I expect will be more than just a CTS 2.0. My big hope for CT5: 48V.

I expect CT5 to drop to $40k and CT4 to drop to $30k or max out at $35k.
    I finally found an ATS shot that matches one of the spy shots. I agree with you--there's no increase in wheelbase. A decrease in price, without de-contenting, would be good.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Having really good lease deals to go along with the lower price will be what makes this car sell.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information