Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights - Page 7

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    And China now only has the ATS-L, not the CTS, which is wider, not just longer, than the normal ATS.
    The ATS sells pretty well there. The Chinese seem to really love Cadillac even more than Americans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

A good thing someone does, because they're wasting money trying to sell them in Europe.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

A good thing someone does, because they're wasting money trying to sell them in Europe.
    they waste no money because they don't even try to sell ATS (or any other Cadillac) in Europe. There are a few exceptions but 70% of the dealers & service on cadillaceurope.com web page are nonexistent. There are no operating costs/ no marketing costs/ no advertising so there's no money wasted. Only dilluted reputation of Cadillac brand. Marry Barra doesn't seem to care just as her predecessors never did. The biggest joke is that one tacky British dealership offering Cadillacs/Corvettes with steering wheel on the wrong side. It's like Jaguar had one dealer in U.S. and sold British versions of their cars in U.S and they complained U.S. market is too competetive and prejudiced against their products.

*update

Cadillac Europe updated their website for 2019 after 4 years! There are no longer fake Cadillac dealers&service in Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania etc.. What a progress !
    Last edited by Scrambler; 03-19-2019 at 06:15 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambler View Post
    they waste no money because they don't even try to sell ATS (or any other Cadillac) in Europe. There are a few exceptions but 70% of the dealers & service on cadillaceurope.com web page are nonexistent. There are no operating costs/ no marketing costs/ no advertising so there's no money wasted. Only dilluted reputation of Cadillac brand. Marry Barra doesn't seem to care just as her predecessors never did. The biggest joke is that one tacky British dealership offering Cadillacs/Corvettes with steering wheel on the wrong side. It's like Jaguar had one dealer in U.S. and sold British versions of their cars in U.S and they complained U.S. market is too competetive and prejudiced against their products.
    :
    And I’m glad she’s not. GM doesn’t have the funds to be plunging millions of dollars into a heavily entrenched, mature market like Western Europe. It would take generations of offerings for them to make a dent. Add to the fact that only the XT4 would be the only crossover that would suit Europe’s needs and we have even worse problem. And even then they would need motors other than the 2.0L I4 turbo. Not worth it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    And I’m glad she’s not. GM doesn’t have the funds to be plunging millions of dollars into a heavily entrenched, mature market like Western Europe. It would take generations of offerings for them to make a dent. Add to the fact that only the XT4 would be the only crossover that would suit Europe’s needs and we have even worse problem. And even then they would need motors other than the 2.0L I4 turbo. Not worth it.
    Explain one thing only. Why keeps she calling Cadillac 'GM's global brand'? Is she retarded or what? Also why doesn't she care about Cadillac's image.
    If she cared, Cadillac would be a small niche boutique brand in Europe (that wouldn't need plunging millions believe me) or would completely disappear - and that would also be somekind of solution - 'nobody buys Cadillac in Europe because we don't offer them there' = 100% logic.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

I would think an American brand would have better luck selling behind the former Iron Curtain (except East Germany) than in Western Europe.

Thanks

Explain one thing only. Why keeps she calling Cadillac 'GM's global brand'? Is she retarded or what? Also why doesn't she care about Cadillac's image.
    If she cared, Cadillac would be a small niche boutique brand in Europe (that wouldn't need plunging millions believe me) or would completely disappear - and that would also be somekind of solution - 'nobody buys Cadillac in Europe because we don't offer them there' = 100% logic.
    Probably not retarded given they sell in China. Selling there allows her to say "global" even though it's still not sold in that many markets. And I completely disagree- launching Cadillac as a profitable boutique brand in Europe would definitely require millions. You can't just set up shop in a new market on the cheap, especially in a market that's highly resistant to new brands from other countries. And again, Cadillac doesn't have powertrains available for that market that are suitable for a luxury brand. They have the current 2.0t I4 that's been panned for its NVH characteristics. They'll need others, mostly of the hybrid and smaller displacement variety.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I would think an American brand would have better luck selling behind the former Iron Curtain (except East Germany) than in Western Europe.
    That's why it's beyond me why GM launched Cadillac&Corvette in U.K. with steering wheel on the wrong side while completely neglecting markets You mentioned. Point me one manufacturer that does things like that. Besides, Americans please finally stop that 'Iron Curtain' thing. You may divide Europe to EU/non-EU countries because nobody uses here the cold war theories anymore.

Probably not retarded given they sell in China. Selling there allows her to say "global" even though it's still not sold in that many markets. And I completely disagree- launching Cadillac as a profitable boutique brand in Europe would definitely require millions. You can't just set up shop in a new market on the cheap, especially in a market that's highly resistant to new brands from other countries. And again, Cadillac doesn't have powertrains available for that market that are suitable for a luxury brand. They have the current 2.0t I4 that's been panned for its NVH characteristics. They'll need others, mostly of the hybrid and smaller displacement variety.
    You aren't right. Global means global as 2+2 equals 4. Hyundai/KIA is global just as Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi etc. Peugeot (even after it enters U.S.) Buick or Cadillac are not global. As for the boutique brands - there are very rare Lotus and Maserati that don't lose millions and and the same time their mother companies don't destroy their image and make people laugh at them. The world is global and that whole European Cadillac chaotic 'whorehouse policy' affects Cadillac reputation in U.S. and China. More than You think. So they better stop completely (just as Infiniti did recently) or start to act.

As for engines. Ford before launching Mustang also thought Ecoboost would be most customers' choice. Now in most of Europe 90% of Mustang sales are V-8s. And most of the people who import US-suvs with V6/V8 on their own install LPG in them and are very happy. People associate American cars with engines of bigger displacement and many for whom AMG Mercedes is too expensive are in need for them. When KIA itroduced Stinger with a V6 most of the comments were 'finally a normal engine, finally a V6'. And KIA doesn't complain about lack of demand for it. Meanwhile Cadillac offered ATS/CTS with that ****ty four banger only with much overpriced (in Europe) V-Series later to follow. That didn't stop cadillaceurope page from showing pictures of a V6 engine bay. This company is really ran by idiots. They better sell Cadillac to Chinese asap. Because they will never be able to compete with Germans on global scale (because of reasons You mentioned and many others), nor (what's worse) they can build a niche-brand for enthusiasts (which would be much cheaper and wouldn't ruin Cadillac's image).

P.S.
    Salary of this guy is a waste of money.
    https://media.cadillac.com/media/int...velopment.html

Among Wellerís highlight achievements are the introduction of Cadillacís new global corporate identity at various dealerships and the introduction of the unmatched premium mobility service BOOK by Cadillac.
    I fell off my chair.
    Last edited by Scrambler; 03-20-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks

You aren't right. Global means global as 2+2 equals 4. Hyundai/KIA is global just as Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi etc. Peugeot (even after it enters U.S.) Buick or Cadillac are not global.
    That's a matter of opinion and now you're talking degrees of global. Marry Barra is using global in the context that it is sold in multiple markets. You can argue with her semantics but her usage isn't incorrect.

As for the boutique brands - there are very rare Lotus and Maserati that don't lose millions and and the same time their mother companies don't destroy their image and make people laugh at them. The world is global and that whole European Cadillac chaotic 'whorehouse policy' affects Cadillac reputation in U.S. and China. More than You think. So they better stop completely (just as Infiniti did recently) or start to act.

Lotus has outright struggled to stay profitable and so has Maserati. You couldn't have picked two worse examples. See why China's Geely is took over Lotus: https://autoweek.com/article/car-new...ty-stake-lotus. Maserati hasn't been outright unprofitable for a while (but certainly was at various times through the decades) but their profit margin isn't where it should be: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20.../#more-1649642. And then we have Alfa Romeo, which recently relaunched but was unprofitable last year: https://www.autonews.com/article/201...-alfa-maserati

As for engines. Ford before launching Mustang also thought Ecoboost would be most customers' choice. Now in most of Europe 90% of Mustang sales are V-8s. And most of the people who import US-suvs with V6/V8 on their own install LPG in them and are very happy. People associate American cars with engines of bigger displacement and many for whom AMG Mercedes is too expensive are in need for them. When KIA itroduced Stinger with a V6 most of the comments were 'finally a normal engine, finally a V6'. And KIA doesn't complain about lack of demand for it. Meanwhile Cadillac offered ATS/CTS with that ****ty four banger only with much overpriced (in Europe) V-Series later to follow. That didn't stop cadillaceurope page from showing pictures of a V6 engine bay. This company is really ran by idiots. They better sell Cadillac to Chinese asap. Because they will never be able to compete with Germans on global scale (because of reasons You mentioned and many others), nor (what's worse) they can build a niche-brand for enthusiasts (which would be much cheaper and wouldn't ruin Cadillac's image).
    Ford launched a sports car with a storied reputation and fan base in Europe. They've seen the Mustang in movies throughout the years and they have been clamoring for that specific car for years. There's obviously gearheads in Europe for that sports car. Do not assume this is going to transfer to your CT or XT whatever upon arrival. KIA doesn't care about the lack of demand of for their premium offerings because they're trying to take their brand upmarket and they have strong domestic sales. They can't continue slow sales forever and you'll see cars like the Stinger disappear if its ultimately successful. KIA is also aware it's going to take multiple generations for an upward trajectory in brand perception, which I mentioned in my first response to you.

And as far as your comment that people expect American cars to have bigger displacement, how do you explain Ford of Europe? They certainly aren't a big displacement powerhouse outside of the Mustang. Unless Cadillac is bringing sports cars over there do not expect them to welcome a 3.0TT with open arms and big sales. Especially where they're headed with their taxes in the near future.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpens For This Useful Post:

Vagon11 (03-20-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic
    Long term Caddy has EVs coming, in the meantime there’s a diesel in the works. XT4/XT5/CT4/CT5?

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/02/2...ine-this-year/
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

Thanks

Well that's good news. If they can put that powerplant in the CT4 for Europe as well they might actually get somewhere.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

They're not likely to sell many in the US. Don't know about China.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 771 Posts

Well that's good news. If they can put that powerplant in the CT4 for Europe as well they might actually get somewhere.
    GM needs to stop wasting time/resources on the European market, if they haven't already...focus on US/Jhina, establish a cohesive brand direction, and fill in the Cadillac model range.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Baby Escala
    Not on its best day!
    Jake

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    So this is supposed to be an A Class A 3 Class car? Its a lot of car for the Class if ye asketh me
    Actually, I believe it is suppose to compete in the C Class.....A4.....4 Series...... segment. If not, then Cadillac has a hole in their line-up. Well, actually, they have a lotta holes...........
    Jake

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information