Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights

Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 598 Posts

Cadillacsociety
    Alex Luft
    2/25/2019

We’ve previously showed you spy shots of the Cadillac CT4, but today we have our best look yet at the upcoming compact sedan. Our spy photographer has captured the CT4 undergoing testing while wearing , headlights and taillights and, for the first time, a production grille.
    We believe that the model we see here is the Premium Luxury trim level, as per the new Cadillac Y trim level strategy. That means that it’s one step above the base Luxury trim level, while creating a luxurious character for the vehicle defined by chrome body accents, lavishly-designed multi-spoke wheels, and a softer ride.
    The focus on bright, chrome body accents can be seen right away at the front with the new grille, which features the same Bright Galvano finish as the new Cadillac XT6, XT4, and CT6 – all of which follow the luxury automaker’s new Y trim level structure. Another element that serves to give away that this is the Premium Luxury trim are the wheels, which feature a double-five-spoke design, with each of the double spokes splitting off into two – thereby creating a four-spoke appearance as they contact the rim.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asrapid1 For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (02-27-2019),megeebee (03-03-2019),Murrow (02-25-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,590 Times in 3,196 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Spied With Production Grille And Lights

So this is supposed to be an A Class A 3 Class car? Its a lot of car for the Class if ye asketh me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 638 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Baby Escala
    Last edited by kool1; 02-25-2019 at 12:32 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Is there going to be a coupe variant?

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice, but needs a coupe variant, also throw a Chevy and Buick in there as well.
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

I still believe we'll see this car unveiled before the CT5.

Just looking at those tiny tire sidewalls makes my butt hurt.

What this car really needs is more side glass than the ATS, but that didn't change. Too expensive--but they did change the CTS's.

Forget about the coupe, give us a convertible designed as one from the get-go.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ral1960 For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (02-25-2019),Ed753 (02-25-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I don't know that I would get one in that color. ()
    Last edited by Dovetonsils; 02-25-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Sierra Denali Ultimate

Hopefully this is getting revealed soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 620 Posts

So...Is this going to be smaller than the ATS? and the ATS and CTS are going to be rolled into the CT5, which if all reports are correct, a tweener between the C and E, 3 and 5? Correct? I hope this is wrong, it just seems that they're setting themselves up for the same failures of yesteryear.

Anyway...hopefully, this will give us a 4 door SBC Chevy (Impala?) version of the CT5 if GM has any sense. But knowing GM, we'll likely end up w/ a code 130R variant, 8 years too late.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

ATS 2.0, for better and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    Just looking at those tiny tire sidewalls makes my butt hurt.

What this car really needs is more side glass than the ATS, but that didn't change. Too expensive--but they did change the CTS's.
    Yeah, not sure why anyone would want 19"s on this - maybe the "V-Sport" or whatever will come with lighter 18"s like the Premium/Premium Performance ATS trim did, although it's not like any ATS had glide-down-the-road comfort. On the side glass, I've actually been pretty happy with the visibility in my ATS (except out the back, like any modern car) - the rear door shapes are not ideal though; making them squarer and more useful would probably add more glass, but the CT4 looks to not address this. I'm really hoping they pair the sport suspension with AWD this time around, that's about the only thing that would push me to get another "ATS".

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    So...Is this going to be smaller than the ATS? and the ATS and CTS are going to be rolled into the CT5, which if all reports are correct, a tweener between the C and E, 3 and 5? Correct? I hope this is wrong, it just seems that they're setting themselves up for the same failures of yesteryear.
    No. These will be essentially the same wheelbase and similar length as the ATS (no change to the greenhouse) and CTS (new greenhouse). It's just the base prices will be lower to compete with the next smaller class of German sedans.

If they have any sense, they'll offer a version of each with a smoother ride instead of just stiff, stiffer, and stiffest. There are plenty of short, older, rich people who don't want to climb up into a crossover and don't want their dentures rattled loose.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    So this is supposed to be an A Class A 3 Class car? Its a lot of car for the Class if ye asketh me
    This car will be pretty much the same size as the ATS.. U might actually think its larger because they supposedly gave it a slightly longer WB and thinner seats to shut cry babies up about the rear seat legroom.. because apparently Americans only transport Line-Backers in D-Segment cars. The CT4 is supposed to be a D-Segment car, with the CT5 being the E, and the CT6 as the straddler between E-and F, but considered F by designation.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

Greg.Botts (03-18-2019),mbukukanyau (03-04-2019),megeebee (03-03-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 1,885 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I like it so far. I hope it has some Escala in it too. Yes and double yes to the coupe variant and Buick + Chevy variants comments above as well.

Banned
    Thanks

No. These will be essentially the same wheelbase and similar length as the ATS (no change to the greenhouse) and CTS (new greenhouse). It's just the base prices will be lower to compete with the next smaller class of German sedans.

If they have any sense, they'll offer a version of each with a smoother ride instead of just stiff, stiffer, and stiffest. There are plenty of short, older, rich people who don't want to climb up into a crossover and don't want their dentures rattled loose.
    Supposedly this too has been addressed with a more aggressive programming in suspension. REASON WHY? When I had my Z06 MRC adjustments (it was $350) programming done I asked the tech, who also works with the CTS-Vs, if the re-program was coming to the Vs? He said he hadn't heard anything, but he knows for a fact that the next slew of Cadillac's (the CT6 already has it) were going to be coming from the factory with the revised system.

After living with this upgrade for the past 6 Months.. I have to say that it was well worth the $350. Its hard to believe that a 30 minute "tune" can effect the suspension of a vehicle this much. The same thing that one used to have to spend 3+Hrs doing.. dirt in the eyes after crawling under.. busted knuckles, tight spaces.. trying to switch out shocks/struts.. now can be done thru a simple programming. Man I wasted a lot of my teenage and twenty-somethin years LOL.. U can actually can feel the difference in terms of smoothness in all modes that I use (Tour, Sport, Track) So much smoother and the Sport mode lost none of its maneuverability and still felt well planted on the open road. I may or may not have had it above 90mph in some empty places, but if I did.. it felt nimble as hell.. in fact.. slightly more in tune with the road.. and no jittery feeling over the occasional bump in the road. This is in a Z06 which is about 2 inches off the ground. The Cadillacs will benefit even more so I think

Thanks
    Thanked 7,721 Times in 3,897 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Assuming they stick to their "Y" plan with a sport and luxury variants, hopefully they have actual suspension differences, unlike the CUV's.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information