Cadillac crossovers here, but is it enough?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Cadillac crossovers here, but is it enough?

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Cadillac crossovers here, but is it enough?

https://www.autonews.com/sales/cadil...here-it-enough

July 29, 2019 12:00 AM
    Michael Martinez

LEESBURG, Va. — After years of preaching patience while it transformed a sedan-heavy lineup, Cadillac now boasts fresh offerings for America's crossover-crazed consumers.

But Cadillac dealers, having endured three years of declining sales and the ousting of President Johan de Nysschen in 2018 just as his product blitz was beginning, may have still longer to wait before the luxury brand's rebound truly can take hold.

Some of Cadillac's new entries, including the three-row XT6 crossover and CT5 sedan, have received middling reviews. The Super Cruise driver-assist system, arguably the brand's most compelling feature, won't expand beyond a single nameplate until at least 2020.

And despite promises that Cadillac will lead parent company General Motors' charge into an all-electric future, the brand's first full-electric vehicle is still years away.

"They're saying they will be the EV leader and they will be the tech leader; they're asking people to wait for the right time," said Stephanie Brinley, principal automotive analyst at IHS Markit.

- At least in my case - there's not much at Cadillac right now that excites me.

Could have said the same (even more so) a year or 2 ago for Lincoln, but if I were now in the market for a 3-row, lux CUV - would give serious consideration to the Aviator.

Makes me sad that will have to wait at least another whole generation of Cadillac vehicles before there might be something that catches my eye.

There's a good chance that the new Escalade will bring it (altho w/ Mark Reuss in charge, you never know), but something like the Escalade and Navigator just aren't in my wheelhouse (now, maybe if needed to tow a horse trailer or something like that).
    Last edited by YEH; 07-28-2019 at 11:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

emh
    Thanks

Re: Cadillac crossovers here, but is it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    Makes me sad that will have to wait at least another whole generation of Cadillac vehicles before there might be something that catches my eye.
    Much to learn you still have... my old padawan. A generation away exciting Cadillacs will always be.
    "The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion" -- John Lawton

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Cadillac's SUV's offer nothing additional over their GMC/Chevy copies other then a higher price. Super Cruise is just a gimick that will keep GM in accident lawsuits for years. Let's work on better performance and handling rather then products that let you sleep at the wheel. The EV hype is ten years too early and just another push for sales in China.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

The 3 CUVs now on the market are all good but another one and a couple of V-series models are probably needed. New Escalade is needed also.

Cadillac is in a better spot now for sure but Mercedes and BMW have at least 7 models each.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-29-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,844 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Like I said in the thread about future product at GM, the problem lies with the "poor abilities" of the top brass, and too much indecision.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

I’m very interested in the upcoming CT4. If I had the $$ I’d absolutely pick up a CT6-V. Zero interest in crossovers.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements