GM Inside News Forum banner

Cadillac Could Be Working On A Supercharged Escalade With 650 HP

3K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  1958carnut 
#1 ·
Carscoops
Michael Gauthier
July 11, 2019

Cadillac is in the midst of expanding their V-Series lineup and a new report is indicating there will be a high-performance version of the 2020 Escalade.

The model is reportedly being described as a “powerhouse” and that’s probably not much of a stretch as the engine is rated at 650 hp (485 kW / 659 PS) and 650 lb-ft (881 Nm) of torque. It remains unclear if the Escalade will keep that power rating but, if it does, it would mean the SUV would have 230 hp (172 kW / 233 PS) and 190 lb-ft (258 Nm) of torque more than the current model which uses a naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8.

Interestingly, the high-performance Escalade could be even more powerful than the CTS-V which had a surcharged 6.2-liter V8 with 640 hp (477 kW / 649 PS) and 630 lb-ft (854 Nm) of torque. As a result, it’s not entirely clear if the model will be badged as an Escalade V or an Escalade V Plus / Blackwing.
*Full Article at Link

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Carscoops
Michael Gauthier
July 11, 2019

*Full Article at Link

I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of this rumor. I will say though, that if you have a copious amount of posteriors that you need to be taken from one place to another, there will be a version that will do it with extreme prejudice.:drive:

#12 ·
Not surprised. This is why the GT500 based blown 5.2L that is going to make it into the Raptor needs to find a home in the Navigator too. Implementing that mill into the F150 is going to cover the vast majority of developmental work there anyway, so the decision has been somewhat simplified for them. I’ll go so far as to say that whether or not the Navigator receives a version of that engine will tell us a lot about where or if Ford sees a high performance future for the Lincoln brand.

#33 ·
I'd be very interested in the Sierra Denali with a 650 HP SC LS V8, there are multiple companies making them as options now and think the GM should really consider adding Twin Turbos to it's OHV V8 for it's Trucks since they could be used in HD trucks as a viable option to Turbo Diesels for many owners and would make an outstanding engine for performance Trucks and SUV's that could be easily fitted to the existing production lines. They would also outperform Fords Eco Boost V6's in performance and most likely real world MPG even though they are larger.

#26 ·
I think that’s fine but, if electrification is the only way that they counter this, a good number of folks will stay away. I’m interested in a blown 5.2L V8 powered Navigator. I’m not really a player for a 3.5L EB Navigator hybrid and I’m guessing in not the only one.

If Ford offered a 5.2L SC Navigator ‘LST’ I’m betting they could and would sell every one they would be willing to build.

#30 ·
Handling could easily be made significantly better for the segment without butchering the ride. The last generation Ford Lightning was a great example of how truly large vehicles can handle well enough to be fun to drive without needing to pretend to be the worlds largest Corvette. And that truck didn’t even have IRS.

Sports cars aren’t the only high performance vehicles in the world, and arguably they aren’t the most interesting. Done right I think this could easily warrant a V badge. And it might be the only vehicle I would cheer along as it made a run around the Ring both because of the absurdity of Ring time worship and the absurdity of a full size, high performance, body on frame suv taking a lap on that track.

#31 ·
Pray tell am I the only one who perused the press release in regards to Cadillac's intended leadership role in electrification among GM brands? So Ford who is an also ran for electrification can certainly not bring anything to the table that GM cannot match easily in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.