Autoblog: Hotter Cadillac CT5-V and CT4-V spy photos, video hint at engines

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Autoblog: Hotter Cadillac CT5-V and CT4-V spy photos, video hint at engines

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,931 Posts

Autoblog: Hotter Cadillac CT5-V and CT4-V spy photos, video hint at engines

"And the CT4-V sounds like it has a manual transmission"

ZAC PALMER
    Jul 31st 2019 at 5:40PM

Article, photos, and video: Autoblog: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/31/...videos-photos/

Cadillac has some extra spicy V cars on the way, and this latest batch of spy photos and videos is more revealing than anything we’ve seen yet. We don’t yet know the final name of these Cadillac V cars, but they are supposed to be the true replacements for the CTS-V and ATS-V. The CT4-V and CT5-V we saw previously are only mild performance variants of the regular sedans

Diving into the video seems more important than the photos on this one. Our spy shooters managed to capture great audio that allows us to take some guesses at what’s under the hood of these cars. The CT5-Vs in black and white camouflage sound like they have some gnarly V8s under their skin. We can’t pick up a supercharger whine or a turbocharger whistling away, but we’re not going to rule out the former. The CTS-V has a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that makes 640 horsepower, and it wouldn’t be out of the question to see this car rival it in power. We still haven’t heard the CT6-V at full song, but the engine we’re listening to here just doesn’t strike us as the sound of a 4.2-liter twin-turbo V8 in that car. It sounds a lot more guttural, like the LT4 or LT5 V8 engines. Also, none of the CT5-Vs here sounded like they had manual transmissions.
    Last edited by megeebee; 08-01-2019 at 12:23 AM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Autoblog: Hotter Cadillac CT5-V and CT4-V spy photos, video hint at engines

"More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

"More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 12’ Infiniti M37S
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,812 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I expect the V engines to carry over from the ATS/CTS to the CT4/CT5, I'm not expecting any major revolutions on that front.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

eb110americana (08-01-2019),SKH (08-01-2019)

Thanks

I'm predicting a 500hp LT2 for the CT5V and a 3.0T pumping out a little over 400hp for the CT4V also w/ this drop in power on the top level 5V, I'm expecting a price drop as well which should put it somewhere a tad south of $60K for the 5V.

Reason why I don't expect the LT4 in the CT5V is because that motor sounded naturally aspirated
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Cobaltss_King (08-01-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I expect the V engines to carry over from the ATS/CTS to the CT4/CT5, I'm not expecting any major revolutions on that front.
    In a way they are doing a tick-tock sort of like Intel does. The tick is the body and the tock is the engines. Even the new vette is basically carrying over the LT1. So they updated the body on the V's like the vette's and carried engines.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 eb110americana's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I'm predicting a 500hp LT2 for the CT5V and a 3.0T pumping out a little over 400hp for the CT4V also w/ this drop in power on the top level 5V, I'm expecting a price drop as well which should put it somewhere a tad south of $60K for the 5V.

Reason why I don't expect the LT4 in the CT5V is because that motor sounded naturally aspirated
    That's what people said about the ZL1 and ZR1 when they were videoed at the Nurburgring. The superchargers on the LS and LT blocks are not nearly as loud as the ones on the MOPAR HEMIs. An LT2 powered sedan from Cadillac or Chevy actually sounds pretty sweet, but my money is on the LT4 or variant thereof in the CT5-V+ (or whatever they call it).

Thanks
    Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,812 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    In a way they are doing a tick-tock sort of like Intel does. The tick is the body and the tock is the engines. Even the new vette is basically carrying over the LT1. So they updated the body on the V's like the vette's and carried engines.
    I think GM and most other companies long ago learned the lesson to not introduce new engines and chassis at the same time - too many quality issues....

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,498 Times in 3,155 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

The CT5 should keep the Hammer, otherwise it will be dissapointing

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,050 Times in 1,889 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Cadillac CT6

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    hope they tune the exhaust sound

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information