GM Inside News Forum banner

2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Performance Specs Revealed

8K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  mbukukanyau 
#1 ·
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Performance Specs Revealed
https://cadillacsociety.com/2021/01/11/2022-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-performance-specs-revealed/

January 11, 2021
Jonathan Lopez

Furthermore, the order guide goes on to list a top speed of 189 mph, and a 0-to-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds. Naturally, those figures slot in under those of the upcoming 2022 CT5-V Blackwing, which, as Cadillac Society reported previously, will be capable of breaking 200 mph and will hit 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, all thanks to the CT5-V Blackwing’s supercharged 6.2L V8 (production code LT4). For reference, the CT5-V Blackwing is expected to dole out more than 640 horsepower.

more at link

See less See more
#3 ·
That is going to be one quick ATS. Still Cadillac should give these vehicles that Dual Clutch option from C8, and allow them to break the 3.0 sec mark to 60.
The Corvette team held the C7 back by not giving it a dual clutch in the Z06 as well as ZR1. Seems like the goal is to hold these back so that they can claim Celestiq is quicker...

#10 ·
Sounds great.

I can't help but think "Why do they even bother?" when I read about an upcoming car from Cadillac. Not matter what, they don't sell. I love cars and yeah, I want to see them keep building them. But the practical side of me just sees massive financial losses that are coming when you can manage to sell only a few thousand sedans.

I wish the sales pendulum would swing back to cars and away from utility vehicles. But I don't think I'll live to see that.

#23 ·
If it helps, the recommended way to change a headlight bulb in my old 2.0T ATS was to take off the front wheel and remove the wheel well housing. Needless to say I paid to have the dealer replace the bulbs. My guess is if it is this difficult to change a lighbulb in a regular ATS, I'd imagine a V is not easy to work on...

#24 ·
That's the way most cars are now. In fact, most have a companies have a port hole in the wheel well that gives you access to the headlight. GM being GM, they just remove them after having them on some cars. IE, our 2010 Terrain had them. Then, in 2014 they removed them. :D Not even a generation difference, they just took them away.

As for pulling the wheel well liner, that's an absolutely easy job and if you aren't confident you can do it maybe it's best to pay a dealer.

#48 ·
The 0-60 time quoted for the CT4 Blackwing is identical to the ATSV. So, maybe no hp increase for the LF4? My only issue with the atsv was the too high MSRP and the 8 speed auto. The car drove amazingly well and had a big midrange charge, that fell off closer to redline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.