2021 Esclade's interior spied - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Esclade's interior spied

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 788 Posts

Re: 2021 Esclade's interior spied

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Or maybe, since the last generation Escalade was widely considered the best interior in its class, just not make random assumptions that it will be anything less in the next generation.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/cadillac/escalade/

The FordFanBoy fantasies of Cadillac making its most prestigious product a lesser quality than the current generation have never had any basis in reality.

When the fourth gen came out it blew the Navigator out of the water. This will be true again when the Fifth generation bows in early 2020. There is no doubt. There is no question. Everything we’ve been told about the upcoming Escalade by insiders on this site has proven true, again, and again. So, I will expect that the Fifth Gen Escalade will in fact have an interior spec’d to the Bentley Bentayga.
    Ford Fanboy Fantasies?!?!?! I've gone from Nissan -> Pontiac -> Oldsmobile -> Nissan -> Dodge -> Chrysler -> Buick -> Nissan ->Mazda...don't see a ford anywhere in there.

My remark was in response to a remark about complaints about something that hasn't been complained about. There is a running tendency on GMI to not just have a GM product be great, some of you then go off to make up complaints that no one has ever made apparently as some sort of preemptive defense mechanism...see above for proof.

Anyway, like I said...it appears GM is doing a great job on the new Escalade, I'd like to see how the "hate ipods on dash" crowd and the "anti-quilting" crowd react when the Escalade debuts with a dose of both....my advise: never take up a firm negative stance on a design element because one day, it'll come back to haunt you.

One last thing...appreciate the times we're in, Cadillac has a legit competitor in Lincoln which in turn is driving Cadillac to do better...imagine where we could've been had it not been for the Navigator making the leap it made after 13 years of mediocrity.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 10-17-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (10-17-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,218 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Pricing can stay roughly the same and it'll still be profitable, overall margins might (not because of the gauges) shrink a little as LED screens are relatively cheap, and less complex than intricate gauge pods.

The way that design looks laid out, I'd venture out and say it'll be across the board
    If the new Escalade comes out with similar pricing to the current one, it will be a great victory. I don't share your thoughts, however. The Escalade is their flagship product and will be priced as such. With all of the upgrades including the new suspension, I wouldn't be surprised to see it top out around $120K. You can get a new Navigator (Black Label), loaded, for around $103-105K................. so it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    The resident "girl"

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,741 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    And a version or the design theme needs to show up in the XT4,5, &6.

Likely on their replacements, not the current versions, but you never know.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    If the new Escalade comes out with similar pricing to the current one, it will be a great victory. I don't share your thoughts, however. The Escalade is their flagship product and will be priced as such. With all of the upgrades including the new suspension, I wouldn't be surprised to see it top out around $120K. You can get a new Navigator (Black Label), loaded, for around $103-105K................. so it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    $130K is probably not out of the question for a full on V-Series version optioned to the gunwales.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Cadillac ain't Corvette though. GM loves to pinch pennies when it come to Cadillac.
    CTS-V, ATS-V have shown that GM doesn’t always pinch pennies when it comes to Cadillac. In fact, the CTS-Vsport sat on Car and Driver’s 10Best list for three years. And I will remind everyone that numerous publications hailed the third gen CTS as the best sedan that GM ever built.

The problem isn’t that GM isn’t willing to invest in building great Cadillac’s. The problem is that GM doesn’t know how to sell great Cadillacs. Part of the problem is their awful dealership network. Another part of the problem that is out of GM’s hands is that the automotive press just gaslights the frick out of Cadillac. When you have 20-something reviewers who can’t stop mentioning the Cinarron every time Cadillac releases a smallish vehicle — well that’s why Cadillac can’t get past its past.

When a 25 Or 30 year old acts like the Cimarron was a personal affront to him when he wasn’t even born then you can see that there is a lot of dishonesty in the automotive press.

This was the opening graph about the XT4 at Truck Trend by Brett T. Evans:

Cadillac doesn’t have a great record in the compact-car class—only the excellent late-model ATS stands up to the legendarily bad Cimarron of the 1980s and the forgettable Catera of the 1990s. Those latter vehicles were commercial and rhetorical failures for Cadillac, due in no small part to their plebeian engineering platforms—the Cimarron was based on the Chevrolet Cavalier, while the Catera shared almost everything with the Opel Omega (a popular—but bland—German executive car).
    Are you serious? The Cimarron? Give me a break. This isn’t close to an honest assessment. This article is from 2018. 36 years after the Cimarron debuted. Looking at this guy’s photo this guy likely never saw a brand new Cimarron, much less being among those who trusted the Cadillac name enough to get burned after buying one.

I am 50 years old. I was 13 years old when the Cimarron came out. So I wasn’t even old enough to feel the burn of having bought one. When someone between the age of 25-35 years old has a more outdated reference point for Cadillacs and what to expect from them somebody is not writing for truth.

And it’s not like Cadillac hasn’t had successful small vehicles to talk about recently. The first and second gen CTS were both 190 inch long cars. The second gen SRX and the XT5 both of which were 190 inches long and — relevant here — are SUVs would seem to be a better reference point. And he uses a Catera reference here so we are talking about vehicles in the 180-190 inch range.
    Last edited by Robert1969; 10-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert1969 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (10-17-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'm hoping the lesser GM SUV's interior's have as much thought and style as this new Slade interior appears to have. And while they're at it, take that new SUV interior and hang it inside the new pickups in the higher trims. Would certainly restore some of my lost faith in the General.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The Interior without disguise is gorgeous, and reeks class. It'll be executed to a level similar to the C8, and you can take that to the bank.
    I can't wait to do just that!

Of course I'll never buy one...
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 10-17-2019 at 07:50 PM.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

If you look at pictures of the Escala interior, you can pretty much figure out what the Escalade's IP will look like to the left of the screen, directly in front of the steering wheel.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...1&action=click
    Last edited by SKH; 10-17-2019 at 06:38 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (10-17-2019),bronx13 (10-17-2019),Robert1969 (10-22-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 rockyspaw's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 G6 GXP 05 Rainier 81 Vette

Anyway, like I said...it appears GM is doing a great job on the new Escalade, I'd like to see how the "hate ipods on dash" crowd and the "anti-quilting" crowd react when the Escalade debuts with a dose of both....my advise: never take up a firm negative stance on a design element because one day, it'll come back to haunt you.
    From what I can see in the spy pic, the Escalade is much more than an ipod mounted on the dash! It appears to be much better integrated!
    I wish they all could be California squirrels!
    Past Rides: 2003 Grand Am GT1 (saved me), 1995 Bonneville SLE (RIP), 1986 635 CSi, 1984 Estate Wagon, 1978 Malibu Classic, 1978 Corvette, 1975 Vega Kammback (Miss ya'), 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (STFU...it got me there!)

"Nothing happens until something happens then everything happens!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rockyspaw For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (10-17-2019)

Thanks

Cadillac is great again

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bronx13 For This Useful Post:

Robert1969 (10-17-2019),SKH (10-17-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

The screens on the Escala, and now the new Escalade, look nothing like the ubiquitous 'ipods on a dash' designs. The Lincoln's sat/nav screens look like Ford grabbed off the shelf items (even if they are not)whereas Cadillac has designed screens specifically (initially at least) for the Escalade. Maybe XT7 will also get these screens or slightly restyled versions?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (10-17-2019),Robert1969 (10-17-2019)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The screens on the Escala, and now the new Escalade, look nothing like the ubiquitous 'ipods on a dash' designs. The Lincoln's sat/nav screens look like Ford grabbed off the shelf items (even if they are not)whereas Cadillac has designed screens specifically (initially at least) for the Escalade. Maybe XT7 will also get these screens or slightly restyled versions?
    All of Cadillac’s screens are much better integrated than just about anybody. That’s true for the XT4, XT5, XT6, CT6, the upcoming CT4 abd CT5, and now we know the Escalade will top it off with the grandest screen configurations in the industry.
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,210 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

there is a car transporter that rents space in our yard at work and yesterday was unloading a 2017 MB E class station wagon
    it has one screen that goes 1/2 way across the dash for both instrumentation and infotainment system
    glad to see CADDY moving that way and is at least one step to separate it from the GMC and Chevy versions

Thanks
    Thanked 7,972 Times in 3,997 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I hope the rest of the interior resembles this :

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...vt=0&eim=1,2,6

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...vt=0&eim=1,2,6

It retains the simplicity of A&S, which I love, but still looks extremely sophisticated without being festooned with buttons like the Germans and their copy-cats. I love the grey material, reminds me of a fine suit. It evokes the grandeur of the 1950's without looking retro. That is a magnificent interior. Build it GM!

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91fairladyZ View Post
    And a version or the design theme needs to show up in the XT4,5, &6.
    Three steps to Cadillac sedan nirvana:

1. Put this interior into the CT6.

2. Change CT6 name to CT8

3. Psyche! Only two steps are necessary,

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast