2021 Cadillac Escalade: Here’s what we think it will look like - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2021 Cadillac Escalade: Here’s what we think it will look like

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 670 Posts

Re: 2021 Cadillac Escalade: Here’s what we think it will look like

Quote Originally Posted by LithiumVsport View Post
    I don't see any difference from the previous Escalade styling formula. They take a Suburban, slap a Cadillac grill and tail lights on it, and slather the rest of it with gaudy chrome trim. The result is an chintzy monstrosity, a fundamentally dishonest product that is an insult customers.
    So you're saying you're currently in the undecided category on the new Escalade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LithiumVsport View Post
    I don't see any difference from the previous Escalade styling formula. They take a Suburban, slap a Cadillac grill and tail lights on it, and slather the rest of it with gaudy chrome trim. The result is an chintzy monstrosity, a fundamentally dishonest product that is an insult customers.
    Who's to say they didn't start with the Escalade, decontent the hell out of it, slap a Chevy grille on it and bank the resulting ROI? Case in point: if it wasn't for the necessity of Escaade needing IRS, the investment would have never been made for Chevy, GMC.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to criticalmass For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-17-2019),buildacariwant (07-17-2019),jzchev28 (07-18-2019),Tomko (07-17-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,711 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by criticalmass View Post
    It apparently it has not occurred to you that those with the means to buy this do so because of the "gaudy chrome trim" and the Cadillac grill?
    Well in a few of the versions, it will no longer have a 'gaudy' grille, and the majority of chrome trim is quite tasteful. You'll just have to wait an C...

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 4,017 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
    Since Cadillac has been adding more horizontal elements to their tail lights I think the Escalade will follow suit so not sure on that rendering. Also not a fan of the front end styling looks way too soft should be more aggressive but that's just me.
    Agree. That's a girly-girl face. Too pretty.
    The trend is toward battlefield-ready-looking trucks, in case GM or MT happened to be stealing another chocolate milk instead of listening to the teechur in 3rd grade calculus/vehicle design.

Quote Originally Posted by rockyspaw View Post
    That was my first impression, too...not aggressive enough! Needs to be more "in your face"!
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 07-17-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Evo69's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    That's a hard nope, not even close
    As I thought!
    Hidden Content
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo69 For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (07-18-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Interesting that some find this nice looking. It looks just like the Olive Garden pasta XT6 to me.

Anyhow, I'm glad that those who have seen the '20 Escalade are saying no to this.

It's not Escalade enough to be an Escalade.
    RedSkyBlackDream

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedSkyBlackDream For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-17-2019),IROCNROL1 (07-18-2019),jzchev28 (07-18-2019),Neanderthal (07-17-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 1,885 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    Interesting that some find this nice looking. It looks just like the Olive Garden pasta XT6 to me.

Anyhow, I'm glad that those who have seen the '20 Escalade are saying no to this.

It's not Escalade enough to be an Escalade.
    TRUE!!
    Hell, all MT did was slap the new Cadillac face on the current model. I find that ridiculously unimaginative IMO because most likely in WILL get all new sheet metal. I really don't think either that the face going on now has the presence for that size of vehicle because of its front end height from lower air dam to top of hood.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (07-17-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,711 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    TRUE!!
    Hell, all MT did was slap the new Cadillac face on the current model. I find that ridiculously unimaginative IMO because most likely in WILL get all new sheet metal. I really don't think either that the face going on now has the presence for that size of vehicle because of its front end height from lower air dam to top of hood.
    The front of the 2021 is still very imposing. Delicate it ain’t, but it isn’t desperately over styled like the X7. All Motor trend did was took the CT5 front end design themes and slapped them on a current Escalade. The Grille/headlights LEDS on the 2021 are all proportioned relative to the size and mass of the vehicle. The headlights in particular are nothing like the CT5’s or the ones on MT’s rendering.
    Last edited by SKH; 07-17-2019 at 09:34 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-18-2019),BlackGTP (07-18-2019),jzchev28 (07-18-2019),megeebee (07-17-2019),Ute (07-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 1,885 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The front of the 2021 is still very imposing. Delicate it ain’t, but it isn’t desperately over styled like the X7. All Motor trend did was took the CT5 front end design themes and slapped them on a current Escalade. The Grille/headlights LEDS on the 2021 are all proportioned relative to the size and mass of the vehicle. The headlights in particular are nothing like the CT5’s or the ones on MT’s rendering.
    Nice to know. We all know though that these renderings should be taken with a grain of salt most of the time is my underlying intent I guess.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,260 Times in 1,169 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

Yup, they needed to push the A pillar forward a bit as well as the front wheels, next the hood is actually higher as well. The front styling and headlights is just a guess but it's not an accurate one.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-18-2019),Evo69 (07-18-2019)

Walking
    Thanks

Are the headlights like the XT6 in which the vertical elements and horizontal main headlights are completely independent of each other. Or is it more like the CT5 where the main headlights still maintain some form of the vertical lights. I personally feel the XT6's vertical and horizontal likes dont go very well together and it doesn't look very much like a Cadillac. The integration of horizontal lighting is much better on the CT5 imo.

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Well in a few of the versions, it will no longer have a 'gaudy' grille, and the majority of chrome trim is quite tasteful. You'll just have to wait an C...
    Hm. Sounds like a hint that the c-pillar is all chrome

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information