The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise) - Page 7

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 181

Thread: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise)

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    I posted the $74K price tag. That in and of itself should and would tell even the most goofy of goofs that I wasn't talking about the base model.. WAAAAAIT WHA.. a GLA goes from $33K to 75K.. A XT5 goes from $53K to a SUPPOSED $74K.. Go figure. And U're trying to justify it with a 4.3sec 0-60 time

    And if 0-60 in 4.3 seconds is your worth $75K.. and that is the end all be of of luxury and your argument.. then I'll put up a $35K Camaro SS that does it in less... at U trying to intimidate me with a UGLY.. PUNK LOOKING turbo4 powered... UGLY compact that Mercedes duped U into thinking was special. These have a base price of only $5K more and both go a helluva lot faster.. and I promise U looks way better and cooler doing it.. plus won't get me laughed and called an idiot when I tell people how much I paid for it.
    Try to have some nuance in your arguments, it'll come off less as trolling. The reason I mentioned the 0-60 time was to emphasize the worlds apart that the AMG GLA45 is from the run of the mill GLA250. It has a unique hand built engine and performance far beyond that of a GLA250. Is that the transformation that vast and wide in an XT5 from base to the top level? No, it isn't. The XT5 has exactly one powerplant and no unique suspension design. Further, the arguments in this entire thread are based on the XT6's pricing relative to its competition. The AMG GLA45 doesn't have a direct competitor in the U.S., which you continue to not acknowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    U trying to intimidate me with a UGLY.. PUNK LOOKING turbo4 powered... UGLY compact that Mercedes duped U into thinking was special. These have a base price of only $5K more and both go a helluva lot faster.. and I promise U looks way better and cooler doing it.. plus won't get me laughed and called an idiot when I tell people how much I paid for it.
    It is quite bizarre that you seem to take things so personally. No, I was not trying to intimidate you with a car I don't own and don't care much about. I would never want to be seen in a Camaro or GLA. You consistently seem to miss the point- amusingly so.
    Not taking it personal at all.. Just find it amusing that U think that dropping a more powerful engine in that trash makes it suddenly WORTH $75k. That's up from$33K. At the same time the XT6 starts literally where one of the luxury class sales leaders (XT5) leaves off in mid trim (Prem Luz) and POSSIBLY, when fully loaded, goes to $74K. But it's a problem because it's a Cadillac, but not a problem because it's a Benz. My issue with Benz in general is that they really have done nothing for me. I think their marketing is great.. As they dupe people into believing that they are so special that they can charge stupid prices for pieces of ***

    Oh.. And still tryin to figure what makes a $33K Compact worth $75K because they put a more powerful engine in it and a better suspension OK, but a $53K large luxury CUV is not worth $75K when its fully loaded, because they didn't add another engine to it yet.. A 25 page thread on it no less.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #92
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,173
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked 583 Times in 296 Posts
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Haha. I bet that XC90 looks great. My bf's younger brother drives a Honda Element. Now that's the life.
    It's absolutely beautiful. Its white and has a deep wine or burgundy colored interior. Almost looks purple. Definitely looks like a premium vehicle and worth every penny. His brother is 29 - Not at all what I expected him to purchase at his age but then again he was just as surprised to find out he was having triplets and needed a safe kid hauler.

    For some reason I can't figure out why the XT6 doesnt look premium. Its growing on me but it definitely doesn't look like a $75,000.00 vehicle. Inside or out.
    RedSkyBlackDream

  4. #93
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,173
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked 583 Times in 296 Posts
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Oh and Serpens: As a gay man I've had countless arguments, convo and debate with people (over many topics as you would imagine). Some people just want to have the last word no matter how clear and valid of a point you are making. Just had the boyfriend read this thread and he came away with completely understanding what you were saying. He said he's seen Cadillac slap a Platinum badge on the back of their cars and charge a 30K premium over its lesser version like you are getting Mercedes level of their Designo offerings. The price spread over what you get over the base model cannot be justified for the XT6.

    This is coming from a HUGE fan of Cadillac and his boyfriend that doesn't give AF about cars.
    RedSkyBlackDream

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedSkyBlackDream For This Useful Post:

    Serpens (03-24-2019)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Haha. I bet that XC90 looks great. My bf's younger brother drives a Honda Element. Now that's the life. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
    It's absolutely beautiful. Its white and has a deep wine or burgundy colored interior. Almost looks purple. Definitely looks like a premium vehicle and worth every penny. His brother is 29 - Not at all what I expected him to purchase at his age but then again he was just as surprised to find out he was having triplets and needed a safe kid hauler.

    For some reason I can't figure out why the XT6 doesnt look premium. Its growing on me but it definitely doesn't look like a $75,000.00 vehicle. Inside or out.
    Perhaps is U need to see it in white, with a deep wine or burgundy colored interior.. I like Grey..on Black.. It makes most luxury vehicles I see in that color look like $75,000 vehicles inside and out

  8. #95
    Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The land of the hethan
    Posts
    10,300
    Thanks
    1,485
    Thanked 3,541 Times in 2,306 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Try to have some nuance in your arguments, it'll come off less as trolling. The reason I mentioned the 0-60 time was to emphasize the worlds apart that the AMG GLA45 is from the run of the mill GLA250. It has a unique hand built engine and performance far beyond that of a GLA250. Is that the transformation that vast and wide in an XT5 from base to the top level? No, it isn't. The XT5 has exactly one powerplant and no unique suspension design. Further, the arguments in this entire thread are based on the XT6's pricing relative to its competition. The AMG GLA45 doesn't have a direct competitor in the U.S., which you continue to not acknowledge..
    Hi Serpens, I don't have a dog in this fight but regarding the GLA45, I compared to the Focus RS and guess what,
    a lot of the dimensions, weight height and lengths are reasonably close save for the Focus using the 2.3 EB and 6MT..

    I found it interesting to visualize a Lincolnized Focus RS at around the price of the GLA45.
    Never gonna happen I know because Ford / Lincoln isn't that adventurous regarding niche buyers..
    Last edited by jpd80; 03-22-2019 at 10:17 PM.

  9. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpens View Post
    Try to have some nuance in your arguments, it'll come off less as trolling. The reason I mentioned the 0-60 time was to emphasize the worlds apart that the AMG GLA45 is from the run of the mill GLA250. It has a unique hand built engine and performance far beyond that of a GLA250. Is that the transformation that vast and wide in an XT5 from base to the top level? No, it isn't. The XT5 has exactly one powerplant and no unique suspension design. Further, the arguments in this entire thread are based on the XT6's pricing relative to its competition. The AMG GLA45 doesn't have a direct competitor in the U.S., which you continue to not acknowledge..
    Hi Serpens, I don't have a dog in this fight but regarding the GLA45, I compared to the Focus RS and guess what,
    a lot of the dimensions, weight height and lengths are reasonably close save for the Focus using the 2.3 EB and 6MT..

    I found it interesting to visualize a Lincolnized Focus RS at around the price of the GLA45.
    Never gonna happen I know because Ford / Lincoln isn't that adventurous regarding niche buyers..
    And that's where I was coming from even if U weren't.. The GLA amg at $75k is comparable to a Focus RS or Civic Type R and uglier than either

  10. #97
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    21,380
    Thanks
    3,634
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Bringing the GLA AMG into this may be the most ridiculous thing you've ever done to bash Mercedes-Benz and paint Cadillac into a positive light, and that's really saying something. Wow.
    Current:

    2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

    2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

    Hidden Content

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (03-26-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-24-2019),Serpens (03-24-2019)

  12. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    Bringing the GLA AMG into this may be the most ridiculous thing you've ever done to bash Mercedes-Benz and paint Cadillac into a positive light, and that's really saying something. Wow.
    It makes sense..It was a price comparison. Read it the way U want.. Mercedes does nothing for me from $33K to $200K over 17 models... and that's really saying something. Wow

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

    Dheart (03-23-2019)

  14. #99
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 gkr778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southaven, Mississippi USA
    Posts
    2,351
    Thanks
    2,857
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,122 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Mercedes does nothing for me from $33K to $200K over 17 models... and that's really saying something.
    Yup, what is says is that you're very closed minded when it comes to automobiles.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

    Envoy4Life (03-24-2019),Extreme4x4 (03-26-2019),JimmyDiablo (03-24-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-24-2019),sdotjeezy (03-24-2019),Serpens (03-24-2019)

  16. #100
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 1,454 Times in 736 Posts

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Wow...looks like I missed alot, DaBB - you're starting to sound like fellow GM zealot Gregg Botts, I usually give you benefit of the doubt because you actually put your $$$ where your mouth is but the pricing of the XT6 isn't in line w/ what you're going to get, like I said, they're about 10% over like they always are.

    TBH I actually don't believe the Mary B bit regarding the SuperCruise being unintentionally omitted @ the release, that's a pretty big feature that would've, if truly available, would've been touted in the initial press release. Mary B caught wind of the trashing of the XT6 and tried to save face by announcing SC on the XT6 a prime example of "Engineering By Press Release". Right now @ GM, engineers are scrambling to retrofit SuperCruise to a platform that wasn't developed to accommodate SC...bank on it.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6


    Hidden Content

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    69gtsdart (03-24-2019),Extreme4x4 (03-26-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-24-2019)

  18. #101
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,945
    Thanks
    5,532
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 3,955 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    And that's where I was coming from even if U weren't.. The GLA amg at $75k is comparable to a Focus RS or Civic Type R and uglier than either
    Now that's a tall order, the Civic Type R brings astonishing new highs to bad Japanese designs...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    Murrow (03-24-2019)

  20. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    Yup, what is says is that you're very closed minded when it comes to automobiles.
    Closed minded because I don't like what Mercedes is offering?? LMFAO. is there one manufacturer in the market right now that U don't find anything desirable from other than GM?

    And these days??? With all the BS and economic reasons, not to mention reasons of pride in my country's industry??? If I felt like I was getting an inferior product by buying a Cadillac over a Mercedes or BMW? Would I still buy the Cadillac? No. But can U genuinely tell me that the choice I've made the last three times ('09 CTS-V Sedan, '12 CTS-V Coupe, '16 CTS-V all fully loaded) versus the competition from BMW or Benz were bad choices?

    Give me 5 reason why I should have bought the German alternatives. I test drove both the M5 and E63AMG all three times.. did the numbers.. talked to other owners I knew about maintenance.. looked at the styling.. wrote a check to Cadillac dealer. Simple as that. Felt great about supporting an American, storied, luxury brand that while not as in vogue as the Germans now, was at one point, and recently so, the epitome of luxury. That would be like me abandoning my love of Prince music 5 years ago because he wasn't putting music out platinum records anymore, and becoming an R.Kelly fan cause he was. Wow.. We know how that would have turned out.. Yes.. .I look at Mercedes as the R. Kelly of luxury cars.



    Seriously... No offense.. buy why would U buy a $34,000 2014 320i over a 2014 ATS 2.0L for $40,000?








    Last edited by DaBangBang; 03-24-2019 at 09:00 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

    Dheart (03-24-2019)

  22. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 887 Times in 412 Posts

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Wow...looks like I missed alot, DaBB - you're starting to sound like fellow GM zealot Gregg Botts, I usually give you benefit of the doubt because you actually put your $$$ where your mouth is but the pricing of the XT6 isn't in line w/ what you're going to get, like I said, they're about 10% over like they always are.

    TBH I actually don't believe the Mary B bit regarding the SuperCruise being unintentionally omitted @ the release, that's a pretty big feature that would've, if truly available, would've been touted in the initial press release. Mary B caught wind of the trashing of the XT6 and tried to save face by announcing SC on the XT6 a prime example of "Engineering By Press Release". Right now @ GM, engineers are scrambling to retrofit SuperCruise to a platform that wasn't developed to accommodate SC...bank on it.
    So basically I'm a zealot because I like what I buy? I should be praising a maker that I offers nothing I'd buy (well the S-Class Coupe.. that it and only because I can't get an American alternative)? Gotcha.

    Pricing on the XT6 is $53K starting.. we are dedicating this entire thread on the typed words of a C&D writer who may or may not be correct in talking about how much a fully loaded XT6 is? Gotcha . I won't even get into the fact that the vehicles starting price is because they essentially aren't offering a BASE vehicle and starting off with a Premium lux trim of the XT5.. which we all full well know is essentially the vehicle the XT6 is complimenting with more size in emulating the line-up from Lexus in particular with their highly successful RX and RX-L.

    No... I'm no zealot. Just a person who looks LOGICALLY at things. Many of U know the truth.. yet want to bring innuendo and speculation into a meaningful car discussion. A VEHICLE THAT HASN'T EVEN HIT THE LOTS YET. Whether it originally had SC in it or not.. WTF does it matter if when it goes on sale it has it? I kinda hope it didn't. I kind a hope the XT6 didn't have Super-Cruise in it originally.. and Mary Barra found out and made the change. That would show that GM is actually recognizing issues before they hit the showroom.. Which I think would be what we would want them to do.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

    Dheart (03-24-2019),impala02 (03-24-2019)

  24. #104
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 momolos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 200 Times in 104 Posts

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    The XT6 was a huge rush jobs. It is NOT good enough in the segment. It is overpriced for what a customer gets.
    The 3.6 Corporate V6 needs to disappear from ALL Cadillac engine Bays ASAP.
    The Interior is borderline a joke. Not because the Materials are not good enough (which they are barely in this segment) but mostly because the design is 5/6 years old.
    The Tech is definitely not up to Par for the price Cadillac will be selling this one.
    Cadillac doesn't even offer a Full Digital Gauge Cluster on their First ALL NEW XT4 and XT6.
    BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have zero to worry about from this Cadillac attempt. It's really too bad what GM is doing to Cadillac. A real shame.
    GM and Cadillac just keep proving to us why Johan stood no shot of reviving Cadillac one new car reveal at a time!!!
    untitled

  25. #105
    SKH
    SKH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,666
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,720 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

    Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    Yup, what is says is that you're very closed minded when it comes to automobiles.
    Or it could just be that Mercedes products don’t appeal to him. I feel the same way. Mercedes products used to have a lot of dignity to them, now they are overwhelmingly tacky.

    I do see some hope though, as I saw a new A Class sedan a week or so ago, and Mercedes is definitely starting to tone down the exteriors. It actually looked attractive to me, more square shouldered, and with less fussiness to the surfacing on the sides of the car. It also had less of that jelly bean styling that the C and E Class currently have. If I was forced to buy a luxury vehicle, it would be an Audi. Btw. I didn’t even know the new A Class was on sale in the US yet.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

    DaBangBang (03-24-2019)

  27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Cadillac XT6 Press Release
    By Z284ever in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 12:42 AM
  2. 2020 Cadillac XT6 To Feature Identical Interior To XT5
    By asrapid1 in forum Global Cadillac News
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-11-2018, 08:28 AM
  3. 2020 Cadillac XT6 Spied Doing Another Round of Testing
    By RSS NewsBot in forum GMI Home Page Feed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2018, 10:00 AM
  4. Spied: 2020 Cadillac XT6 Prepares to Fill the Gap
    By RSS NewsBot in forum GMI Home Page Feed
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM
  5. Could Loaded Model 3 Be Priced at Over $75,000?
    By rand49er in forum Competition News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2