The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise) - Page 11

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 771 Posts

Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    I wish GM could deliver something as yummy as a Cayenne 3 row'er.
    Yeah because that would be something that the "Standard of the World" would offer while "Daring Greatly". Am I doing that right?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

Typical C&D review.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    a new adaptable Suspension technology (Not MRC) according to lead engineer, its drives like a proper Cadillac. Based on Blazer reviews, if this drives better.. its going to be great..
    I drove my late step-monster's extended Trailblazer today to recharge the battery and get it inspected. It rides and drives like Cadillacs used to, especially since the tires need air. Since she died getting out of it, we're keeping it until it falls to pieces.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    The gripe is that "we waited 3 years for this". What "something special" does this offer over its platform mates? It reeks of a stopgap product ala XTS & to be totally honest, i wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted a generation in its current guise w/ the next gen moving to whatever they're calling the next LWB Alpha w/ the XT7 going on Omega.

Also, WTH is up w/ Caddy not having an official configurator online? If i had to guess it's that they're going to restructure pricing. I did notice that the base Aviator is now down to $51K so Lincoln and Caddy might be trying to price each other down.

Also, dude chill out, why so angry...do yourself a favor and turn off fox news while you're posting.
    The XTS sold well and was a REAL cadillac. IM not sure what the comparison is supposed to mean. The platform is relatively new and used by other large FWD GM CUVS- what would suggest this is a stopgap solution? What are the limitations of this platform that suggests to you that this can't be acceptable for a Cadillac? What buyers care about platforms? BTW- isnt the Xt5 on an earlier version of this platform?? How has that vehicle done for Cadillac?

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

The Lincoln Aviator, or Nautilus, and the Kia Telluride are going to eat this for breakfast. Not to mention the Acura MDX.

The KIA , fully loaded, is only around $44,000. The Lincoln interiors are much more rich looking, and the exterior styling is better, not to mention the Black Label options, and the MDX has more standard equipment and cost less than the XT6.....
    Jake

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,270 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion
    Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    a new adaptable Suspension technology (Not MRC) according to lead engineer, its drives like a proper Cadillac. Based on Blazer reviews, if this drives better.. its going to be great..
    I drove my late step-monster's extended Trailblazer today to recharge the battery and get it inspected. It rides and drives like Cadillacs used to, especially since the tires need air. Since she died getting out of it, we're keeping it until it falls to pieces.
    sorry to hear of your loss.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,270 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    The Lincoln Aviator, or Nautilus, and the Kia Telluride are going to eat this for breakfast. Not to mention the Acura MDX.

The KIA , fully loaded, is only around $44,000. The Lincoln interiors are much more rich looking, and the exterior styling is better, not to mention the Black Label options, and the MDX has more standard equipment and cost less than the XT6.....
    Have you actually compared the vehicles side by side?

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

So does anyone know when you can ‘Build and Price’ the XT6 on Cadillac’s site? By now, I would have expected you could do it as it is due in showrooms mid year.

Curious to see what it maxes out at, and see if the thread title turns out to be accurate or total BS. They only got to a high $73K, so we know it’s not accurate and is already partial BS.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    So does anyone know when you can ‘Build and Price’ the XT6 on Cadillac’s site? By now, I would have expected you could do it as it is due in showrooms mid year.

Curious to see what it maxes out at, and see if the thread title turns out to be accurate or total BS. They only got to a high $73K, so we know it’s not accurate and is already partial BS.
    Maybe it was including the extended warranty and GAP.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

SKH (04-07-2019)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,730 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Maybe it was including the extended warranty and GAP.
    When I saw the car at at market research clinic it was fully competitive as far as equipment and power goes with the assembled competitors, and the price actually undercut the Volvo and Audi. So why that wouldn’t be true now that it’s made it to production? The version I was shown was probably Premium Luxury, and it seemed to be better value than an equivalent XT5. Iirc it was listed as $58,500.

Perhaps the facelift on the XT5 will bring with it a realignment of the MSRP, relative to XT6. I could see the price difference for comparably equipped XT5 /XT6 coming down to whatever Cadillac decides an extra two seats is worth. It will be surprising if the XT5 MCE doesn’t end up getting the interior changes (wood dash, brushed aluminum speaker grilles etc) that the XT6 has.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

DaBangBang (04-07-2019),megeebee (04-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    The Lincoln Aviator, or Nautilus, and the Kia Telluride are going to eat this for breakfast.
    Boy. When you turn you really TURN.

The KIA , fully loaded, is only around $44,000.
    Then it's not a competitor of the Cadillac. And using your logic, wouldn't it also eat the Lincoln for breakfast?

The Lincoln interiors are much more rich looking,
    Well they look more European, certainly.

and the exterior styling is better,
    A matter of opinion. I suppose if a person likes Audi's and Land Rovers, they'll like the Lincoln.

However, I don't see why a person would buy a Ford-Built copy when for the same money they can have the real thing.

and the MDX has more standard equipment and cost less than the XT6.....
    ...it would not then be considered a competitor to the Cadillac.....or the Lincoln.

The Acura and the Kia will indeed sell in higher numbers, but lower price products usually do.
    Last edited by megeebee; 04-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

16. The Following User Says Thank You to megeebee For This Useful Post:

SKH (04-07-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    When I saw the car at at market research clinic it was fully competitive as far as equipment and power goes with the assembled competitors, and the price actually undercut the Volvo and Audi. So why that wouldn’t be true now that it’s made it to production? The version I was shown was probably Premium Luxury, and it seemed to be better value than an equivalent XT5. Iirc it was listed as $58,500.

Perhaps the facelift on the XT5 will bring with it a realignment of the MSRP, relative to XT6. I could see the price difference for comparably equipped XT5 /XT6 coming down to whatever Cadillac decides an extra two seats is worth. It will be surprising if the XT5 MCE doesn’t end up getting the interior changes (wood dash, brushed aluminum speaker grilles etc) that the XT6 has.
    As i kept having a pricing conversation I became convinced that the XT5-L idea might have been a better name.. then I saw the commercial and realized that Cadillac really is trying to take a on a different level of the market. Hence my references back to the "for women as an alternative to the Escalade."

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Boy. When you turn you really TURN.

Then it's not a competitor of the Cadillac. And using your logic, wouldn't it also eat the Lincoln for breakfast?

Well they look more European, certainly.

A matter of opinion. I suppose if one likes Audi's and Land Rovers, they'll like the Lincoln. However, I don't see why a person would buy a Ford-Built copy when for the same money they can buy the real thing.

...then it would not then be considered a competitor to the Cadillac.....or the Lincoln.
    I'm lost on this as well. The MDX straddles two portions of the same segment the same way the Honda Accord does. The XT6 will compete with the MDX the same way the Malibu/Impala or Camry/Avalon compete with the Accord in terms of size

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    The XT6 is a very nice Crossover, from the photos its very premium inside and out. it just needs more engine options like the 3.0 TT V6 and a hybrid powertrain. My other issue applies to all Cadillacs. Its the hard plastics on the lower door panels. This should not exist on Caddies !!

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SAngelo View Post
    The XT6 is a very nice Crossover, from the photos its very premium inside and out. it just needs more engine options like the 3.0 TT V6 and a hybrid powertrain. My other issue applies to all Cadillacs. Its the hard plastics on the lower door panels. This should not exist on Caddies !!
    Didn't you call me a liar and biased when I reviewed the CT6 a few years back and brought it up? :p
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast