The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise) - Page 10

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,476 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Your first statement.. What does that have to do with anything pertaining to xy and z being wrong denouncing the price based on erroneous info? If anything this go round I've seen U insult and belittle more people than I ever did back in the day. I've seen U drunk post, call people idiots, call them asses, and act as if your word was gospel on how to run a multi billion dollar company or even put butts in seats. Because U don't like the price of the Blazer.. Because U don't like the interior of the Silverado .. Because U don't like styling of the CT5.. Because U don't like the demographic of the XT6.. Everyone else is an imbecile. FOH. Post your resume on all your experience running a sales oriented billion.. no million.. No 100 thousand dollar company and perhaps I'll fall in line. I've done the latter two for over 18 years and I actually see the logic on what they are doing even if on some I don't agree (Silverado interior). Basically I've just widdled it down to the fact that U're just mean and have a nasty disposition in almost everything GM. Don't know what happened to U, because I remember U actually being a decent poster back then. Regardless.. I thought I was on your ignore list. Guess U keep taking me off because U see my commentary as challenging or at the very least interesting
    Nah, none of that.

Again, I love GM and want GM to put out the most competitive products they can and the last few releases they haven't.

My God man, I post Ive had a few drinks and suddenly I'm a drunk poster. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. Didn't realize in America its illegal to partake in its amazing whiskey.

I like the CT5 styling. I don't like the Cpillar. More words in my mouth.

I hate the interior of the Silverado as do approximately 20% less people on the market too.

XT6 demographic is perfectly fine. They'll settle for the XT6 and not get the Escalade. Perfect product planning there.

Blazer price is insane. It's been noted in EVERY SINGLE REVIEW. I actually like the product just not the price.

And yea, people have been assholes to those who dare post a different opinion about GM. You can love GM but not what they're doing now. It's like any fan of any team. At least the Astros had a plan when they were losing 100+ games a season, GM doesn't aside from bleeding every penny from their remaining customers for new inferior products to enrich those who want a hostile takeover of a once rich company.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Your first statement.. What does that have to do with anything pertaining to xy and z being wrong denouncing the price based on erroneous info? If anything this go round I've seen U insult and belittle more people than I ever did back in the day. I've seen U drunk post, call people idiots, call them asses, and act as if your word was gospel on how to run a multi billion dollar company or even put butts in seats. Because U don't like the price of the Blazer.. Because U don't like the interior of the Silverado .. Because U don't like styling of the CT5.. Because U don't like the demographic of the XT6.. Everyone else is an imbecile. FOH. Post your resume on all your experience running a sales oriented billion.. no million.. No 100 thousand dollar company and perhaps I'll fall in line. I've done the latter two for over 18 years and I actually see the logic on what they are doing even if on some I don't agree (Silverado interior). Basically I've just widdled it down to the fact that U're just mean and have a nasty disposition in almost everything GM. Don't know what happened to U, because I remember U actually being a decent poster back then. Regardless.. I thought I was on your ignore list. Guess U keep taking me off because U see my commentary as challenging or at the very least interesting
    Nah, none of that.

Again, I love GM and want GM to put out the most competitive products they can and the last few releases they haven't.

My God man, I post Ive had a few drinks and suddenly I'm a drunk poster. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. Didn't realize in America its illegal to partake in its amazing whiskey.

I like the CT5 styling. I don't like the Cpillar. More words in my mouth.

I hate the interior of the Silverado as do approximately 20% less people on the market too. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

XT6 demographic is perfectly fine. They'll settle for the XT6 and not get the Escalade. Perfect product planning there.

Blazer price is insane. It's been noted in EVERY SINGLE REVIEW. I actually like the product just not the price.

And yea, people have been assholes to those who dare post a different opinion about GM. You can love GM but not what they're doing now. It's like any fan of any team. At least the Astros had a plan when they were losing 100+ games a season, GM doesn't aside from bleeding every penny from their remaining customers for new inferior products to enrich those who want a hostile takeover of a once rich company.
    Cool..........

Banned
    Thanks
    Oh.. On the one thing about pricing.. I don't get what it is about incentives that U don't understand and why GM is doing it this way. Creating a percived discount is better than ACTUALLY discounting for the company. Run a company and I will realize that although it is certainly nice to give customers a decent price, there is nothing nice about doing so and being left with no profit after the sale. How many mouths of those GM employees' families is that going to feed? It has been done to death.. The Blazer, for example, is no more expensive than the 4 year old Edge. Why? Because the incentives are baked in it.

I want to sell a Blazer at a profitable $47K (say $4K in profits at that point), which is exactly where my competition is. I know that the American buyer always needs to get a deal.. So I price it at $51K and ultimately ALWAYS find a qualification for that buyer to get $3-4K in incentives.. Almost ALWAYS. I have never seen a buyer come out of a GM dealer and say " they didn't give me any offers".. Never. Before GM was doing it and losing money because they wanted to make $47K, advertised $47K and sold it after incentives at $43K.. Losing $4K and eating into any of the profit margin.

Buy hold up! Did U walk into the Chevy dealer, see your Camaro at $30K and without any negotiation.. Pay $30K? If so.. I understand why U are bitter. Me? I walked into the Cadillac dealer, saw a price of $103K.. Negotiated down to $91K even after my uncle's GM Employee Discount knocked it down to $96K. Took me walking out.. Being called as I was 3 miles away... Coming back.. Telling them I still wasn't sure.. calling my fake wife.. Pretending to be weak punk dude and asking her fake permission.. telling them I had tuition coming up for a college student in an Ivy League... Just to get another $4K off of a $103K car.. Snooty Pride out the window. That day I cried poor. Told em I was going to have to pack Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for the next year.. They gave.. I wrote a check. My dad.. RIP.. Shook his head and smiled.. I drove off. Free and clear. And GM still made mad profit I'm sure. Finance Manager and Sales manager for the dealership met me for happy hour with me 3 weeks ago. Hudson Baby Bourbons Neat.. One small ice cube on them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,476 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Re: The 2020 Cadillac XT6 Will Cost Almost $75,000 Fully Loaded (Without Super Cruise

Hudson Baby Bourbon is a crime. Haha.

Seriously, we might have different opinions on things with GM but we both like GM.

As far as pricing, in the day and age of the internet, if you have two vehicles that are close in capability then you look at the MSRP of it and gather that one is more expensive than the other. Cutting in huge rebates actually screws customers in states that pay tax because they pay it on the the MSRP and not the paid price. That's what's driving customers away from GM. They cant even get them in the showroom because everything has the incentives built in. Sears, JCP, etc etc etc had that model as well

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Hudson Baby Bourbon is a crime. Haha.

Seriously, we might have different opinions on things with GM but we both like GM.

As far as pricing, in the day and age of the internet, if you have two vehicles that are close in capability then you look at the MSRP of it and gather that one is more expensive than the other. Cutting in huge rebates actually screws customers in states that pay tax because they pay it on the the MSRP and not the paid price. That's what's driving customers away from GM. They cant even get them in the showroom because everything has the incentives built in. Sears, JCP, etc etc etc had that model as well
    Love Hudson BB. What's your poison? I like em all I think. Check out my IG #miatsoci. Either way.. Almost all retail organizations use that model. Hell even Benz uses that model. I don't know anyone that pays msrp for a Benz. I don't. If U know anyone that does then they simply were to prideful to ask about a deal. Seriously. Sat in a joint Friday in DC on 14th street. Looked out the window and saw two guys taking pics of a S550 behind my Yukon. Went outside to see if he hit me or thought I backed into him.. He said no.. The Benz dealer was taking pics outside of bar/restaurant he owned (the one I was in) for an appraisal. I told him I thought only Caddy and BMW did on site appraisals and sales. He said no.. The 560 he was considering buying was brought up and sitting across the street because he couldn't leave the joint and they wanted to sell it. Tells me he negotiated before appraisal a $20K price drop from $127K on a '19. I said to him.. People need to realize what U did.. Never to well off to be smart with money..

Anyway.. More charity to me and my GF. He bought us our meal and we had a drink of my fav.. Knob Creek on him. GF passed on that lol.. She just had some weak ass martini lol
    Last edited by DaBangBang; 03-31-2019 at 12:19 PM.

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,717 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

So do we know how much an XT6 fully loaded will sticker for, or is it still conjecture? If it is closer to $70K, then that sounds very competitive IMO.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

I answered this a few posts back. Its around $68k unless you add a 2 rear DVD and every single minor accessory.

Thanks

the standard XT6 is overpriced for what you get relative to other lux 7 seaters? Not so sure about that. Not one European 3 row CUV is as well equipped and none have 300hp standard.

Thanks

WTF did you expect in terms of this vehicle? An all new platform? The Acadia is less than 3 years old. You act like the XT6 is built off some dated POS platform. The Acadia is a decent vehicle let down by its interior- the XT6 keeps the good parts and adds a better interior and more features. What did you think you were getting- a 3 row Cayenne?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to syakov For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (04-03-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,675 Times in 3,240 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by syakov View Post
    WTF did you expect in terms of this vehicle? An all new platform? The Acadia is less than 3 years old. You act like the XT6 is built off some dated POS platform. The Acadia is a decent vehicle let down by its interior- the XT6 keeps the good parts and adds a better interior and more features. What did you think you were getting- a 3 row Cayenne?
    XT6 is wider track than its platform mates, packs new Chassis tuning technology and a new adaptable Suspension technology (Not MRC) according to lead engineer, its drives like a proper Cadillac. Based on Blazer reviews, if this drives better.. its going to be great..

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 716 Posts

The gripe is that "we waited 3 years for this". What "something special" does this offer over its platform mates? It reeks of a stopgap product ala XTS & to be totally honest, i wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted a generation in its current guise w/ the next gen moving to whatever they're calling the next LWB Alpha w/ the XT7 going on Omega.

Also, WTH is up w/ Caddy not having an official configurator online? If i had to guess it's that they're going to restructure pricing. I did notice that the base Aviator is now down to $51K so Lincoln and Caddy might be trying to price each other down.

Also, dude chill out, why so angry...do yourself a favor and turn off fox news while you're posting.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,675 Times in 3,240 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    The gripe is that "we waited 3 years for this". What "something special" does this offer over its platform mates? It reeks of a stopgap product ala XTS & to be totally honest, i wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted a generation in its current guise w/ the next gen moving to whatever they're calling the next LWB Alpha w/ the XT7 going on Omega.

Also, WTH is up w/ Caddy not having an official configurator online? If i had to guess it's that they're going to restructure pricing. I did notice that the base Aviator is now down to $51K so Lincoln and Caddy might be trying to price each other down.

Also, dude chill out, why so angry...do yourself a favor and turn off fox news while you're posting.
    You were waiting? I was not.

Thanks

I wish GM could deliver something as yummy as a Cayenne 3 row'er.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Right.. Who the hell was waiting.. for a CUV? LMFAO.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Right.. Who the hell was waiting.. for a CUV? LMFAO.
    Cheezwiz...you two must be related to my wife, this is exactly how she carries conversation by only listening to 2-3 words out of a paragraph. No one was really waiting for the XT6...the point I'm making which you're pretty sure to have gotten because neither of you are dumb is that the XT6 offers ZERO in new tech for the 2020 MY that could've been introduced w/ the rest of the C1XXs back in '17-'18. Truth be told, we should already be on the second gen XT6 from the original Lambda platform.

Going back to the pricing gripe...DaBB, I actually get what you're saying w/ building in pricing for rebates, but all that does, in my opinion, is funnel sales into promotional events and screw over people who buy outside said promotional events. So like you said that while almost always ensure some profitability it will kinda also alienate early adopters and non promotional buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    So do we know how much an XT6 fully loaded will sticker for, or is it still conjecture? If it is closer to $70K, then that sounds very competitive IMO.
    Its purely conjecture at this point since they haven't released any official pricing
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 04-03-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (04-04-2019)

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information