GM Inside News Forum banner

2020 Cadillac XT6 AWD Review: Cushiness First, Excellence Second

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  sdotjeezy 
#1 ·
Clothes tell a lot about a person, especially when it comes to one's tastes for the finer things in life. I admit to enjoying designer wear, but the garments must be comfortable and stylish. What does this have to do with a luxury SUV like the 2020 Cadillac XT6? Simple: familiarity, style, and value for money.

You look for something recognizable, something that you can easily get accustomed to. Like clothing, a vehicle must feel right and should fit your needs accordingly. And you need to feel that, if you paid more for a luxury badge than you would have for a mass-market brand, you still got a good deal.

The big, family-friendly Caddy's demeanor is just what you expect out of it: cushy, imposing, and isolated. However, is its execution of traditional luxury car values strong enough for you to put one in your driveway?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/cadillac/xt6/2020/2020-cadillac-xt6-review/

#5 ·
I've been making an effort to pay close attention to them, and the XT4 and XT5 on the road. The XT4 and XT5 are distinctive in their lighting, and are easy to pick out in a sea of CUV's. The XT6 not at all. I have to really look for it. Sometimes I think I see one, and it isn't. It just blends in, and that doesn't seem right for a Cadillac. Now the Escalade is carrying over that same conservative front clip, and I will have to see if it translates on a bigger SUV, but miss the brash in your face Cadillac.

I realize that is my opinion, and I may be wrong. :)

#9 ·
The final sentence of the article can be said for every single Cadillac this century!

"Driven in isolation, the XT6 is adequate. But when compared with the similarly priced class leaders, it trails by a significant margin. It's like paying Nordstrom prices for Target clothing."

Nothing has changed at Cadillac. And time has essentially run out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.