2020 Cadillac Line Up

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

  1. #1
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    2020 Cadillac Line Up

    This ad gives a look at the complete 2021 Cadillac lineup. This includes the Cadillac CT4, Cadillac CT5, Cadillac XT4, Cadillac XT5, Cadillac XT6, and Cadillac Escalade and 2021 Escalade.

    The CT6 is missing which is a HUGE mistake on the part of Cadillac


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (05-15-2020),ClassyEldo (05-16-2020)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,880
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 9,126 Times in 4,463 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Sharp and cohesive looking lineup!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    Robert1969 (05-16-2020)

  6. #3
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Sharp and cohesive looking lineup!
    XT4 needs an nip and Tuck, especially underbody. One can see stuff hanging under there, like tail pipes, etc, Very Un- Cadillac, its like a woman walking and hairy man parts showing hanging for the public to see, ungainly .. you are like dang!! I thought that was a woman? No??

    Other than that, Nice line up. The XT6 actually looks very tidy in person. Very well executed vehicle.

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,550
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 919 Times in 507 Posts
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Ah, 2 Escalades, I was wondering what I was missing.

    Yeah the CT6 is a shame. Low sales but such a great "flagship" for their cars both in styling and total package. The cynic in me thinks Cadillac planned to keep it around longer as a Chinese import, but realized that carries too much political baggage for a low volume vehicle. And in hindsight, it would be exponentially worse now since COVID.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

    Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHRATA01 For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (05-15-2020),wallus13 (05-15-2020)

  10. #5
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,736
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,203 Posts

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    Ah, 2 Escalades, I was wondering what I was missing.

    Yeah the CT6 is a shame. Low sales but such a great "flagship" for their cars both in styling and total package. The cynic in me thinks Cadillac planned to keep it around longer as a Chinese import, but realized that carries too much political baggage for a low volume vehicle. And in hindsight, it would be exponentially worse now since COVID.
    Good news is that they definitely nailed the negative Chinese stigma part...Importing over the CT6 from China in the near future would've been a disaster. I just wished they would've found another way to handle Omega, CT6, LaCrosse and Impala. These should've continued on at D'ham while EV assembly operations moved to Lordstown or something. D'ham should've been putting out RWD Impalas, Chevelles, Avenirs, and CT6s while Lordstown reconfigured to pump out near term low volume EVs. This EV focus might come back to bite GM in the arse.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  11. #6
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    Ah, 2 Escalades, I was wondering what I was missing.

    Yeah the CT6 is a shame. Low sales but such a great "flagship" for their cars both in styling and total package. The cynic in me thinks Cadillac planned to keep it around longer as a Chinese import, but realized that carries too much political baggage for a low volume vehicle. And in hindsight, it would be exponentially worse now since COVID.
    You are totally correct. Reuss did say he was looking for a US plant to keep it alive. My thinking was the Kansas Malibu plant would get it, too bad mother probably overruled him.

  12. #7
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,880
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 9,126 Times in 4,463 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    XT4 needs an nip and Tuck, especially underbody. One can see stuff hanging under there, like tail pipes, etc, Very Un- Cadillac, its like a woman walking and hairy man parts showing hanging for the public to see, ungainly .. you are like dang!! I thought that was a woman? No??

    Other than that, Nice line up. The XT6 actually looks very tidy in person. Very well executed vehicle.
    True, shouldn't see "stuff" hanging out, but if that's the worst, I'm fine with that!

  13. #8
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    True, shouldn't see "stuff" hanging out, but if that's the worst, I'm fine with that!
    When I see, stuff hanging under the vehicle, it signals engineering carelessness...

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (05-15-2020)

  15. #9
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,880
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 9,126 Times in 4,463 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    Ah, 2 Escalades, I was wondering what I was missing.

    Yeah the CT6 is a shame. Low sales but such a great "flagship" for their cars both in styling and total package. The cynic in me thinks Cadillac planned to keep it around longer as a Chinese import, but realized that carries too much political baggage for a low volume vehicle. And in hindsight, it would be exponentially worse now since COVID.
    CT6 definitely is a shame, but from what we've seen of the upcoming electrics, I think GM will make up for their Omega platform transgressions.

    Chinese cars are really a no-go now, I saw a pole regarding views of China, I don't recall the %'s, but a large majority of American's have unfavorable views of China. I bet Volvo is hoping Trump doesn't bring up their Chinese ownership.

  16. #10
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar gkr778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southaven, Mississippi USA
    Posts
    2,914
    Thanks
    3,730
    Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,442 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I don't recall the %'s, but a large majority of American's have unfavorable views of China.
    Do you know if a similar situation holds for how people in mainland China view the United States? China is by far the largest market for Cadillac; if luxury car customers in China espouse an increasingly negative view of the United States, that may not bode well for the brand.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

  17. #11
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    CT6 definitely is a shame, but from what we've seen of the upcoming electrics, I think GM will make up for their Omega platform transgressions.

    Chinese cars are really a no-go now, I saw a pole regarding views of China, I don't recall the %'s, but a large majority of American's have unfavorable views of China. I bet Volvo is hoping Trump doesn't bring up their Chinese ownership.
    He should, Ford should have never sold them to the Chinese. They should have gone to Tata

  18. #12
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    14,880
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 9,126 Times in 4,463 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    Do you know if a similar situation holds for how people in mainland China view the United States? China is by far the largest market for Cadillac; if luxury car customers in China espouse an increasingly negative view of the United States, that may not bode well for the brand.
    Good thought, no, I have not seen any such statistics. Even if I did, they'd be Chinese sourced statistics and I'd question their credibility. I'd be interested to see. Though I do remember some intense hatred of the Japanese, but the Japanese car sales in China are now doing well (if I remember correctly), in other words it seems like the Chinese consumer might have just as short of a memory as the American consumer.

  19. #13
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 dannyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Empire State, USA
    Posts
    1,819
    Thanks
    1,462
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 619 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    ...

    The CT6 is missing which is a HUGE mistake on the part of Cadillac

    It is pretty amazing you can buy a large sedan from Volvo...Genesis...of course Benz/BMW/Audi...but NOT Cadillac! But as a sedan/hatch guy I’m just happy to have the CT4/CT5.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

  20. #14
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    30,378
    Thanks
    5,248
    Thanked 7,472 Times in 3,611 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    It is pretty amazing you can buy a large sedan from Volvo...Genesis...of course Benz/BMW/Audi...but NOT Cadillac! But as a sedan/hatch guy I’m just happy to have the CT4/CT5.
    The only large Sedan that probably makes any money is the S Class.

  21. #15
    09W
    09W is online now
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 09W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 516 Times in 287 Posts

    Re: 2020 Cadillac Line Up

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    When I see, stuff hanging under the vehicle, it signals engineering carelessness...
    That (was) toyoter, and for like 15+ years. You could shoot a tennis ball between the floor and the exhaust system from a car length away.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to 09W For This Useful Post:

    mbukukanyau (05-15-2020)

  23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2