GM Inside News Forum banner

2020 Cadillac Line Up

6K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Engelman 
#1 ·

This ad gives a look at the complete 2021 Cadillac lineup. This includes the Cadillac CT4, Cadillac CT5, Cadillac XT4, Cadillac XT5, Cadillac XT6, and Cadillac Escalade and 2021 Escalade.

The CT6 is missing which is a HUGE mistake on the part of Cadillac

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
XT4 needs an nip and Tuck, especially underbody. One can see stuff hanging under there, like tail pipes, etc, Very Un- Cadillac, its like a woman walking and hairy man parts showing hanging for the public to see, ungainly .. you are like dang!! I thought that was a woman? No??

Other than that, Nice line up. The XT6 actually looks very tidy in person. Very well executed vehicle.

#4 ·
Ah, 2 Escalades, I was wondering what I was missing.

Yeah the CT6 is a shame. Low sales but such a great "flagship" for their cars both in styling and total package. The cynic in me thinks Cadillac planned to keep it around longer as a Chinese import, but realized that carries too much political baggage for a low volume vehicle. And in hindsight, it would be exponentially worse now since COVID.

#5 ·
Good news is that they definitely nailed the negative Chinese stigma part...Importing over the CT6 from China in the near future would've been a disaster. I just wished they would've found another way to handle Omega, CT6, LaCrosse and Impala. These should've continued on at D'ham while EV assembly operations moved to Lordstown or something. D'ham should've been putting out RWD Impalas, Chevelles, Avenirs, and CT6s while Lordstown reconfigured to pump out near term low volume EVs. This EV focus might come back to bite GM in the arse.

#13 ·

The CT6 is missing which is a HUGE mistake on the part of Cadillac

It is pretty amazing you can buy a large sedan from Volvo...Genesis...of course Benz/BMW/Audi...but NOT Cadillac! But as a sedan/hatch guy I’m just happy to have the CT4/CT5.

#28 ·
It’s an amazingly gorgeous car. Its design manages the difficult double threat of posing a stately gravitas while cutting nasty youthful athleticism. The interior is very nice, but I do wish it matched the exterior’s design dynamism.

#26 ·
BlackGTP, I agree. The XTS should not have been re-freshed--it was a "stop-gap" vehicle and then the CT6 should have replaced it as the large sedan for Cadillac. The money spent refreshing the XTS could have been combined with the CT6 refresh to make it more significant and including really enhancing the materials and luxury aspects of the CT6 interior.
With discontinuation of the CT6, the poor management of the Cadillac brand continues, in my opinion.

#32 ·
There was no American future in large expensive sedans, but the XTS/CTS mix certainly didn't help the CT6. GM just couldn't hep themselves, they had a plant to keep running and a market share to maintain, so they just kept it all because it was the easy thing to do. Unfortunately, the correction to that mess also took the CT6 from the US. This is what happens when you don't sharpen your business before you invest in products, you end up losing it all. Electrification may resurrect some of these form factors however, so stay tuned.

#33 ·
Things may have been different if the Alpha platform had been developed to cover a broader product envelope
that included compact and large utilities as well as cars. That spiteful resistance to including utilities with
Cadillacs RWD cars would end up severely hurting it's viability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.