2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2001 Trans Am Black

Re: 2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    Throw a supercharger on the 6.2. Then there will be even less than no complaining.
    If they must make a new engine, make an 8.1 and 8.1 Supercharged.
    8.1? You want to drag out an old BBC design replete with an iron block?

8.1 was a useless motor really, which was why the 6.0 supplanted it, and the 6.2/L92 outclasses it. Terrible gas mileage particularly when towing, didn't make much power for its size, unique enough from both the traditional BBC and LSx to have almost no aftermarket support, and weighed a ton. If you needed the towing capability you bought the excellent duramax. Other than displacement bragging rights, there wasn't an ideal purpose for it. And an LS/LT block as is won't support 496 cubes without going with Darton MID sleeves and a tall deck, which is rather impractical for mass production.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am
    2016 Chevy SS Sedan
    2017 Chevy Traverse
    2019 Chevy Colorado

Past:
    2016 Chevy Traverse
    2012 Buick Regal GS
    2010 Chevy Traverse
    2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
    2003 Chevy Blazer M5
    1989 Pontiac Firebird

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 749 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    XT6. I think JDN needs more time. Bringing new product lines to market takes time, and the ATS/CTS replacements probably took a major rethink in how to approach these segments, what with the shift away from sedans toward CUV/SUV's. They need to offer something in those segments but what? BMW, Mercedes still shift lots of sedans, but have had decades to build demand and continued support for those products.

XT6 is nothing eart shattering but is very handsome and not over-styled. It will fit nicely with the XT5 which is imo the best looking CUV in that segment. Especially in Premium or Platinum guise on 20" rims. Without giving away details think Volvo XC90 with Cadillac detailing. Not exactly the same but that is the closest vehicle to the XT6 on the market. Actually if the Mazda CX-9 and Volvo XC90 had a baby it would be very close. I will say it's at least as good looking as the Volvo (which I rate highly) and would argue that the XT6 actually tops it in the looks dept and also the interior. It's subjective, so if someone told me they disagree they wouldn't be wrong. They are very evenly matched in that respect.

The Volvo and Cadillac are similar enough that it looks like they were designed in the same studio and the designers were told here's the basic platform, you design the Cadillac and you design the Volvo. I think the Volvo has more space between the leading edge of the front door and the rear of the front wheel well opening. The new Big Volvo sedan almost looks RWD in that area. I think the Cadillac is close to the WB of the Volvo but an inch or too less. If XT6 is on the XT5 112.5" WB I will be DISAPPOINTED!!

I have a theory that based on what I've seen on these two cars (XT6/ESCALADE) that the ESCALA grille might end up being Cadillac's base grille, and not that of the range toppers. I only saw one grille on the XT6, but my reasoning is that the ESCALA grille is uncomfortably close (at least in texture) to a couple of KIA's so I'm speculating that Cadillac have rethought that aspect of the design.
    That's only a theory, and it's still possible that it could turn out to be the Tgrille of the upper end of the Cadillac range hierarchy.

I'm curious as to whether we have any members that have seen the XT4, CT5/CT4? XT4 is less than a year away so it must have been shown to some people by now.
    Thanks for posting. Look forward to seeing the XT6. So far I am loving my XT5, superb vehicle and I get a ton of compliments on it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (09-14-2017)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 1,816 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Thanks for posting. Look forward to seeing the XT6. So far I am loving my XT5, superb vehicle and I get a ton of compliments on it.
    A woman at work just bought a premium XT5 to replace her SRX. I actually prefer the wheels a grille of the premium over the Platinum. Her one is dark Blue with Cashmere(?) interior. Very sharp looking vehicle.
    Last edited by SKH; 09-14-2017 at 10:36 AM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Basically the woman at work has this XT5.

BTW. How the Eff does Cadillac still not have a TTV6 V-Sport version with 400HP available?
    Last edited by SKH; 09-14-2017 at 10:06 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

SP1966 (09-14-2017)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,709 Times in 4,657 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

IRS?? And it's only 2020?? Caddy is certainly on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Soooo, lemme see......

No one is complaining about the 6.2L in the Escalade, but the 2020 model will be the "first" Cadillac to get a "4.0L DOHC V8". Boy, that 4 liter better be one torquey mother. I call BS.
    Yeah, de-torquing the perceived torque is not a good idea for a 6000 lb. tank. Let's hope they got that part figured out, and the Whiz Kids don't overrule because of what things look like on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    Throw a supercharger on the 6.2. Then there will be even less than no complaining.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    IRS?? And it's only 2020?? Caddy is certainly on a roll.

Yeah, de-torquing the perceived torque is not a good idea for a 6000 lb. tank. Let's hope they got that part figured out, and the Whiz Kids don't overrule because of what things look like on paper.

I don't think the 4.0L V8 is going to be featured in the 2020 Escalade, at least not initially. The 2020 Escalade certainly won't be lacking in torque in the top versions, that much I can tell you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (09-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 615 Posts

BTW. How the Eff does Cadillac still not have a TTV6 V-Sport version with 400HP available?
    Probably same as CT6 doesn't have V-sport version..or an v8..maybe later down the road..in 2-5 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 615 Posts

I don't think the 4.0L V8 is going to be featured in the 2020 Escalade, at least not initially. The 2020 Escalade certainly won't be lacking in torque in the top versions, that much I can tell you.
    Even if it does come (4.0 l or 4.2 l) it certainly won't be without forced induction..so i doubt there won't be enough torque... even for the Escalade.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    Even if it does come (4.0 l or 4.2 l) it certainly won't be without forced induction..so i doubt there won't be enough torque... even for the Escalade.
    It wasn't one of the listed engines. For those that want power though, it'll have it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 749 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

A V-series XT5 would be sweet.

I wanted the blue (best color) but they had none in stock and I didn't want to wait. Those are nice rims though!

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    A V-series XT5 would be sweet.

I wanted the blue (best color) but they had none in stock and I didn't want to wait. Those are nice rims though!
    I don't think they'll do a V-Series XT5, but a V-Sport seems likely.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,331 Posts

FWD and RWD have different transmission bolt patterns. To date, GMNA only has one TTV6 developed for FWD, the 3.6L LF3. However, GM has recently began introducing a new generation of the HFV6's, and so far, only the 3.0L LGW has been produced in RWD applications.

In short, they literally don't have any to offer.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    FWD and RWD have different transmission bolt patterns. To date, GMNA only has one TTV6 developed for FWD, the 3.6L LF3. However, GM has recently began introducing a new generation of the HFV6's, and so far, only the 3.0L LGW has been produced in RWD applications.

It's supposed to get a Vsport, but with lowball ass power at like 350 or some horse****. That way you can have the privilege of buying a 350hp Chevy Blazer with a Cadillac badge and buttons straight off your LG microwave for probably close to $80,000 in Vsport Platinum trim.

weeeeeeeeeeee

They'd be better off getting it out of a 4. Come to think of it, I don't know if it's actually getting a TTV6 for that output so I GUESS it could be a 4. With XT4 coming and supposedly bringing a new 4 with it, I guess it's possible that the delay in "XT5 Vsport" release could be because its powertrain is linked to XT4 development.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

jpd80 (09-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    It's supposed to get a Vsport, but with lowball ass power at like 350 or some horse****. That way you can have the privilege of buying a 350hp Chevy Blazer with a Cadillac badge and buttons straight off your LG microwave for probably close to $80,000 in Vsport Platinum trim.

weeeeeeeeeeee

They'd be better off getting it out of a 4. Come to think of it, I don't know if it's actually getting a TTV6 for that output so I GUESS it could be a 4. With XT4 coming and supposedly bringing a new 4 with it, I guess it's possible that the delay in "XT5 Vsport" release could be because its powertrain is linked to XT4 development.
    I think you are wound up way too tight lately.
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 09-14-2017 at 09:28 PM.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post

I've no doubt that a high output version of the HFV6 engine for FWD applications will show up at some point. The XT5 is basically a hit as far as Cadillac goes, and a range topping 400hp TTV6 V-Sport variant would certainly draw a lot of people to Cadillac's showrooms that otherwise might be heading to an Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Lexus showroom.

My nephew called me today and said "Hey how come you never told me to go and look at the CTS V-Series?" Today he saw his first one, and is having someone run the numbers on it. He was gushing about it, saying how BAD A$$ & EVIL it looks.
    He's just turned his S Class in on a GLS, and when his ML is ready to turn back in he's pretty sure this will be his next car. The point being, is that he probably wouldn't consider the regular CTS ( his mother in law, just traded hers in for an ESCALADE) but he's smitten by the fire breathing version. This is why Cadillac needs V-Sport or V-Series version of every car they make, or will make, in the future.
    I believe a V-Sport variant of the XT5 would serve to increase sales of the more prosaic versions. You should be able to walk into a Cadillac showroom and visit an area with high tech aluminum racks replete with flat screens showing footage of Cadillac's racing efforts and the engineers/designers explaining how they create the V-Sport and V-Series models. These racks would also display factory approved or designed performance/Appearance accessories so that you can personalize your ATS/CTS/CT4/CT5 to your heart's content.

In short Cadillac needs to do a better job of letting the general public know that Cadillac is not about vinyl roof/white wall tires/gold package anymore. They need to place more of the BAD A$$ Cadillacs in movies/TV & up scale shopping/Dining areas. The ESCALADE is already there. I believe most people that see it know exactly what its mission statement is: A distinctive, desirable and expensive piece of American excellence. It's about intimidation not imitation. The top 2020 version will definitely scare small children and animals, old people and get the attention of some executives in Munich/Stuttgart/Ingolstadt and Solihull!

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information