2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect

Thanks

Re: 2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect

Quote Originally Posted by CJH View Post
    If they fix the 3rd row and the column shifter, that's a big improvement in my book. I'd prefer air suspension over MRC, but I am doubtful that they would actually make the switch.

Plus fix the vibration issue if they haven't already.
    A column shifter? Man you just have to wait and see its interior

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalanche View Post
    I love these "what to expect" articles. As if they have some kind of inside knowledge...More like what THEY expect! Also, I hate it when they take a current vehicle and try and mess with it to make it look like a future model. I'm sure the next 'Slade will look NOTHING like that!
    The new Escalade will look something like that, yes. It's not wildly different from the current one.

I don't think it's going to be a direct transplant of the Escala interior, but apparently you'll see Escala. Similar screens for the driver, but shifter from XT5/LaX.

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 1,816 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by johnstarnes View Post
    I hate those horizontal headlights!
    The picture is not accurate at all. If you like the current Escalade then you'll like the new version.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (09-08-2017),johnstarnes (09-08-2017),sfbreh (09-08-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV: What to Expect
    Automobilemag
    September 6, 2017
    By: Automobile Staff
    Illustrated by: Radovan Varicak

Does this rendering have the Wreath and Crest badge?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

rockyspaw (09-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,771 Times in 5,646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    The picture is not accurate at all. If you like the current Escalade then you'll like the new version.
    How different?

Does this rendering have the Wreath and Crest badge?
    Yes.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    How different?

Yes.
    Without violating the NDA that I signed it's an evolution of the current look in the same way as the new Audi A4 looks like the old car until you put them side by side. The biggest change is to the front followed by the rear (of course lol) and the flanks are the least changed. The front and rear are instantly recognizable as an ESCALADE But these are the most changed aspects of the vehicle. I'm led to believe it's all new but if it turned out to be an extensive and very thorough MCE, I wouldn't be shocked. The dash definitely has that WOW factor and makes an S Class dash look clunky and ham fisted in its design/execution. Any more than that I'm not allowed to say, but it will definitely keep selling at least as many as they sell now, and in all likelihood sales will increase.

The ESCALADE is iconic now, and is imho approaching the likes of the Range Rover And Mercedes G-Wagen for cachet. If they can add some more cutting edge technology to the mechanicals, like hybrid drivetrain, air suspension and IRS (give it more finesse, but keep some of the brutishness) it'll be a worthy and credible alternative to the European offerings.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (09-09-2017),BlackGTP (09-10-2017),bronx13 (09-09-2017),emh (09-09-2017),JimmyDiablo (09-08-2017),johnstarnes (09-10-2017),richmond2000 (09-09-2017),rodd62 (09-15-2017),Rumpole (09-14-2017),SP1966 (09-09-2017)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

One thing I will reveal, is that the headlights on the new ESCALADE and the XT6, are slim but are nothing like the slit like headlights of that rendering or even the Escala.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (09-09-2017),BlackGTP (09-10-2017),bronx13 (09-09-2017),johnstarnes (09-10-2017),richmond2000 (09-09-2017)

emh
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 631 Posts

Without violating the NDA that I signed it's an evolution of the current look in the same way as the new Audi A4 looks like the old car until you put them side by side. The biggest change is to the front followed by the rear (of course lol) and the flanks are the least changed. The front and rear are instantly recognizable as an ESCALADE But these are the most changed aspects of the vehicle. I'm led to believe it's all new but if it turned out to be an extensive and very thorough MCE, I wouldn't be shocked. The dash definitely has that WOW factor and makes an S Class dash look clunky and ham fisted in its design/execution. Any more than that I'm not allowed to say, but it will definitely keep selling at least as many as they sell now, and in all likelihood sales will increase.
    Thanks for the preview. The part in bold is particularly welcome as that's been a longstanding weakness for Cadillac.

The ESCALADE is iconic now, and is imho approaching the likes of the Range Rover And Mercedes G-Wagen for cachet. If they can add some more cutting edge technology to the mechanicals, like hybrid drivetrain, air suspension and IRS (give it more finesse, but keep some of the brutishness) it'll be a worthy and credible alternative to the European offerings.
    And don't forget Super Cruise. If early reviews are any indication, Cadillac may have a leg up on the European brands in one of the hottest technologies of the moment.
    "The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion" -- John Lawton

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 2,415 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalanche View Post
    I love these "what to expect" articles. As if they have some kind of inside knowledge...More like what THEY expect! Also, I hate it when they take a current vehicle and try and mess with it to make it look like a future model. I'm sure the next 'Slade will look NOTHING like that!
    I agree and think we will be getting more of the same only better and with Escala design cues, This is their cash cow and they probably aren't going to get radical or risky with it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (09-10-2017)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I agree and think we will be getting more of the same only better and with Escala design cues, This is their cash cow and they probably aren't going to get radical or risky with it.
    In a nutshell that is accurate, except there are four different front ends and not just an Escala themed one.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-10-2017),johnstarnes (09-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 4,549 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Have you seen other future Cadillacs? Assuming yes, what is your opinion of JDN based on what you are seeing?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-10-2017),johnstarnes (09-10-2017)

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 2,415 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

In a nutshell that is accurate, except there are four different front ends and not just an Escala themed one.
    Yes and this one featured in the rendering in this thread to me has way to much surface area (the black fascia) without grille, lighting, etc. that would be subject to rock and debris chips or pitting thus marring the surface of your beautiful new Cadillac. Maybe it's just me but I find that sort of unacceptable in ways.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Have you seen other future Cadillacs? Assuming yes, what is your opinion of JDN based on what you are seeing?
    XT6. I think JDN needs more time. Bringing new product lines to market takes time, and the ATS/CTS replacements probably took a major rethink in how to approach these segments, what with the shift away from sedans toward CUV/SUV's. They need to offer something in those segments but what? BMW, Mercedes still shift lots of sedans, but have had decades to build demand and continued support for those products.

XT6 is nothing earth shattering but is very handsome and not over-styled. It will fit nicely with the XT5 which is imo the best looking CUV in that segment. Especially in Premium or Platinum guise on 20" rims. Without giving away details think Volvo XC90 with Cadillac detailing. Not exactly the same but that is the closest vehicle to the XT6 on the market. Actually if the Mazda CX-9 and Volvo XC90 had a baby it would be very close. I will say it's at least as good looking as the Volvo (which I rate highly) and would argue that the XT6 actually tops it in the looks dept and also the interior. It's subjective, so if someone told me they disagree they wouldn't be wrong. They are very evenly matched in that respect.

The Volvo and Cadillac are similar enough that it looks like they were designed in the same studio and the designers were told here's the basic platform, you design the Cadillac and you design the Volvo. I think the Volvo has more space between the leading edge of the front door and the rear of the front wheel well opening. The new Big Volvo sedan almost looks RWD in that area. I think the Cadillac is close to the WB of the Volvo but an inch or too less. If XT6 is on the XT5 112.5" WB I will be DISAPPOINTED!!

I have a theory that based on what I've seen on these two cars (XT6/ESCALADE) that the ESCALA grille might end up being Cadillac's base grille, and not that of the range toppers. I only saw one grille on the XT6, but my reasoning is that the ESCALA grille is uncomfortably close (at least in texture) to a couple of KIA's so I'm speculating that Cadillac have rethought that aspect of the design.
    That's only a theory, and it's still possible that it could turn out to be the grille of the upper end of the Cadillac range hierarchy.

I'm curious as to whether we have any members that have seen the XT4, CT5/CT4? XT4 is less than a year away so it must have been shown to some people by now.
    Last edited by SKH; 09-14-2017 at 09:47 AM.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (09-10-2017),bronx13 (09-10-2017),Mentat Bashar (09-11-2017),rockyspaw (09-10-2017),Ute (09-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 4,549 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

XT6. I think JDN needs more time. Bringing new product lines to market takes time, and the ATS/CTS replacements probably took a major rethink in how to approach these segments, what with the shift away from sedans toward CUV/SUV's. They need to offer something in those segments but what? BMW, Mercedes still shift lots of sedans, but have had decades to build demand and continued support for those products.

XT6 is nothing eart shattering but is very handsome and not over-styled. It will fit nicely with the XT5 which is imo the best looking CUV in that segment. Especially in Premium or Platinum guise on 20" rims. Without giving away details think Volvo XC90 with Cadillac detailing. Not exactly the same but that is the closest vehicle to the XT6 on the market. Actually if the Mazda CX-9 and Volvo XC90 had a baby it would be very close. I will say it's at least as good looking as the Volvo (which I rate highly) and would argue that the XT6 actually tops it in the looks dept and also the interior. It's subjective, so if someone told me they disagree they wouldn't be wrong. They are very evenly matched in that respect.

The Volvo and Cadillac are similar enough that it looks like they were designed in the same studio and the designers were told here's the basic platform, you design the Cadillac and you design the Volvo. I think the Volvo has more space between the leading edge of the front door and the rear of the front wheel well opening. The new Big Volvo sedan almost looks RWD in that area. I think the Cadillac is close to the WB of the Volvo but an inch or too less. If XT6 is on the XT5 112.5" WB I will be DISAPPOINTED!!

I have a theory that based on what I've seen on these two cars (XT6/ESCALADE) that the ESCALA grille might end up being Cadillac's base grille, and not that of the range toppers. I only saw one grille on the XT6, but my reasoning is that the ESCALA grille is uncomfortably close (at least in texture) to a couple of KIA's so I'm speculating that Cadillac have rethought that aspect of the design.
    That's only a theory, and it's still possible that it could turn out to be the grille of the upper end of the Cadillac range hierarchy.

I'm curious as to whether we have any members that have seen the XT4, CT5/CT4? XT4 is less than a year away so it must have been shown to some people by now.
    Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts!!!!

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts!!!!
    I wish I could share more, but I want to get invited to more research clinics.lol I've seen the XT6 on two separate occasions, the second time it was complete with production head and tail lights. The exterior was fully production ready when I saw it the second time. The interior I've only seen in hi res pictures but I did sit in an unfinished interior so that we could gauge how it would be ( space, visibility etc) relative to the competition.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (09-11-2017),bronx13 (09-11-2017)

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information