2019 Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

2019 Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover

Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover Yet! [video]
    TFLCar.com
    September 12, 2018
    By Michael Curtis

Cadillac jumps into the compact luxury crossover fray

Look out Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti, Lexus, Volvo and Lincoln Ė Cadillac is gunning for your sales. The 2019 Cadillac XT4 wades into an increasingly crowded segment, largely dominated by the Europeans. In this video, TFLís Roman Mica heads out to Seattle, Washington to see what Cadillacís newest and least expensive crossover is all about. Check out the video above for the Top 10 things you need to know!

Powertrain

Perhaps one of the most important things to know about the XT4 is the all new engine. It is a 2.0-liter twin-scroll turbocharged four-cylinder that makes 237 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Power is sent to your choice of just the front, or all four wheels through a 9-speed automatic transmission.

Would you like to know more?
    Last edited by FenwickHockey65; 09-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mentat Bashar For This Useful Post:

samesun (09-13-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 019 Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover

The XT4 looks so much better in person and should sell well with competitive leases.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillacís newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13í Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17í Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16í Cadillac ELR

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: 019 Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know About Cadillacís Smallest Crossover

The XT4 will obviously be an extremely popular offering within this segment.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 736 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Watched this video last night - not a bad preview!

I generally like what I see despite what some of the naysayers on this site are saying. Looks very competitive IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (09-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,792 Times in 4,320 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Watched this video last night - not a bad preview!

I generally like what I see despite what some of the naysayers on this site are saying. Looks very competitive IMO.
    If it had a Lincoln badge it would be God's own vehicle!

Does look to be competitive. I do have a feeling they didn't go far enough to stand above the other entrants in the segment. Same as they did with the new Silverado/Sierra.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

CadillacSA (09-13-2018),mbukukanyau (09-13-2018),Mentat Bashar (09-13-2018),RedSkyBlackDream (09-15-2018)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

Apologies for the typo in the subject line. Should be "2019".

Anywhosits, I'm really digging this car the more I see it. I'll have to check one out to see how big it really is.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I like everything about it. It’s going to be very popular imo. Can’t wait to check it out in person

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,801 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Noticed some orange peel on the black one at the beginning, but you see that on countless vehicles nowadays. It's a really great looking vehicle, very handsome, and definitely at the top of its class. I don't see how this can fail to sell, but the market can be very fickle, and what I like, may not be what most people want. Looking at various Lexus, it would appear that way over styled vehicles are sadly what the public wants. This looks very classy!

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    If it had a Lincoln badge it would be God's own vehicle!

Does look to be competitive. I do have a feeling they didn't go far enough to stand above the other entrants in the segment. Same as they did with the new Silverado/Sierra.

If it had a Lincoln badge they would be burning said Lincoln in effigy. That said, I don't see where the criticism is coming from unless that criticism is aimed toward the fwd platform itself. But, that is hardly news at this stage and, given what it is, everything looks good to me.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

So how does it drive?

Car mags used to have test drives before they're available for sale. Where are they now?

I looked at 3 Chinese overviews (not tests), and the LAST thing all three mentioned was the engine. Imagine that in NA.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,792 Times in 4,320 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    So how does it drive?

Car mags used to have test drives before they're available for sale. Where are they now?

I looked at 3 Chinese overviews (not tests), and the LAST thing all three mentioned was the engine. Imagine that in NA.
    Yes, can't wait to ready about the ride and the smoothness of the engine. I want to read "silky smooth" in regards to the 2.0T, I've never read that comment in regards to a GM 4 cylinder, unless you want to count "GM's 4 cylinder is NOT silky smooth".

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    So how does it drive?

Nick is releasing info on the 17th maybe this site got special permission to release this video early since it does include GM employees.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillacís newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13í Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17í Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16í Cadillac ELR

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

Drive reviews are embargoed. Overviews are not. There are a few vids out there talking about it. Still surprised that it's taking so long as there are Chinese reviews already up and you can technically buy one right now.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 DTS Perf-Plat

Yes, can't wait to ready about the ride and the smoothness of the engine. I want to read "silky smooth" in regards to the 2.0T, I've never read that comment in regards to a GM 4 cylinder, unless you want to count "GM's 4 cylinder is NOT silky smooth".
    Yeah, at 5000 rpm, since everyone drives in first gear all day.

They've never figured out that Cadillacs have always let you know you've floored it.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I would like to hear that this new? 2.0 Turbo 4 cylinder is worthy of the Cadillac name. If it is coarse, gravely and agricultural sounding (previous Cadillac 4cyls) it will go further in destroying the myth of "standard of the world". GM should just source their 4 cylinder engines from Honda or maybe Mercedes.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information