Report: 6th gen Z/28 cancelled. - Page 6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Report: 6th gen Z/28 cancelled.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Report: 6th gen Z/28 cancelled.

Rofl. I see the similarities too. That said, I don’t think they’re the same person because I did find a thread where GoldBowtie criticizes Mary Barra for some decisions he disagrees with. I’m not sure I can see the Bottmeister doing that doing that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar IROCNROL1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SVT74 View Post
    Rofl. I see the similarities too. That said, I don’t think they’re the same person because I did find a thread where GoldBowtie criticizes Mary Barra for some decisions he disagrees with. I’m not sure I can see the Bottmeister doing that doing that.
    You're probably right. Maybe I've just been listening to Glenn Beck too much. Hey, wait a minute!
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

SVT74 (07-07-2019)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,393 Posts
    My Ride
    '19 Ram 1500, '69 GMC 2500

Quote Originally Posted by IROCNROL1 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed striking similarities between GMI members Greg.Botts and GoldBowtie or do I just have a suspicious mind?

Count the letters (including the period) in the user names. Then take into account the propensity they both seemingly have to make outrageous, out of the blue posts.

Nah, it's just me.
    Maybe you need to Get Back from the keyboard more often. Bowtie is just an entry level fanboy. Botts was a conspiracy theory level nut...I mean enthusiast.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoStopN For This Useful Post:

posaune (07-08-2019),SVT74 (07-07-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar IROCNROL1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
    Maybe you need to Get Back from the keyboard more often. Bowtie is just an entry level fanboy. Botts was a conspiracy theory level nut...I mean enthusiast.
    I assure you that I don't go bingeing on the computer. Much. I just have a problem with a vivid imagination. Good or Bad.

So then, to use a Japanese movie monster analogy, I gotta believe you're saying GB is Godzilla and GB is merely Behemoth? Gigantic Bummer!
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

posaune (07-08-2019),SVT74 (07-08-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Might as well drop the Vette. It doesn't sell much. Could someone explain why Ford has a Shelby 350 GT and a 500 GT on the way?
    Let's be honest here. The GT500 is showing up to the part 5 years late.

I agree with most of the new stuff coming out of GM is about as exciting as Toyota in 2007. The Camaro is great, would have been epic with some design tweaks. Hopefully the 7th gen turns it around or...they'll always have the Tahoe's and Yukons. Or maybe they'll **** those up too.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Your wisdom is way off, I'm afraid to say. The Camaro failed due to poor styling and poorer marketing. Period. End of story.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PastorChevyGuy View Post
    Millennials want these cars but unfortunately we're not in the financial state to be able to afford them.
    I don’t understand this argument. Genuinely. I can name a place just North of Nashville that will hire anybody who can weld (MiG and simple arc) right now at $17 per hour as a starting, probationary wage. Within six months you’ll be made permanent and, if you are willing to take on some of the more difficult jobs, be at $20 an hour. They can’t keep people so getting hired is easy even if you just have very, very basic welding skills which are extremely easy to come by. This isn’t something that requires years of school and a ton of money.

Even better, they work twelve hours a day Monday through Friday and, if you want, you can work Saturdays as well, although you didn’t have to last I heard. Twelve hours a day working ever other Saturday, which gives you two full weekends off a month, would work out to about eighty grand a year.

That’s a lot of money for a young, single guy. That’s still a lot of money for a young, married guy with a two income household. Baby boomers didn’t really have better opportunities than that when they were young. Neither did the kids of generation x. And it is important to note this place is a pure revolving door and most of the people going through that door are millennials. Why?

I think millennials drank the Kook Aid. Millennials see the success of grandma and grandpa and don't realize grandpa did jobs much more difficult than this one to get there. Millennials see the lifestyle of mom and dad and don’t understand why they can’t have that right now without having to do jobs they don’t want to do. The opportunities aren’t really that different, but the generations are.
    Last edited by SVT74; 07-13-2019 at 04:38 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SVT74 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-13-2019),IROCNROL1 (07-14-2019)

Thanks

Well if you know of a place looking for good help then everyone making less money than they need is obviously lazy or at fault in some other way.

That said, the length of auto loans has grown substantially over the past decade as fewer and fewer buyers are able to make the monthly payments of shorter loans. Well over half of new car buyers are in loans longer than 72 months. When people have to take on that kind of debt to buy a new vehicle then the purchase of a second (new) toy car for weekends isn't a viable option for many buyers.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LithiumVsport View Post
    Well if you know of a place looking for good help then everyone making less money than they need is obviously lazy or at fault in some other way.
    It isnít just one place. I know of a few places offering similar work in the Cincinnati area and which pay slightly better than the Nashville locale. And this is just in one industry. My experience is that a goodly portion of more recent generations don't like hot or dirty work and they donít like to work overtime. That doesnít cover everyone, but you can paint with a much, much broader brush here than in prior generations in my experience.

That said, the length of auto loans has grown substantially over the past decade as fewer and fewer buyers are able to make the monthly payments of shorter loans. Well over half of new car buyers are in loans longer than 72 months. When people have to take on that kind of debt to buy a new vehicle then the purchase of a second (new) toy car for weekends isn't a viable option for many buyers.
    AndI think this speaks to the same problem. We are encountering younger generations with very different expectations regarding how hard and how much they will be expected to work to achieve a lifestyle similar to what their parents had. In larger numbers than prior generations these people are deciding that they want to work less, and work less strenuously, but they still want what mom and dad had. So, the financial community is adapting to accommodate, and people who are often already choosing to make less money are placing themselves deeper into debt by taking out loans with worse terms buying product that they canít afford. You canít expect to achieve more on less effort. It just doesnít work like that, pun intended.
    Last edited by SVT74; Today at 12:21 AM.

Thanks

I don't want to get into an off-topic discussion, but the data says you're wrong. Wages are not growing. That's a problem because cars and everything else costs more than in the 80s when the trend started.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LithiumVsport For This Useful Post:

germeezy1 (Today)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

A bit off topic here but I agree with Lithium, and I am of the older generation. I assumed laziness or entitlement until I had someone show me the data. In my area the poverty level is $72k a year. Yes there are many tech field jobs that pay more but not everyone is an iT manager. Not everyone can weld either.

I saw a van literally roll to a stop at the gas pump the other day. When I spoke with the older retirement age woman I realized that this woman worked 2 jobs, and was saving to move out of her van into an apartment. The least I could do is fill her tank. She would have had to wait a few hours until midnight to get paid. That is reality my friends in many regions.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information