Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021. - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    10,133
    Thanks
    13,096
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Mustang and Camaro developments have been tied at the hip for five and a half decades.
    Yeah I agree, and for all of us who have petroleum and all of its desired side effects in the blood, what of that? This new mantra of 0/0/0 may well leave a lot to be desired and GM out of the game. Sad.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,431
    Thanks
    12,818
    Thanked 8,710 Times in 5,090 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    So it's more of a SS 1LE competitor
    I'm not a pony car expert, but here is my back-story...............

    Ford approached us to make some "very low volume" parts for the GT, then as things progressed and they agreed, as we are wrapping-up negotiations, they said - "great we'd like to quadruple the order, can you give us a better price?"

    Problem being, because these were so low-volume we we're going officially tool them up (way too much cost for tooling) and make them in our production plant, we are making them in our prototype lab, making 1,000 pcs. in the prototype lab is one thing, making 4,000 pcs. in our prototype lab is another............... Typically prototype doesn't run 2 shifts, much less 3 shifts, but a sale is a sale!
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed753 For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (05-30-2020),Z284ever (05-30-2020)

  5. #18
    GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,142
    Thanks
    1,672
    Thanked 7,405 Times in 3,322 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Yeah I agree, and for all of us who have petroleum and all of its desired side effects in the blood, what of that? This new mantra of 0/0/0 may well leave a lot to be desired and GM out of the game. Sad.
    We'll see how all that goes. Much of that was based on promises from Chicom tyrants.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

    Neanderthal (05-30-2020)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #19
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 743 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Yeah I agree, and for all of us who have petroleum and all of its desired side effects in the blood, what of that? This new mantra of 0/0/0 may well leave a lot to be desired and GM out of the game. Sad.
    Or leading the game.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

  9. #20
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    881
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    I'm not a pony car expert, but here is my back-story...............

    Ford approached us to make some "very low volume" parts for the GT, then as things progressed and they agreed, as we are wrapping-up negotiations, they said - "great we'd like to quadruple the order, can you give us a better price?"

    Problem being, because these were so low-volume we we're going officially tool them up (way too much cost for tooling) and make them in our production plant, we are making them in our prototype lab, making 1,000 pcs. in the prototype lab is one thing, making 4,000 pcs. in our prototype lab is another............... Typically prototype doesn't run 2 shifts, much less 3 shifts, but a sale is a sale!
    Yep...definitely sounds like a 1LE competitor. That's where almost everyone does better than GM, GM uses some obscure internal designation "1LE", "ZL1" (ZL1 isn't obscure but you know what I mean) Ford uses "Mach 1", "Bullet", "Track Pack" and so on Dodge uses "Scat Pack", "1320", "Hellcat", "Redeye", "Demon"...GM needs to improve the cold nature of the variant designations.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-01-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  10. #21
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 912 Times in 412 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Yep...definitely sounds like a 1LE competitor. That's where almost everyone does better than GM, GM uses some obscure internal designation "1LE", "ZL1" (ZL1 isn't obscure but you know what I mean) Ford uses "Mach 1", "Bullet", "Track Pack" and so on Dodge uses "Scat Pack", "1320", "Hellcat", "Redeye", "Demon"...GM needs to improve the cold nature of the variant designations.
    OR, they could just make a Camaro and put a 700 badge on the back of it and further the confusion. I vote for that one.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Z Fury For This Useful Post:

    Neanderthal (06-01-2020)

  12. #22
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rockin' Rowland, PA
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 543 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    OR, they could just make a Camaro and put a 700 badge on the back of it and further the confusion. I vote for that one.
    UFFF!! Please don't jinx us.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

  13. #23
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    881
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    OR, they could just make a Camaro and put a 700 badge on the back of it and further the confusion. I vote for that one.
    Dont give them any Ideas...I can see the discussions over @ the RenCen right now...

    A: "how do we top the 797 hp Demon?"
    B: "Put a 900 badge on the back of the ZL1"
    A: "What does the 900 stand for...Horsepower?"
    B: "Nah...Units!!!"
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  14. #24
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tripowergto Jan2003 View Post
    Ummmnnn... this article was about the new Mach 1 MUSTANG.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
    Mustang and Camaro developments have been tied at the hip for five and a half decades.
    Yes but the Mustang is just now catching up to the amount of varients the Camaro has.

    Z28 or z/28 was cancelled.

  15. #25
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    I'm not a pony car expert, but here is my back-story...............

    Ford approached us to make some "very low volume" parts for the GT, then as things progressed and they agreed, as we are wrapping-up negotiations, they said - "great we'd like to quadruple the order, can you give us a better price?"

    Problem being, because these were so low-volume we we're going officially tool them up (way too much cost for tooling) and make them in our production plant, we are making them in our prototype lab, making 1,000 pcs. in the prototype lab is one thing, making 4,000 pcs. in our prototype lab is another............... Typically prototype doesn't run 2 shifts, much less 3 shifts, but a sale is a sale!
    Yep...definitely sounds like a 1LE competitor. That's where almost everyone does better than GM, GM uses some obscure internal designation "1LE", "ZL1" (ZL1 isn't obscure but you know what I mean) Ford uses "Mach 1", "Bullet", "Track Pack" and so on Dodge uses "Scat Pack", "1320", "Hellcat", "Redeye", "Demon"...GM needs to improve the cold nature of the variant designations.
    Cadillac is going real names next year, maybe that will happen to packages of other GM brands? GM has always loved their RPO code naming.

  16. #26
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    881
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    Cadillac is going real names next year, maybe that will happen to packages of other GM brands? GM has always loved their RPO code naming.
    Its funny that I said obscure codenames, because those names actually meant more when they were more obscure back in the day...like a hidden gem in the order form.

    Re: Cadillac Names..l.ets be 100% honest...those Cadillaq names are godawful, hopefully the product is great, but those names = trash. Lyriq (lyric) for a silent EV Crossover?!?!? Did no one on the board raise that question?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    JimmyDiablo (06-02-2020)

  18. #27
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 743 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Personally, I though the "800T" on the back of the Cadillac said "BOOT".
    Trying to get a handle on some of that upper crust, British panache.

    Does it say "BONNET" on the front?
    Last edited by CaptainDan; 06-02-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

  19. #28
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 743 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    ....Lyriq (lyric) for a silent EV Crossover?!?!? Did no one on the board raise that question?
    Because with a quiet drivetrain, you'll be able to hear the music on your stereo so much better.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

  20. #29
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rockin' Rowland, PA
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 543 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    Personally, I though the "800T" on the back of the Cadillac said "BOOT".
    Trying to get a handle on some of that upper crust, British panache.

    Does it say "BONNET" on the front?
    Remember the Pontiac "GOOOLIE"?
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

  21. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,326
    Thanks
    1,984
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,334 Posts

    Re: Mustang Mach 1 reportedly returns in 2021.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    Personally, I though the "800T" on the back of the Cadillac said "BOOT".
    I find myself wondering who's gonna be the first to change it to "8008"....and then add the "i" from BMW, and "ES" from Lexus. *snicker*

  22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2