What I'd like the new Camaro setup to look like...

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I'd like the new Camaro setup to look like...

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

What I'd like the new Camaro setup to look like...

A little bit of a breakoff of my ideal Chevy lineup, specifically for the Camaro. Here's what I'd like to see:

Base
    $18,000 starting price
    GM's great DI 3.6L V6, good for 304 HP mated to a standard 6-speed manual (short throw), optional 6 speed automatic with Tapshift. This would matchup well with the Mustang's GT, and beat out their V6.
    Features such at an 8 speaker, AM/FM/CD/MP3/XM sound system, 6 airbags, StabiliTrak, 17" alloy wheels, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, foglights, 4-wheel ABS/disc (~13.5" front), and a sport-tuned suspension standard equipment.
    Key Optional Equipment: Muscle Pride (stripes, special 18" alloys), HID's, 18" alloys, 19" alloys, sunroof, Power and Convience Package (8 way + lumbar power driver seat and 4-way power passenger seat, heated front seats, steering wheel radio controls), spoiler, Pounder Sound System (10 speaker + two 12" subs, AM/FM/CD/MP3/XM sound system)

Z28 SS
    $26,000 starting price
    Power comes from a DI LS3, good for 450 HP (the base Vette should also recieve such an engine) motivated along side the 6-speed manual/optional 6-speed Tapshift setup.
    Features such at the Pounder Sound System, 6 airbags, StabiliTrak, 18" alloy wheels, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, foglights, sunroof, Power and Convience Package, 4-wheel ABS/disc (~14" front), sport seats, and a sport-tuned suspension standard equipment.
    Key Optional Equipment: 19" alloy wheels, Track Day Package (15" Brembo's, track-tuned suspension, 18x10 front/18x11 rear wheels wrapped in sticky summer tires), HID projector headlights, navigation, Muscle Pride (stripes, special 18" alloys, louder exhaust note), Bumblebee Package (exterior like "Bumblebee" in Transformers)

Rally Sport
    $24,000 starting price
    Power comes from a DI LS3, good for 450 HP (the base Vette should also recieve such an engine) motivated along side the 6-speed manual/optional 6-speed Tapshift setup.
    This would be more of a stripped down, track-ready model, and as such much of the standard features of the above are not there, or have been "downgraded". A 4-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system, Track Day Package, StabiliTrack, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, 6 airbags.
    Key Optional Features: Muscle Pride, HID's, Pounder Sound System, Power and Convience package, sunroof, Bumblebee Package (exterior like "Bumblebee" in Transformers).

ZL1
    $42,000 starting price
    Power comes from a DI LS7 rated at 550 HP. 6-speed manual standard, optional 6-speed Tapshift.
    Heavily loaded with things such as the Pounder Sound System, 6 airbags, StabiliTrak, 18" alloy wheels, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, foglights, sunroof, Power and Convience Package, Track Day Package, navigation, and HID projector headlights.
    Key Optional Equipment: 19" alloy wheels, 20" alloy wheels, exterior custom striping, Bumblebee Package (exterior like "Bumblebee" in Transformers).
    Last edited by AmericanRevolution; 02-12-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: What I'd like the new Camaro setup to look like...

I agree on all counts. I really hope the LS7 sticks around.
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Everything looks good but unfortunately I think your pricing is way off. No way you will get a Z28 with that much content at the price of a G6 GT.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Not to burst your bubble, but $18,000 for the 3.6L DI V6? A 2.4L Cobalt Sport costs more than that. If you could get your base Camaro for $23,000, it would be a screamin' deal. The only way a Camaro is going to dip below $20k is with the 3.9L HVV6 and 5-speed manual.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Yeh...you are kidding yourself if you think those are going to be the prices..
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I wish the Camaro will be sold at those prices, but I doubt it will be. I can't wait until this car comes out, it'll be awesome. I'm definitely considering this for my next vehicle purchase/lease (along with a list of other cars) which won't be until around 2010 lol.

Thanks

Add about $5000 to each of those trim levels, and you may be on to something!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 chakis24's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds good. my g/f cant wait for this car (let alone me). dont forget the "bumblebee package".
    My Ride: 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71
    3" P.A. Body lift, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp Wheels, Halo Projector headlights w/ HID hi's, PIAA P4000 Quattro fogs, Hyper White LED DRL's, Putco Locker Black Bed Rails, Pace Edwards: Jack Rabbit tonneau, Fire & Ice LED light bar, "Patriot" window decal, Flowmaster muffler, iPOD jack,

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I hope this isnt what you expect, but whatyou would like to see.

450hp for 24k...not gunna happen. With great power comes great responsibility. And at 24k, thats too much power.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

Thanks

u wish it would be that cheap. base 22-24k, z28 around 30k, zl1 40-45k

Thanks

while this would be a great dream line up, you won't find anything under 30K with 400+ hp. Heck the GT G8 is what 29-30K for 361 hp. Also since the LS7 wasn't in the ZR-1, you most likely won't see it in the camaro esp with DI. THey would never spend the $$$ to redesign the block for DI. I hate to put a damper on yrou dream... but thats what dreams are for. I love your ideas.

My ideal camaro:
    400+ hp, 6 speed manual, leather two toned cooled seats (black with orange inserts, summer car), hugger orange with black stripes, ipod input, PW/PL 6 disc CD changer. Hopefully that can be 35K or less. I'll take mine in the second model year.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by 09camaross View Post
    My ideal camaro:
    400+ hp, 6 speed manual, leather two toned cooled seats (black with orange inserts, summer car), hugger orange with black stripes, ipod input, PW/PL 6 disc CD changer. Hopefully that can be 35K or less. I'll take mine in the second model year.
    The car you listed should be entirely reasonable and $30,000 would be a better price. If GM can't do it for the price you mentioned they might as well cancel it now.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you load up the options, the price is gunna skyrocket. If you load up a Mustang GT, it gets up to near 40k.
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

Thanks

So I've got a few questions...

First, is there any chance that maybe the 3.9 V6 is the engine for the base model? And if so, what is the general consensus on that idea? Is the engine still 240 horsepower, and if so would that be enough? Is there any way to squeeze maybe another 10 hp or so out of it? What about the cylinder deactivation, as far as trying to get better mileage out of it? Maybe it sounds ludicrous for a Camaro, but wouldn't a true base price under $20k and about 25 mpg combined (just my guess) perhaps make it desirable for a few more people?

Before anybody grills me, I'm not seeing there are things I necessarily want to see happen. Just me thinking aloud, really. I would like to see the Camaro be a sustained volume seller for GM, as it would help make other Zeta programs more viable. And I think to have a volume seller the price needs to come in as close to, if not under, $20k as is possible.
    Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
    Hidden Content

Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
    The Heartbeat of America... that's today's Chevrolet

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

I'd like to see prices around 22k for base v6, 27k for for a Z28, and zl1 whatever. I want the Z28 model and don't want to have to drop 30k+ on it. Doubt itll happen though.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information