Video: 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video: 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Re: Video: 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette

Subtle, maybe covers too many models to be "special", but the touches (while not 100% all my style) look very nice.
    Last edited by 2648562; 04-07-2011 at 06:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majicbz07 View Post
    I have to say i'm not too impressed with this iteration of the corvette. Its mostly a bunch of stickers and a few options that you could probably get without the centennial edition. But it does look good in black.
    Agreed. Kinda disappointing.
    Old friends long gone
    Camaro '69 SS, '74, '79 Z-28, '81 Z-28, '88 IROC, '91 Z-28, '98 Z-28.
    Monte Carlo '74, '77, '81

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Another Corvette with slapped on labels and some additional plastic. Time (way past time) for a completely new Corvette. As far as the Cruze goes, GM's recent statement that the car, which is new to the U.S., is too far into it's life cycle to get a hatchback says a lot. When do we in the U.S get something other than a rebadged Aussie car?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

With Hyundai's great strides in making main stream cars stylish, GM will have to follow...as usual.
    Buy American. Buy Ford. So say we all!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

As an owner of a C6 corvette I'm obviously biased yet I've never been a fan of these special editions but they do sell cars for GM so what the hell.

The steering wheel in alcantra is nice. I'm not a big fan of decals or black wheels but at least GM got the color of the car right.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Had to go to another site for pictures.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/...age/#more-5755

The black stickers on the C pillar would get ripped off.

I love the blacked out front Corvette emblem. I am glad to see they brought back red on the Calipers - looks really sharp on the black car. Plus the 6 piston brembos and the CF rotors look awesome in red and much better then the blue on the ZR1 or Grey in the Z06 Carbon edition.

Speaking of Carbon - that show car model is basically a Z06 carbon with some different paint options. I am digging the red thread on the interior - is the shifter, ebrake handle covered in alcantara as well?
    Hidden Content
    2005 Lemans Blue C6, T56 w/ Z51!
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - CAI, SLP long tube headers, Corsa Cat back! - SOLD
    2014 Chevrolet SS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TuffG929 View Post
    I just wish they had something more then some stickers and black paint to celebrate the centennial. Nice stickers though.
    I was thinking the same thing... I think the C4 Z07 was the last time a funky option was offered... the rest have been paint / decal schemes on standard corvettes...
    Last edited by Novak454; 04-07-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: miss spelled
    Current rides: 2014 GMC Terrain, 2011 Dodge Durango.
    Past rides: 2013 Buick Verano, 2006 GTO, 2005 Vibe (best car I've ever owned), 2006 Odyssey (the worst vehicle I've ever owned), 2005 Envoy, 2002 Wrangler, 2002 S10, 2000 Sierra C1500, 1997 Sierra K1500 (2nd best car I've ever owned), 1996 Stratus, 1996 SW1 Saturn, 1994 Toyota Pickup (4x4 - 2nd worst car I've ever owned), 1992 Dakota, 1988 GMC Suburban, 1987 S10 Blazer, 1985 Scrambler, 1980 Tercel

Thanks
    My Ride
    Buick !

Would it kill them to change the hood buldge every once in a while ... the price of the Corvette can easily absorb the cost of retooling for a new hood

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC turbotoad's Avatar
    Thanks

Bitch bitch bitch...........just don't buy the f'n thing! Oh that's right, 99% of those bitchn' wouldn't buy one regardless
    Last edited by turbotoad; 04-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Quote Originally Posted by turbotoad View Post
    Bitch bitch bitch...........just don't buy the f'n thing! Oh that's right, 99% of those bitchn' wouldn't buy one regardless
    That's right! Thanks for the laughs.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

A stickered up Vette is all they do for 100 years of their best known and highest volume brand? Pff. I am disappoint.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Slideways's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    12 cylinders via two cars

Did any of you even watch the video? I ask because so many of you are complaining about issues that are clearly addressed in a span of 2:00.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC turbotoad's Avatar
    Thanks

The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Z06 is based on the production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, new Z06 carbon fiber hood and CFZ carbon fiber package, which includes:

■Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
    ■Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
    ■Power-adjustable and heated seats
    ■Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
    ■The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
    ■Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
    ■CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
    ■New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.

The Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette expresses racing heritage, but does so with a sleek, modern, even sinister-looking appearance. The Centennial Edition package comes exclusively in Carbon Flash Metallic, with satin-black graphics and unique Centennial Satin Black wheels and red brake calipers. The wheels are constructed of lightweight cast-spun aluminum and include a thin red outline around the perimeter of its surface on the Z06. The wheels are specific to the respective Corvette models, including 18-inch/19-inch for Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport; and 19-inch/20-inch for Z06 and ZR1.

Magnetic Selective Ride Control, the world’s fastest-reacting suspension and a technology advance initiated by Corvette, is included on all Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette models.

The Centennial Edition also features special badges that signify Chevrolet’s racing history. A graphic logo featuring an iconic image of Louis Chevrolet appears on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels, and the center of the steering wheel. The seat headrests also carry an embossed centennial logo.

Aficionados will note one other small detail: The historic crossed flags badge contains a small adaptation, with “100” in place of the traditional fleur-de-lis symbol, only for the Centennial Edition.

The exterior color scheme is reinforced inside the car, with the Ebony leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors complimented by red stitching on the steering wheel, seats, console and shifter. Microfiber suede accents on Centennial Edition seats, steering wheel, shifter and armrests were first used on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Limited Edition.

The Chevrolet Centennial Edition will be available on all Corvette models via order code ZLC. Pricing will be released this summer prior to the start of availability.

Oh, never mind it's just a sticker package WTF?!
    Last edited by turbotoad; 04-07-2011 at 05:44 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC RadRiv455's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha, that Corvette should have a Buick Engine! As the Chevrolet brothers used Buick Engines when they went racing!!!
    VELITE PLEASE

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turbotoad View Post
    ■Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
    Doesn't the Vette already offer a Bose premium audio system with AM/FM/XM? Doesn't it already offer a nav system?
    ■Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
    Doesn't the Vette already offer Bluetooth?
    ■Power-adjustable and heated seats
    Doesn't the Vette already offer this too? At least the powered part I'm sure.
    ■Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
    Pretty sure it offers most all of this too.
    ■The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
    You can get a full leather package that's 95% of what this is anyway. Sure it's nice, but again, it's mostly just some aesthetics.
    ■Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
    So ... already something you can get.
    ■CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
    I think you get that with the ZR1, if not the Z06 too.
    ■New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.
    Woah!
    Some extra showing off and equipment you can already get. Next.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information