Silverado ZR2 - Page 4

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Silverado ZR2

  1. #46
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,516
    Thanks
    1,101
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 1,556 Posts

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    This should have the supercharged 6.2 in it, sick and tired to see dumb moves made like this.

    These will be nothing more then overpriced statues on dealer lots, no worries about rushing to go buy one like Dodge fans did with the TRX, which sold all of their 2021 run in 4 hours time at over 90k a pop!

    So laughable with how easy it is to tell, which of the big 3 is run by a women!
    Im pickin up what you're puttin down, but I think it's unfair to cast that as a womanly trait because there are women out there with a passion for cars just like us. The problem here is that there is a passionless culture running amok at GM and it shows in the product...they're just checking boxes now, and if it's something that doesn't fit in their little checklist of segments to hit for profitablity, then it will get limited or no attention.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 09-08-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (09-08-2020),Extreme4x4 (09-26-2020),Mr.Buttons (09-08-2020),TruckMan (09-08-2020)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #47
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    2,209
    Thanks
    2,840
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 851 Posts

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    This should have the supercharged 6.2 in it, sick and tired to see dumb moves made like this.

    These will be nothing more then overpriced statues on dealer lots, no worries about rushing to go buy one like Dodge fans did with the TRX, which sold all of their 2021 run in 4 hours time at over 90k a pop!

    So laughable with how easy it is to tell, which of the big 3 is run by a women!
    That's not fair to women.

    GM is run by eunuchized boiled potatoes and every once in a great while a potato escapes eunuchization and boiling to create and release something exciting before it is captured and "dealt" with.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (09-26-2020)

  6. #48
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 JimmyDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,344
    Thanks
    2,059
    Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,343 Posts

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    This should have the supercharged 6.2 in it, sick and tired to see dumb moves made like this.

    These will be nothing more then overpriced statues on dealer lots, no worries about rushing to go buy one like Dodge fans did with the TRX, which sold all of their 2021 run in 4 hours time at over 90k a pop!

    So laughable with how easy it is to tell, which of the big 3 is run by a women!
    A one year only edition, all of which likely ended up in a hermetically sealed box somewhere just like most demons and first year hellcats.

    So laughable with how easy it is to tell, which of the posters need to die off...

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #49
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,827
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ksss View Post
    The ZR2 seems to have earned the respect of those that run them on the desert just for fun. You watch the you tube vids and it pretty much owns anything that they put it up against. Its not professional racing, but these are the guys that actually go to a dealer and buy them, and they influence others to do the same. That said, I cant deny the Bling that the Raptor and the Ram bring to the table. Since the goal is to sell pickups, that Bling will do that. The ZR2 can get it done off road, but the Bling level is lower which will cost some sales. Kinda reminds me of the Camaro.
    Exactly, if it does not have a supercharged LT5, its not going to run with T-Rex, however, its not going to cost as much either, bottom line, its going to be very capable truck. With the 6.2, it can achieve the max speed one is going to need for desert running.. and the torque to tackle trails.
    I just hope Chevrolet spends the money to get that Duramax inline there as an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    If breaking GM's balls by making fun of the half-assed things they do is petty, then I guess you can call me Mr.Pettys [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] and I front the band the "Ballbreakers" [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
    hahajajaja, fair enough, I misunderstood where you were coming from, apologies.
    I just want a H.O 6.2, so 460hp or so and 3.73 gears with a 34" tire.

    I'm so tired of these uber bro trucks. 22x12, -60 offset, mudding tires and lifted to the sky. Gross. I have 0 interest in a raptor or TRX. 6.2 is a lot closer to what I'd want. Or a 1/2 ton Tremor.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverEnough For This Useful Post:

    JimmyDiablo (09-09-2020),mbukukanyau (09-26-2020),Mr.Buttons (09-26-2020)

  10. #50
    Walking
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My Ride
    1972 Chevelle for starters

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    I personally have contacted GM a few times concerning their trucks compared to F & D. In the electric utility industry, most trucks in our area are either the F450, F550, Sterlings, Dodge 3500.

    Price and other variables do exist in the decisions, but one of the big ones is ground clearance!! We've tried GM's a couple times, but it seems we eventually have to pull it off of a high center situation where the others cleared the obstacle with room to spare.

    This ZR2 may or may not have what it takes to knock the Raptor off it's limb, I don't know, but I hope it has the ground clearance to do so.
    Loud Pipes Saves Lives-GOD SAVES SOULS

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 72Malibu For This Useful Post:

    mbukukanyau (09-26-2020)

  12. #51
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Cool! I'm a little disappointed they aren't entering the HP war, but still cool!

  13. #52
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,239
    Thanks
    6,366
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,317 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Im pickin up what you're puttin down, but I think it's unfair to cast that as a womanly trait because there are women out there with a passion for cars just like us. The problem here is that there is a passionless culture running amok at GM and it shows in the product...they're just checking boxes now, and if it's something that doesn't fit in their little checklist of segments to hit for profitablity, then it will get limited or no attention.
    Oh come on, we both know that there is no such thing as a woman auto enthusiast. All women want is boring appliances that are all exactly the same, but in different sizes. As long as they have enough power to make it to the Starbucks drive through, they are good.

    I do think that most of GM's products these days are just stretched or shrunk versions of the same vehicle. Some may look better than others, but that is where the passion ends. There are no performance models of the mundane appliances. Are they good appliances.............. sure. However, there is certainly nothing that would bring me into a GM showroom right now, and as enthusiasts go, I am pretty open minded. Can't afford a Vette, and it wouldn't exactly fit my life right now. Other than that, and mind you, I can find vehicles to like of almost all manufacturers, nothing even makes me want to go test drive something. That makes me sad. Of course, what do I know, I'm just a woman.
    The resident "girl"

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (09-26-2020),mbukukanyau (09-26-2020),Mr.Buttons (09-26-2020)

  15. #53
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    2,209
    Thanks
    2,840
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 851 Posts

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    I just want a H.O 6.2, so 460hp or so and 3.73 gears with a 34" tire.

    I'm so tired of these uber bro trucks. 22x12, -60 offset, mudding tires and lifted to the sky. Gross. I have 0 interest in a raptor or TRX. 6.2 is a lot closer to what I'd want. Or a 1/2 ton Tremor.
    But it makes our dilly dinks look sooo much bigger (I don't think women want their dilly dinks to be big ....I could be wrong ).

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (09-26-2020)

  17. #54
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut. (The Banned Section ;))
    Posts
    10,689
    Thanks
    14,163
    Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,666 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    Oh come on, we both know that there is no such thing as a woman auto enthusiast. All women want is boring appliances that are all exactly the same, but in different sizes. As long as they have enough power to make it to the Starbucks drive through, they are good.

    I do think that most of GM's products these days are just stretched or shrunk versions of the same vehicle. Some may look better than others, but that is where the passion ends. There are no performance models of the mundane appliances. Are they good appliances.............. sure. However, there is certainly nothing that would bring me into a GM showroom right now, and as enthusiasts go, I am pretty open minded. Can't afford a Vette, and it wouldn't exactly fit my life right now. Other than that, and mind you, I can find vehicles to like of almost all manufacturers, nothing even makes me want to go test drive something. That makes me sad. Of course, what do I know, I'm just a woman.
    Other than that, and mind you, I can find vehicles to like of almost all manufacturers, nothing even makes me want to go test drive something. That makes me sad.
    I go browse the various lots sometimes on Sundays, and I find myself being the same way.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (09-26-2020),Mr.Buttons (09-26-2020)

  19. #55
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,239
    Thanks
    6,366
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,317 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: Silverado ZR2

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I go browse the various lots sometimes on Sundays, and I find myself being the same way.
    Has always been one of my favorite past times. Have driven Lamborghini's, Lotus's, Porsche's, all kinds of Audi's, would go to the Lexus lot, even Infiniti and Toyota. However, short of the Vette, (the Camaro is too much of a bathtub feel and don't like it), there is nothing. If I had millions, I would own vehicles from almost all makes, yet short of the Vette, there is nothing that even interests me to test drive.................. and I can get in a Lambo easier than a Vette.
    The resident "girl"

  20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2