Several 2020 Corvette C8 Owners Are Claiming Their Frunk Pops Open While Driving - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Several 2020 Corvette C8 Owners Are Claiming Their Frunk Pops Open While Driving

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 573 Posts

Re: Several 2020 Corvette C8 Owners Are Claiming Their Frunk Pops Open While Driving

Quote Originally Posted by vanshmack View Post
    My 2016 LaCrosse would do this. For some reason, the trunk release button sat really high in the fob, and occasionally, I would come out to an open trunk in the morning. Fortunately, I generally dispose of the previous day's corpses at night, so no harm, no foul.
    This happened often with my 2016 RS Camaro as well. A few zombies did escape.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tripowergto Jan2003 For This Useful Post:

vanshmack (08-07-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Z51 Corvette

Re: Several 2020 Corvette C8 Owners Are Claiming Their Frunk Pops Open While Driving

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    Why would they make something without a safety catch to prevent this ?

Thats really very poor engineering and design
    Thats GM, they saved the safety latch money for the Lectrics!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisswilly For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-08-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    And somebody needs to be fired.
    Does every mistake these days have to result in the person losing their job? For all the great things someone does for a company, one mistake makes them worthless to that company?

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZillaZ View Post
    Does every mistake these days have to result in the person losing their job? For all the great things someone does for a company, one mistake makes them worthless to that company?
    Sry but we as a nation have an odd fascination with firing people as of late. Step out of line, say one wrong thing, and your whole life's work goes down the drain. We're all human, we all make mistakes, it shouldn't cost you everything. There isn't any wiggle room in this world anymore...you better be perfect or thatll be your ass.

Re: frunk openings...look at the bright side it could be worse, they could've left the little plastic tab covering the shift lock off
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 08-10-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-10-2020)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information