NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

Thread: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

  1. #16
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 771 Times in 359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Al465 View Post
    I owned one of the first Cruze in 2011 and love it so much that I traded it in for a new 2019. It is really my wife's car and we can not understand why GM would quit making it. The one we have is the R/S model and I think it's one hell of a nice car. I'd put it up against any Honda Civic or whatever. This car is tops!!!
    Confused by the move as well unless the goal was to pretty much make the Sonic the new Cruze in size and content. They are pretty close in passenger dimensions. Again. Never saw the need for both, but preferred the Cruze exterior and name in both generations.. Still preferring your 2011 styling over the new one unless it was an RS hatch.. Which I think is the most attractive compact mainstream on the market.. So much could have been been done with both. And GM chose to ignore. The "hot hatch" niche segment for instance. Where they had the 2.0L Turbo in the Verano, but didn't give it to the Cruze as a return of the SS. Pisses me off some of their moves as much as I am a fan.

    GM call the Sonic the Cruze Gen 3 and negotiate a contract that will allow it to be profitable. For the sake of Good will tool up the Lordstown plant for the Trailblazer
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-04-2019),Evo69 (05-04-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #17
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,774
    Thanks
    10,746
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,900 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Confused by the move as well unless the goal was to pretty much make the Sonic the new Cruze in size and content. They are pretty close in passenger dimensions. Again. Never saw the need for both, but preferred the Cruze exterior and name in both generations.. Still preferring your 2011 styling over the new one unless it was an RS hatch.. Which I think is the most attractive compact mainstream on the market.. So much could have been been done with both. And GM chose to ignore. The "hot hatch" niche segment for instance. Where they had the 2.0L Turbo in the Verano, but didn't give it to the Cruze as a return of the SS. Pisses me off some of their moves as much as I am a fan.

    GM call the Sonic the Cruze Gen 3 and negotiate a contract that will allow it to be profitable. For the sake of Good will tool up the Lordstown plant for the Trailblazer
    Pretty much agree with it but of course Lordstown being "?economically feasible?" of course.

  5. #18
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 771 Times in 359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Confused by the move as well unless the goal was to pretty much make the Sonic the new Cruze in size and content. They are pretty close in passenger dimensions. Again. Never saw the need for both, but preferred the Cruze exterior and name in both generations.. Still preferring your 2011 styling over the new one unless it was an RS hatch.. Which I think is the most attractive compact mainstream on the market.. So much could have been been done with both. And GM chose to ignore. The "hot hatch" niche segment for instance. Where they had the 2.0L Turbo in the Verano, but didn't give it to the Cruze as a return of the SS. Pisses me off some of their moves as much as I am a fan.

    GM call the Sonic the Cruze Gen 3 and negotiate a contract that will allow it to be profitable. For the sake of Good will tool up the Lordstown plant for the Trailblazer
    Pretty much agree with it but of course Lordstown being "?economically feasible?" of course.
    Yeah.. But look. The idea is to save jobs.. to bring back the jobs. The town. The state needs to play ball too. The people need to be willing to support the plant.. Honestly in a situation like this. U really should've had a Cruze parked in every other driveway, even if it was just the teenagers car. Point of fact. If U see a person driving a Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Versa, or even a Focus. They should have been given serious shade and shame. Sounds crazy.. But have U ever been to Wolfsburg? Golfs running around like ants at an ice-cream picnic
    Last edited by CMiatso DaBang; 05-05-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-04-2019),Evo69 (05-04-2019)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #19
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 97 Times in 49 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    My opinion is, you all need to talk with your money. If you like GM only buy GM cars that are built in the United States - not even Canada. Quit buying and GM product built in Mexico.

    My next car is going to be a Camaro SS. For many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it’s built in Lansing, Michigan, USA.

    Don’t buy Blazers unless they shift production to America. Quit buying Mexican built Silverados, only buy those built in America. Look on the door jamb production sticker before you even test drive one you like - if it says “Final Assembly Location: Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico” get away from it!! Even if that means spending a little more money to get a higher trim level than you had planed.

  9. #20
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,774
    Thanks
    10,746
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,900 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Yeah.. But look. The idea is to save jobs.. I bring back the jobs. The town. The state needs to play ball too. The people need to be willing to support the plant.. Honestly in a situation like this. U really should've had a Cruze parked in every other driveway, even if it was just the teenagers car. Point of fact. If U see a person driving a Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Versa, or even a Focus. They should have been given serious shade and shame. Sounds crazy.. But have U ever been to Wolfsburg? Golfs running around like ants at an ice-cream picnic
    This is a GM specific site but that same principle would hold for any other community that had a plant building, let's say any other brands' vehicle, and it were in the same circumstance. The public needs to talk with their money, and of course they do because if your product sucks or isn't what's desired they wont buy.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    CMiatso DaBang (05-05-2019),richmond2000 (05-05-2019)

  11. #21
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,167
    Thanks
    2,802
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 761 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Wall Street loves it when lives and workers are ruined.
    Up yours, Mary. You're a gutless spineless waste of a CEO.

  12. #22
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 771 Times in 359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    Yeah.. But look. The idea is to save jobs.. I bring back the jobs. The town. The state needs to play ball too. The people need to be willing to support the plant.. Honestly in a situation like this. U really should've had a Cruze parked in every other driveway, even if it was just the teenagers car. Point of fact. If U see a person driving a Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Versa, or even a Focus. They should have been given serious shade and shame. Sounds crazy.. But have U ever been to Wolfsburg? Golfs running around like ants at an ice-cream picnic
    This is a GM specific site but that same principle would hold for any other community that had a plant building, let's say any other brands' vehicle, and it were in the same circumstance. The public needs to talk with their money, and of course they do because if your product sucks or isn't what's desired they wont buy.
    That last part.. Not necessarily correct when it comes to GM. Te CTS.. The Impala.. Examples of being class leading and the best.. And still not getting the sales due to various reasons nothing to do with being the best or being class leading..
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

  13. #23
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC buildacariwant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philly Philly
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
    My Ride
    18 WRX 10 GTI 06 Explorer V8

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    always liked driving past there Philly to Chicago trips a few times a year
    gone but not forgetten: 77 grand prix, 70 buick estate wagon, 90 eldorado, 07 si sedan

    no manual = not on the shopping list...Hidden Content

  14. #24
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Coast of America
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Where was the NYT when all the same areas steel plants closed? The GM plant was the last big cog to remain here.

    The Clinton admin did nothing to prevent steel from going to China.

    As for now things are quiet here as many know the UAW and GM will talk in the Summer here. There are still a good possibility they could bring the plant back with a new agreement.

    Unplanned shut downs can not just plug one car in and take another out.

    Lordstown needs investment as it needs a larger paint shop and line improvements for larger vehicles.

    GM is also shopping a Billion in plant improvements for future models at a plant. Some or all this money is needed here if they are to take on a SUV.

    The truth is if sales of the Blazer take off and if they add a 3 row model they will need a new second plant. Same for the Trailblazer.

    Neither model is yet ready for production so some down time is expected.


    The reality is small cars are dead. Honda here in Ohio has now cut to one shift and that may go too. VW may not make a standard Golf for the American market and only import the performance model.

    The future here is to either get a truck line or CUV line.

    The stuff in Mexico was going to happen no matter what and has gone on for several decades due to NAFTA. The truth is the sale of sedans is on a fast decline.

    Nothing is guaranteed here but due to a good UAW relationship with the local I believe they have a shot. Till talks are taken GM has to remain silent

    As for now the NYT needs to tell the full story not just their narrative. The Democratic leaders in this area have done little for them. Tim Ryan who is running for President has been here going on 13 years and did nothing leading up to this.

    The Cruze was a nice car but it was not one that was bringing in the money. Anymore. Each year sales got worse. Now put a CUV in the plant could go 2-3 shifts and themodel will ave a higher ATP.

    While many like to point fingers who do not live here it is a simple few facts that are in play.

    The plant and local are liked by GM here the Cruze was given to them because the have been good at working with GM.

    When sales were good on the car they were going 3 shifts and no lunch to keep up. As sales declined it went to one shift that still had a car in decline. None of this was planned.

    Why was not a larger more popular vehicle not moved here? Time and money. The Blazer was ready for production now not next year. Also the plant needs work and budgeted money to upgrade the paint shop and line for larger models.

    Even if the Blazer was sen5 to Wentzville it would not have changed the future of Lordstown.

    There are new CUV models coming a new mid size truck platform etc all coming. GM has a number of plants in America under capacity that could get them. Lordstown is one.

    Note too that GM has been noncommittal on Lordstown when the were very clear on Oshawa.

    It is a very different take here on the ground.
    Last edited by scott3; 05-05-2019 at 07:59 AM.

  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scott3 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-05-2019),bballr4567 (05-05-2019),BlackGTP (05-05-2019),Chassis Guy (05-07-2019),CMiatso DaBang (05-05-2019),geozinger_again (05-12-2019),richmond2000 (05-05-2019)

  16. #25
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 771 Times in 359 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by scott3 View Post

    The truth is if sales of the Blazer take off and if they add a 3 row model they will need a new second plant. Same for the Trailblazer.

    Neither model is yet ready for production so some down time is expected.


    The reality is small cars are dead. Honda here in Ohio has now cut to one shift and that may go too. VW may not make a standard Golf for the American market and only import the performance model.

    The future here is to either get a truck line or CUV line.

    The stuff in Mexico was going to happen no matter what and has gone on for several decades due to NAFTA. The truth is the sale of sedans is on a fast decline.

    Nothing is guaranteed here but due to a good UAW relationship with the local I believe they have a shot. Till talks are taken GM has to remain silent

    As for now the NYT needs to tell the full story not just their narrative. The Democratic leaders in this area have done little for them. Tim Ryan who is running for President has been here going on 13 years and did nothing leading up to this.
    Great whole post, but I wanted to only quote part.. and the bolded part.. if people here have anything to do with it the Blazer will die due to it basically sharing a name with a long gone vehicle that would only serve a certain niche. It is a great vehicle
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust, 2016 Harley Night Rod Special

  17. #26
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,774
    Thanks
    10,746
    Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,900 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by scott3 View Post
    Where was the NYT when all the same areas steel plants closed? The GM plant was the last big cog to remain here.

    The Clinton admin did nothing to prevent steel from going to China.


    As for now things are quiet here as many know the UAW and GM will talk in the Summer here. There are still a good possibility they could bring the plant back with a new agreement.

    Unplanned shut downs can not just plug one car in and take another out.

    Lordstown needs investment as it needs a larger paint shop and line improvements for larger vehicles.

    GM is also shopping a Billion in plant improvements for future models at a plant. Some or all this money is needed here if they are to take on a SUV.

    The truth is if sales of the Blazer take off and if they add a 3 row model they will need a new second plant. Same for the Trailblazer.

    Neither model is yet ready for production so some down time is expected.


    The reality is small cars are dead. Honda here in Ohio has now cut to one shift and that may go too. VW may not make a standard Golf for the American market and only import the performance model.

    The future here is to either get a truck line or CUV line.

    The stuff in Mexico was going to happen no matter what and has gone on for several decades due to NAFTA. The truth is the sale of sedans is on a fast decline.

    Nothing is guaranteed here but due to a good UAW relationship with the local I believe they have a shot. Till talks are taken GM has to remain silent

    As for now the NYT needs to tell the full story not just their narrative. The Democratic leaders in this area have done little for them. Tim Ryan who is running for President has been here going on 13 years and did nothing leading up to this.

    The Cruze was a nice car but it was not one that was bringing in the money. Anymore. Each year sales got worse. Now put a CUV in the plant could go 2-3 shifts and themodel will ave a higher ATP.

    While many like to point fingers who do not live here it is a simple few facts that are in play.

    The plant and local are liked by GM here the Cruze was given to them because the have been good at working with GM.

    When sales were good on the car they were going 3 shifts and no lunch to keep up. As sales declined it went to one shift that still had a car in decline. None of this was planned.

    Why was not a larger more popular vehicle not moved here? Time and money. The Blazer was ready for production now not next year. Also the plant needs work and budgeted money to upgrade the paint shop and line for larger models.

    Even if the Blazer was sen5 to Wentzville it would not have changed the future of Lordstown.

    There are new CUV models coming a new mid size truck platform etc all coming. GM has a number of plants in America under capacity that could get them. Lordstown is one.

    Note too that GM has been noncommittal on Lordstown when the were very clear on Oshawa.

    It is a very different take here on the ground.
    . I wanted to highlight this certain part of a very good post too. I've noticed for a long time that certain political leaders from a certain party(and the media as well) are always preaching up a good show as to support for certain industries and their affiliated unions but their track record of actual support and of legislation when needed is far from what comes out of their mouths a lot of the time.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (05-05-2019),Ed753 (05-05-2019),IROCNROL1 (05-05-2019),jesda1 (05-07-2019)

  19. #27
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Coast of America
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    One thing also lost here is that forums, web and media are weaponized.

    Note many of the forums have been swarmed by new posters pushing narratives that are fully disclosed or honest. They have trolled things using non truthful statements and things that lack full info on how and why things happened.

    Things like cars in Mexico are not built as well? Not true. That the jobs going there are stealing all our work. Not true GM and most other MFGs have been there since the Clinton admin and the start of NAFTA.

    I feel Unifor is behind much of the false narrative as the UAW has had more skin in the game and has been working better with GM. They know even if the should lose Lordstown they will gain work in one of the number of other plants they are in. They know the better GM does the better they do.

    Lordstown grasped this long ago as the area lost steel plants due to inflexible unions.

    Look for offers to new products to be part of the contracts this summer. Bids will go to GM by locals for the work and GM and the UAW will come to terms. Those who work with GM will get the work those who fail will be the short straw.

    Much of the web has really not disclosed this and much also sends out a lot of false info. GM has to remain quiet as they can not public ally disclose future product plans nor show their cards moving into contract negotiations.

    Trust me for GM to save Lordstown would be a big publicity news story that they could really take advantage of. They also know that they can get assistance from Trump too with returning the plant to production moving into an election year. These things are not what anyone will say in public but we know they are big considerations here.

    The details here are so much deeper and much goes into what happens. This is not just oh we are moving to Mexico to save money. Deals are made on leverage and options.

    The best thing for Tim Ryan to do now is join Trump and make offers to help keep the plant open in the summer UAW negotiations.

    Note I have met Tim Ryan and had him in my office at work. He is a nice likable guy but he is still a party driven Democrat. He took over for Renegade Jim Trafficant who broke all the rules. He actually got things done but not so Tim. This would be a good time he flushed the party and do what is right for those who voted him in.
    Last edited by scott3; 05-05-2019 at 09:58 AM.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scott3 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-05-2019),BlackGTP (05-05-2019),Chassis Guy (05-07-2019),Neanderthal (05-05-2019),tripowergto Jan2003 (05-05-2019)

  21. #28
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar IROCNROL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Iowa
    Posts
    2,875
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 263 Times in 140 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Camaro/next year, anyway.

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    Wall Street loves it when lives and workers are ruined.
    Up yours, Mary. You're a gutless spineless waste of a CEO.
    In actuality Wall Street couldn't care less one way or the other about workers lives. Profit is their only focus.

    Barra is providing what Wall Street wants. Again, just like Wall Street, she doesn't consider workers at all. As a CEO she is beholding to stockholders. That's it.

    As to her qualifications as a CEO, she has brought profitability to GM. That's her job. Now if she introduces a full line of electric vehicles that don't sell well, if at all, then her status will plummet in short order. Will that save any American jobs? I suspect not. The only thing that I can see saving jobs here is if enough people say (and mean) that they will only buy American made, or at least assembled, vehicles. Do I think that's a realistic probability? I think everyone pretty much knows the answer to that one.
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-05-2019),BlackGTP (05-05-2019),Neanderthal (05-05-2019),sdotjeezy (05-05-2019)

  23. #29
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,575
    Thanks
    12,080
    Thanked 7,838 Times in 4,658 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    Quote Originally Posted by scott3 View Post

    The truth is if sales of the Blazer take off and if they add a 3 row model they will need a new second plant. Same for the Trailblazer.
    "If.................."

    "If.................."

    "They could build a plant here..............."


    The Blazer, which is on the same platform as the XT5 and Acadia could have been added to the underutilized Spring Hill facility, with minimal investment.


    It's not so much the Lordstown closed, it that; Lordstown, Oshawa AND Hamtramck are closing, and new product is going into the recently invested/expanded Mexican Plant.


    It's the context; say your girlfriend breaks up with you because she realizes she is a lesbian, compare that to her breaking up with you to date your best friend...........
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  24. #30
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Coast of America
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: NYT Special Report - Chevy Cruze Lordstown Plant: The End Of The Line

    What you leave out in Springhill is this.

    #1 they have just added Holden Production there. #2 they have just added XT6 production there. #3 the Blazer is sold in Mexico in higher numbers too. #4 we have yet to see full plans or capacity for Spring Hill yet.

    This is the deal. GM has been in Mexico and they will always have a foot print there. GM also has many plans and expansion for in country here. They have already invest in several plants and just made public the first investment to be offered this year of 1 billion dollars.

    As for Oshawa. Unifor is what brought them down. The union there has been a major problem for years and GM long ago sent them a signal they could easily leave there. On the other hand the CAW plants remain in good standing with better product and cooperation.

    As for the girlfriend thing wow. Not even close. This is business not a relationship.

    As for the Blazer hopes are it will sell in numbers like the Nox or greater. Production would need to expand.

    The outrage over the Blazer is misleading. No one complained about all the other models built there. Little consideration is made on where most the materials come from in the states to just assemble it.

    The HHR was assembled in Mexico but the engine gas from Springhill. The tranny was good old USA. The Horn was from AZ and most other major parts were from here.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott3 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-05-2019),BlackGTP (05-05-2019),sdotjeezy (05-05-2019)

  26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2018, 06:31 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 12:22 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
  4. Lordstown, Ohio, hangs its hopes on the new Chevy Cruze
    By Vinsetta in forum Global Chevrolet News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
  5. Report: ’09 Replacement for Chevy Optra Targeted for Lordstown
    By Perian in forum Global Chevrolet News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2