GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

  1. #16
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,737
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 743 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
    Totally agree with the redundancy.
    Ditto!

    (see what I did there?)
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainDan For This Useful Post:

    eklauss (10-11-2019),rmc523 (10-08-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #17
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,230
    Thanks
    1,100
    Thanked 905 Times in 409 Posts
    My Ride
    2001 Chevy Silverado

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Actually looks pretty cool

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RamJet502 For This Useful Post:

    eklauss (10-11-2019),Evo69 (10-09-2019),jzchev28 (10-08-2019)

  6. #18
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,336
    Thanks
    416
    Thanked 539 Times in 224 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Wow, front grill update, how exciting.

    It would be nice to see a 10 speed tranny and new interior, but I'm guessing that would be asking too much -- save those for 5 years in the future. Sigh.

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #19
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 BahamaTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 980 Times in 423 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    Love it, other than I wish they would have changed the headlights, never been a fan of them. That ZR2 looks cool as hell. Hopefully some updates in the interior as well.
    Even if they kept the same shape they could have at least done LEDs instead of the original halogen projectors. Even Toyota was able to do this for the recent Tacoma refresh.


  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

    Evo69 (10-08-2019),richmond2000 (10-15-2019),TruckMan (10-08-2019)

  10. #20
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 BORG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI, USA
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 847 Times in 397 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    It really needed an update to those 2000's era headlights, but they are taking this particular segment seriously which is good, this has a more distinctive look like the Raptor. Not sure they've made an icon however, it's not that hot looking.
    Last edited by BORG; 10-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.

  11. #21
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    775
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 414 Times in 220 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    I guess I better hurry up and decide if I want a mid size pickup and buy a 2020 cause that front is ugly.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Myron 65 For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (10-08-2019)

  13. #22
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    459
    Thanked 327 Times in 158 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    With sales down and the Ranger picking up speed, they better get this out early 2020, not late in the year.

  14. #23
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 438 Times in 188 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
    Even if they kept the same shape they could have at least done LEDs instead of the original halogen projectors. Even Toyota was able to do this for the recent Tacoma refresh.
    Don't worry, the price will still go up. I really liked the look of these trucks, but boy, $38k+ 13% tax+delivery = ~$45000 for base LT V6 with 17" rims.
    Holy mother of god, I max-priced one with the diesel, are they for real?? LOL: 66435 +delivery +tax=about $77000

    The recession will hit GM like a train.

  15. #24
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,213
    Thanks
    6,140
    Thanked 3,013 Times in 1,300 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    I really like the looks of the current ZR2, and see a lot of them around my small town. This...................... ummm................... I will have to see in person before I decide. A bit too much new HD for me (which I have seen on the road now, and it doesn't look better in person).
    The resident "girl"

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-09-2019)

  17. #25
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 kool1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,058
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 750 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    The off-center bowtie bothers me...
    Nope. LOVE the new grill. Nice and fresh IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    With sales down and the Ranger picking up speed, they better get this out early 2020, not late in the year.
    Ranger is garbage. Only people buying it is Ford fanboys.
    Last edited by kool1; 10-08-2019 at 01:20 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

    Evo69 (10-09-2019)

  19. #26
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    6,282
    Thanks
    4,560
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,297 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Looks like a decent exterior refresh. I do agree about the headlights - they could stand to be modernized up to LEDs.

    My wife has a 2016 Z71 Colorado and she loves it. It's been a great little truck for her. Only one slight issue with an EGR valve (I think) that cost me $40 to replace. Otherwise she has 50k trouble free miles.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TruckMan For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (10-08-2019),Ed753 (10-08-2019),eklauss (10-11-2019),orville (10-08-2019)

  21. #27
    Chevrolet VOLT eaton53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,839
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,902 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    What came to mind was "If at first you dont succeed...."
    They're not shy about doubling down.
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award


    Hidden Content

    2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

  22. #28
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 438 Times in 188 Posts

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Ranger is garbage. Only people buying it is Ford fanboys.
    Quotes like this (without arguments) can only come from an FCA or GM fanboy. Why is it garbage ?
    The ecoboost is rated around 7500lb, the V6 7000lb and the diesel 7700lb, similar options in the interior in terms or screens and so on. The Ranger gets decent mpg, better than the V6 Colorado; 10 speed standard. Both 4x4 and priced in the same ballpark. The ranger has a full size spare tire, the Colorado does not. Ford moved forward with a normal handbrake while GM still has the pedal. Both been selling for a while all around the world and they seem quite reliable.
    I understand if you say the Ridgeline is garbage, but even then, just because it is not a true truck, it is reliable and quite versatile.
    You sound like a typical GM white collar. So far, the sales of the Ranger seem to be doing ok.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to canadian.bacon For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-09-2019),Ed753 (10-08-2019),Extreme4x4 (10-08-2019),richmond2000 (10-15-2019)

  24. #29
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,807
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,395 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
    Quotes like this (without arguments) can only come from an FCA or GM fanboy. Why is it garbage ?
    The ecoboost is rated around 7500lb, the V6 7000lb and the diesel 7700lb, similar options in the interior in terms or screens and so on. The Ranger gets decent mpg, better than the V6 Colorado; 10 speed standard. Both 4x4 and priced in the same ballpark. The ranger has a full size spare tire, the Colorado does not. Ford moved forward with a normal handbrake while GM still has the pedal. Both been selling for a while all around the world and they seem quite reliable.
    I understand if you say the Ridgeline is garbage, but even then, just because it is not a true truck, it is reliable and quite versatile.
    You sound like a typical GM white collar. So far, the sales of the Ranger seem to be doing ok.
    To be fair, Ranger has lost out to the GM midsizers in pretty much every media comparison test so far. It's a fine truck and I wouldn't mind if the state replaced my F-150 with one, but it's not really such a huge improvement over the GM trucks.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FenwickHockey65 For This Useful Post:

    eklauss (10-11-2019),Evo69 (10-09-2019),TruckMan (10-09-2019)

  26. #30
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,424
    Thanks
    12,805
    Thanked 8,697 Times in 5,085 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Looks cool, and for once GM has some good pictures!

    Is this a true new model or just some sheet metal changes?
    Neither, not new model, no new tin.


    Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    Love it, other than I wish they would have changed the headlights, never been a fan of them. That ZR2 looks cool as hell. Hopefully some updates in the interior as well.
    Right badge-eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    If I had to nitpick something on it. The headlights would be it...there's something "not intended for the US market" about them. A scaled down '19 Silverado-esque setup would've been perfect
    Looks like they tried to make it look like the Silverado without changing anything other than the grille, still kind of hard to tell, need to see a standard version that has a front bumper to get a real understanding at what'll look like.


    Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    Wow, front grill update, how exciting.

    It would be nice to see a 10 speed tranny and new interior, but I'm guessing that would be asking too much -- save those for 5 years in the future. Sigh.
    Don't forget the Ford-like tailgate, which even I don't care for..............


    Quote Originally Posted by Myron 65 View Post
    I guess I better hurry up and decide if I want a mid size pickup and buy a 2020 cause that front is ugly.
    What I was thinking..............


    Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    To be fair, Ranger has lost out to the GM midsizers in pretty much every media comparison test so far. It's a fine truck and I wouldn't mind if the state replaced my F-150 with one, but it's not really such a huge improvement over the GM trucks.
    Fair-enough, but is it "garbage", that is the question...............
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed753 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-09-2019)

  28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2