GM Inside News Forum banner

GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

12K views 95 replies 52 participants last post by  CaptainDan 
#1 ·
New Chevrolet Colorado Unveiled
New design features on Colorado ZR2 race truck and Colorado ZR2 SEMA vehicle
General Motors

October 8, 2019

DETROIT — Today, Chevrolet debuts a new look for its Colorado midsize truck franchise. The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado will make its first public appearance at the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic on Oct.10, driven by Hall Racing. The 2021 Colorado ZR2 will then debut at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

The Colorado lineup will now feature greater differentiation from trim to trim and the addition of the new “Sand Dune Metallic” exterior paint color option available on the Z71 and ZR2 models. All Colorado variants will also include revised front Chevy “bowtie” emblems and embossed “Chevrolet” tailgates in place of the traditional Chevy bowtie on the rear end of the vehicles.

“We’ve sold 520,000 Colorado pickups in five years through a relentless, foot-on-the-gas approach to product and feature updates,” said Bob Krapes, director of marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “With its new-look front end and tailgate, Colorado will now have a more aggressive appearance to match its award-winning capability.”

The WT, LT and Z71 Colorado trim levels will all receive updated center bars, lower fascias and front skid plates for 2021. WT and LT will feature all-new gold Chevy bowtie logos, while Z71 receives a black bowtie logo.

The ZR2 off-road performance variant will receive a new appearance to match its standout capability. ZR2 will be the only Colorado model to feature the all-new, lettered, flow-through “Chevrolet” front fascia. ZR2’s new front end provides drivers with improved visibility and looks even more aggressive, which adds to its dynamic, “segment of one” appearance.

ZR2, with its revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSVTM position-sensitive dampers, standard front and rear electronic locking differentials, 2-inch suspension lift, 3.5-inch wider track, off-road rocker protection, cast iron control arms, Autotrac transfer case, and multiple skid plates, will now come equipped with standard red tow hooks as well.

The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado goes on sale next year. Pricing will be announced closer to production. All 2021 Colorado models will be built at General Motors’ Wentzville Assembly Center in Wentzville, Missouri.

See less See more
Reactions: Dheart
#5 ·
I drove past a new Land Rover Discovery last week and noticed the rear license plate was offset to one side. I know the older ones were like that because the way everything in the back was shaped but the back of the new Discovery's are no longer like that. It looked off and bothered me a little more than it should of, lol.

Reactions: Z Fury
#7 ·
Not bad, kinda reminds me of the military ZH2 HD Silverado concept truck fascia. I think this face lift is for the ZR2 series off road Colorado though, the regular ones might look slightly different with the traditional bar and bowtie in the middle.

Reactions: Dheart and jzchev28
#24 ·
I really like the looks of the current ZR2, and see a lot of them around my small town. This...................... ummm................... I will have to see in person before I decide. A bit too much new HD for me (which I have seen on the road now, and it doesn't look better in person).

#26 ·
Looks like a decent exterior refresh. I do agree about the headlights - they could stand to be modernized up to LEDs.

My wife has a 2016 Z71 Colorado and she loves it. It's been a great little truck for her. Only one slight issue with an EGR valve (I think) that cost me $40 to replace. Otherwise she has 50k trouble free miles.

#35 ·
Judging by last 3rd quarter results Ranger would have to increase their sales by a 3rd to catch the Twins. Once all the Ford Fans who want a Ranger, have one, the numbers will come down. It really is a subpar pickup. I doubt the next version will be, but this one is really just a place holder.

#45 · (Edited)
"Ranger is garbage"...

Not something you need to respond to, it's kinda like having a conversation with a baby having a temper tantrum. You think you can talk to them, but all they want is attention.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Ranger personally, although Ford makes exceptional engines. I know Ford can do better, the Ranger is still something of a non One-Ford product that's been partially updated for the US, but not fully. So it has some weird quirks and they've only been able to upgrade the suspension system so much, it has flaws I don't want to see in a modern truck from Ford...in the US anyway. The one thing I really don't like seeing in a Ford pickup is Axle Wrap, something prone to torquey engines but shouldn't be allowed on a new Ford truck. To me it's evidence they couldn't make two very different technology cooperate (EcoBoost and T6). A new Ranger arrives in 2023 with electrification and a 2.7L V6 for the Raptor, but I hate saying 'just wait until the next one'.

Ranger is in no-danger of outselling the GM twins, Ford doesn't really want to sell that many and they aren't making that many, they are running only 1 shift at MAP.

By all accounts, the GM Midsizers are still excellent, besting the Ranger in some comparisons (not all of them). Ford did take a different approach to Ranger which is interesting, a more rugged traditional pickup. Steel bumpers, better towing and payload. That tends to come with some compromises to suspension compliance, but ultimately what a Ranger customer wants is often different than what the Auto journalists wants.

#49 ·
Holy Crap!
He had one job to do and couldn't even get the bowtie centered.
That's what happens during a strike when you ask management to work the line.
Hopefully GM remembered to install the engine, transmission and brakes too.

Reactions: kmacleod
#50 ·
You can't expect management to do 'skilled' line work. Unless you take skill out of the equation.

Nope, no engine or transmission. GM and GE merged to form GEM and every vehicle will be total electric starting.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.