Corvette C8 Rear Possibly Leaked

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette C8 Rear Possibly Leaked

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 598 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Corvette C8 Rear Possibly Leaked

Terrible Pic but that's bad!
    Last edited by Envoy4Life; 07-08-2019 at 03:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambalanche For This Useful Post:

SKH (07-08-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Re: Corvette C8 Rear undisguised!

So it looks like a Camaro with some vents in the bumper corners?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 598 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Pretty much! Going to wait for the full reveal but this has me not excited!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,701 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

Quote Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post

So it looks like a Camaro with some vents in the bumper corners?
    It has a familial similarity just like other car manufacturers use, and that picture is taken from a weird vantage point with the car clearly pointing downward, which is why you can barely see the hatch. The flare from the camera flash isn’t helping matters either.

I’m sure it will look very attractive when it is revealed, so I’m reserving full judgement until Chevrolet releases more flattering pictures in 10 days. This looks like suspiciously like another GM staged leak. Shock, horror it’s awful! And then next week...Wow that’s pretty sweet.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-08-2019),criticalmass (07-09-2019),Evo69 (07-09-2019),mbukukanyau (07-08-2019),SRFCTY (07-09-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

Distorted and a bad angle.

This rendering is pretty close. Looks much better when you can see the rest of the car.
    https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gress-140.html

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-08-2019),BlackGTP (07-08-2019),bronco5280 (07-08-2019),criticalmass (07-09-2019),ksr (07-08-2019),Mr.Buttons (07-08-2019),SKH (07-08-2019),SRFCTY (07-09-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 rockyspaw's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 G6 GXP 05 Rainier 81 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by SKH View Post
    It has a familial similarity just like other car manufacturers use, and that picture is taken from a weird vantage point with the car clearly pointing downward, which is why you can barely see the hatch. The flare from the camera flash isn’t helping matters either.

I’m sure it will look very attractive when it is revealed, so I’m reserving full judgement until Chevrolet releases more flattering pictures in 10 days. This looks like suspiciously like another GM staged leak. Shock, horror it’s awful! And then next week...Wow that’s pretty sweet.
    I hope you are right...can't wait for the reveal!
    I wish they all could be California squirrels!
    Past Rides: 2003 Grand Am GT1 (saved me), 1995 Bonneville SLE (RIP), 1986 635 CSi, 1984 Estate Wagon, 1978 Malibu Classic, 1978 Corvette, 1975 Vega Kammback (Miss ya'), 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (STFU...it got me there!)

"Nothing happens until something happens then everything happens!"

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Due to the way the photo was taken, there are lots of weird things going on, especially on the very right side of the picture. It looks like we are seeing a little bit of the side DLO, but we should also see more of the flank of the car, but there is a fuzzy yellow element blocking that area. It’s probably the stanchion holding up the yellow chain. If I cover up that little DLO area (as it is very distracting) and focus on the other 90% it actually looks pretty good.

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post

This rendering is pretty close. Looks much better when you can see the rest of the car.

It really doesn't, but to each his own.

To me, it doesn't look like it belongs on the car - like they just grafted another vehicle's rear onto this car.

I'll of course wait for final judgment until we see it revealed, but I'm not impressed so far.
    Last edited by rmc523; 07-08-2019 at 11:40 AM.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post

That side scoop on the rendering is totally wrong, (all of the renders have this element wrong, imo)but I get your point.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,116 Times in 2,375 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Heck, I like it. With the lighting elements lit up it looks damn good too. Just something we've never seen on the Corvette and we will have to get used to it.

The spoiler looks really funky with it being so thin though.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

Evo69 (07-09-2019),SKH (07-08-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 772 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Saw this earlier this morning, and my only thoughts were . No lighting or camera angles can fit this mess of confusion. I'll reserve final judgement till the reveal, but I've always thought of the Vette as a car that is badass, yet can be sexy in the right configuration. This car looks like a 13 year old boy went wild with drawing out his "dream car". And those taillights... I've never heard anyone say they loved the taillights on the C7 or C6 Camaro. I think it's really going to lose the loyalists who have bought new Corvettes every few years. I think it would be fine as an additional model, but to completely replace an iconic and loved format seems nuts to me. It'll perform very well on the track, I can guarantee that, but the Vette owners I know drag race their Vettes... I don't know of any that actually hit the road courses with them.

To think that we had this perfect design just a few years ago, and now we're at the above....

The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,116 Times in 2,375 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    Saw this earlier this morning, and my only thoughts were . No lighting or camera angles can fit this mess of confusion. I'll reserve final judgement till the reveal, but I've always thought of the Vette as a car that is badass, yet can be sexy in the right configuration. This car looks like a 13 year old boy went wild with drawing out his "dream car". And those taillights... I've never heard anyone say they loved the taillights on the C7 or C6 Camaro. I think it's really going to lose the loyalists who have bought new Corvettes every few years. I think it would be fine as an additional model, but to completely replace an iconic and loved format seems nuts to me. It'll perform very well on the track, I can guarantee that, but the Vette owners I know drag race their Vettes... I don't know of any that actually hit the road courses with them.

To think that we had this perfect design just a few years ago, and now we're at the above....

I never liked the circle lights on the C6. Just really didnt. They needed something new for it to really pop and kind of went really boring on the rear end of the C6. By far the weakest design element on the car.

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I never liked the circle lights on the C6. Just really didnt. They needed something new for it to really pop and kind of went really boring on the rear end of the C6. By far the weakest design element on the car.
    Agree with you. I was more than ready for the move away from the old round lights, a move that some people will never forgive. It was time for a change. I think the C7 is just brilliant.

That first picture quality is just poor and taken at a weird angle. I think it will look good when revealed.

I am disappointed that the old story that C7 and C8 would be produced together turned out not to be true. I think the C7 could have lived on, maybe with an MCE. But if memory serves, was the original thought that the mid-engine C8 would be far more expensive? Isn't it supposed to only bump up about $5K?
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-08-2019),criticalmass (07-09-2019),SKH (07-08-2019)

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Heck, I like it. With the lighting elements lit up it looks damn good too. Just something we've never seen on the Corvette and we will have to get used to it.

The spoiler looks really funky with it being so thin though.
    It’s probably thin looking due to the angle of the picture, and the flash of the camera.

SKH
    Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post

I love the C6, especially the rear, but going in a totally different direction didn’t seem to hurt the C7, and now years on from the launch, it looks fine to most observers. No doubt the same will hold true for the C8. The shock of the new takes time for most people to digest and process.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

Mr.Buttons (07-08-2019)

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information