Chevy Debuting Two New Flavors of Sonic in LA

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Debuting Two New Flavors of Sonic in LA

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Chevy Debuting Two New Flavors of Sonic in LA

Sonic RS sedan, Sonic Dusk appearing in LA this week.
    www.GMInsideNews.com
    November 18, 2013
    By: Nick Saporito

LOS ANGELES - Today Chevrolet announced that two new variants of the Chevrolet Sonic will be revealed in Los Angeles this week. According to the brand a Sonic RS sedan and an all-new Sonic Dusk will be revealed at this week's show.

While the RS sedan is somewhat self-explanatory, the Sonic Dusk is based off of a 2011 concept. The Dusk concept was essentially a high-end version of the little Sonic, with revised exterior and interior trims. Chevy released the above teaser photo of the Dusk, confirming that it will at least have a revised headlamp treatment.

The new Sonics come to the L.A. show along with the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, which has already been confirmed. All of the new Chevy products will be making their appearance on November 20th and GMI will be on-site for the reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    LOS ANGELES – Sixty percent of the Chevrolet vehicles on display at this year’s LA Auto Show will be making their first appearance at the show, wrapping up one of the brand’s most significant years with 13 new or significantly redesigned products launching in 2013 in the United States.

Chevrolet will unveil the all-new 2015 Colorado on November 20 at the show. The Colorado is engineered to be the most versatile and technologically advanced midsize pickup truck in the market.

In addition to the Colorado, Chevrolet plans to introduce two new sedans to the Sonic family, the Sonic RS Sedan and the Sonic Dusk. Both represent Chevrolet’s commitment to bringing new, younger customers to the brand by offering vehicles with advanced technology and functionality at attractive prices.

“Chevrolet has one of the freshest portfolios in the industry which enhances our ability to attract new customers in our showrooms, particularly for our new products,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “This year we established a solid foundation for the brand and we will continue to build on that momentum into 2014.”

In California, total Chevrolet retail sales in California have increased more than 21 percent year over year, led by vehicles such as the Cruze, Impala, Spark and Volt.

Other Chevrolet vehicles making their first appearance at the LA Auto Show include the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible, SS Performance Sedan, the fuel-efficient Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel, the track-focused Camaro Z28 and the all-new Chevrolet Silverado.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Wishing I was Sitting by the Pool with Nicki Minaj
    Thanks

Re: Chevy Debuting Two New Flavors of Sonic in LA

Question is will they boast performance or power upticks as well? The Sonic is hands down the best performing sub-compact on the market. It could easily whip the Fiesta ST if it had equal HP

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

Is the Colorado the "Something Big" Mark Reuss was talking about in September?
    He went so far as to describe this surprise as a “linchpin” of the Chevrolet brand.
    Though I really can't see the new Colorado being the "linchpin" for Chevrolet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Evo69's Avatar
    Thanks

About time Chevy did a RS Sonic sedan, the RS appearance package is a popular option on the Cruze and it should work with the Sonic. By the way, I wonder what happened to that Malibu LTZ concept. I saw pics of all Chevy's offering except the LTZ concept. I think the Malibu would benefit from a good RS package too.
    Hidden Content
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Evo69 For This Useful Post:

DirtyMoney (11-18-2013)

Banned
    Wishing I was Sitting by the Pool with Nicki Minaj
    Thanks

^^^ with the new aggressive nose, the Malibu would be so cool with a sportier package. Love that car

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LovelyMoon For This Useful Post:

Evo69 (11-18-2013)

Thanks

I think the Dusk is a very good decision. Instead of selling the Sonic as a hot hatch, which is isn't compared to the Fiesta, selling it as a very good handling compact luxury car with good tech packages is a space that the Fiesta isn't as competitive.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

There is no questions and there is no box below, only above the request to verify what I am or am not.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Sonic RS, 2013 Focus 5dr

Woah, I was just watching motorweek from this weekend and they had the Sonic RS on. Wtaching that made me wonder what happened to the Dusk then I come on here and see this.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,639 Times in 5,586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyMoon View Post
    ^^^ with the new aggressive nose, the Malibu would be so cool with a sportier package. Love that car
    With it and a sporty package, a coupe would be sick.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

DirtyMoney (11-18-2013),ryannel2003 (11-18-2013)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Live001's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Chevrolet Impala LT

I'm looking foward to seeing the new versions of the Sonic although I think a Corvette Dusk edition would be absolutely awesome.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 734 Posts

I thinkmany of the tranny problems mentioned below is just the way the tranny is set up software wise. I didn't experience this issue in the Encore which is geared more for performance than fuel economy.
    If GM stubbornly refuses to admit to the problem than they need to put in a Sport Mode for the sutomatics in all their cars which would get rid of the problem once and for all.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 11-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

Quote Originally Posted by Evo69 View Post
    About time Chevy did a RS Sonic sedan, the RS appearance package is a popular option on the Cruze and it should work with the Sonic. By the way, I wonder what happened to that Malibu LTZ concept. I saw pics of all Chevy's offering except the LTZ concept. I think the Malibu would benefit from a good RS package too.
    Are you talking about the SEMA concept? If so, I was looking for a live picture of that thing to no avail.
    6 speed transmissions are the future

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Wake me up when the Sonic spawns a coupe...or more horsepower. Wasn't the Dusk already revealed for production? I'm confused.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/25/c...sk-sedan-sema/

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 FUTURE_OF_GM's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really understand GM's angle with the Dusk offerings...

1) Show concept with production intent.
    2) Announce production version YEARS after concept has all but been forgotten.
    3) Assign ABSOLUTELY. NO. MARKETING. to said car, despite it being an 'image pitch'.
    4) Sell 5 to 10 copies of car.

I've seen exactly 2 Camaro Dusk cars on Chevrolet lots since that program was announced. I can't even fathom how "off the radar" that package is for someone who isn't obsessed with cars/GM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Remember that the link above is a lawyer's website. He is trolling for Lemon Law cases which is his business.
    Last edited by NoStopN; 11-18-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Please don't feed the trolls.
    Current Driveway Fleet:
    2017 Chevrolet Trax Premier
    2016 Malibu Hybrid
    2013 Sonic LTZ HB
    2003 Porsche Boxster S (sunny days and track events)
    April 2008 to August 2017 - 2008 Colorado CrewCab Z71 RWD. 81K miles and 21.2 mpg with a great truck
    May 2014 to June 2016 - Cruze Diesel - 36.8 mpg over 33K miles with best tank of 50.2 mpg
    April 2012 to May 2014 - Chevy Volt - 3 tanks of gas in 12.2K miles.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information