Chevy Blazer Review: "How could something so cheap-feeling cost so much?" - Page 11

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy Blazer Review: "How could something so cheap-feeling cost so much?"

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Chevy Blazer Review: "How could something so cheap-feeling cost so much?"

Out of the 3, the Chevy looks best. Problem is that there's going to be little ---- done to cheapen the Chevy like omitting one touch up power windows for the front passenger side & adjustable shoulder height seatbelts. Little ---- to save a few cents on the buck.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,022 Times in 2,325 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    But isnt everyone hurting saleswise? I saw the last report...there was a lot of red for damn near everybody. GM is just trying to go about cost reduction the best way they know how...cutting labor.

Give them credit for learning their lesson from 10 years ago...the UAW will suck them dry and not lose a night of sleep. GM is now playing the same game by hurting the UAW by shifting production. Eventually the UAW will cave because the alternative is either no work at all or relying on shady startups for work.
    Yea, there was some red for everybody but GM's cash cows are the hardest hit of the whole market.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of the 3, the Chevy looks best. Problem is that there's going to be little ---- done to cheapen the Chevy like omitting one touch up power windows for the front passenger side & adjustable shoulder height seatbelts. Little ---- to save a few cents on the buck.
    I get that.. and agree.. But where do these omissions start popping up.. and are they omissions based on trim? The trims I would get, seemingly would nit be affected.

From the Manual:

Window Express Movement
    All windows can be opened without
    holding the window switch. Press
    the switch down fully and quickly
    release to express open the
    window.
    If equipped, pull the window switch
    up fully and quickly release to
    express close the window.
    Briefly press or pull the window
    switch in the same direction to stop
    that window’s express movement.
    Window Automatic Reversal
    System
    The express-close feature will
    reverse window movement if it
    comes in contact with an object.
    Extreme cold or ice could cause the
    window to auto-reverse. The
    window will operate normally after
    the object or condition is removed.

Remote Window Operation
    If equipped, this feature allows all
    the windows to be opened remotely.
    If enabled in vehicle personalization,
    press and hold K on the RKE
    transmitter. See Vehicle
    Personalization 0 152.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMiatso DaBang View Post
    I get that.. and agree.. But where do these omissions start popping up.. and are they omissions based on trim? The trims I would get, seemingly would nit be affected.

From the Manual:

Window Express Movement
    window.
    System

Remote Window Operation
    transmitter. See Vehicle
    Personalization 0 152.
    Right, but the key omission even in the manual is that while they mention that all windows can be opened without holding the switch...they never state explicitly that they all can be closed the same. They then go on to mention in the same paragraph the express close feature as if all windows were operated the same but being careful not to mention all windows closing without holding the switch. Almost as if it were written by lawyers.

I'll check my manual when i get out of the office, but I'd wager my manual states the same. Crazy part about all of this is I never would've noticed had my wife not made me watch a review on the Avenir where it was pointed out.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 05-16-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,022 Times in 2,325 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

From the Manual:

Window Express Movement
    window.
    System

Remote Window Operation
    transmitter. See Vehicle
    Personalization 0 152.
    Windows, power with driver Express-Up/Down and front passenger and rear seat passengers Express-Down S S S S S S
    Driver is the only window with express up/down.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CMiatso DaBang's Avatar
    Thanks

Side bar.. Has anyone ever found that EXPRESS UP/DOWN can sometimes be annoying though? I mean.. some days I love it.. but more often.. I hate it. I prefer the DOWN more than the UP.. because the UP.. always catches me by surprise and I have to *blip* it back down a few notches.
    My current crop is 2016 CTSV Fully loaded, 2016 Corvette Z06 3LT fully loaded, 2015 GMC Yukon SLT Fully loaded, 2014 Impala LTZ, fully loaded, 2011 Chevy Cruze (kid's) LTZ, fully loaded, 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 4spd Muncie 3.73 gears, 2003 Harley Softail with Rinehart exhaust Hidden Content

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMiatso DaBang For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-16-2019),BlackGTP (05-16-2019),buildacariwant (05-17-2019),Mr.Buttons (05-16-2019)

Thanks

Side bar.. Has anyone ever found that EXPRESS UP/DOWN can sometimes be annoying though? I mean.. some days I love it.. but more often.. I hate it. I prefer the DOWN more than the UP.. because the UP.. always catches me by surprise and I have to *blip* it back down a few notches.
    I can be OCD about a few things, with that said sometimes when I want to roll my windows halfway down, I try to get all 4 to line up perfectly...it becomes a hairy bleep when they try to auto up/down when I'm just trying to move it a few inches.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (05-16-2019),buildacariwant (05-17-2019),CMiatso DaBang (05-16-2019),Mr.Buttons (05-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 3,707 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I can be OCD about a few things, with that said sometimes when I want to roll my windows halfway down, I try to get all 4 to line up perfectly...it becomes a hairy bleep when they try to auto up/down when I'm just trying to move it a few inches.
    If in a parking lot on a hot, sunny day I like to crack the windows a half inch, the auto down can make that a frustrating process! I wish they had a "crack the window" option to put all 4 windows down a half inch. Similar to the knob they have to stop the rear tailgate on SUV/CUV's fully in the garage.

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,020 Times in 3,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InCogKneeToe View Post
    Not only that. Ford may have picked up Ohio Plant to meet the New Demands for Escapes/Explorers. Toyota could have picked up Arlington, to handle the New Demands for Corollas, and Camry's, and so on.

The pieces of Old GM, had a Value, and Too Big to Fail, didn't mean that Demand was going to disappear, it would just move elsewhere.

And of speaking of "Playing the Market" I am very grateful that I didn't have any investment in "Old GM" but Mary, seems to be doing Great with her New GM stocks.
    I had a bunch of stock in old GM. My adviser almost begged me to dump it. I refused. I somehow felt some strange obligation to hold on to it until the end. Also, I'm not a fan of selling things for less than I bought them for. I figured in the end I'd at least get some worthless certificate I could frame and hang on the wall. Nope, not even a reach around.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (05-17-2019),Shotgun (05-16-2019)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    I had a bunch of stock in old GM. My adviser almost begged me to dump it. I refused. I somehow felt some strange obligation to hold on to it until the end. Also, I'm not a fan of selling things for less than I bought them for. I figured in the end I'd at least get some worthless certificate I could frame and hang on the wall. Nope, not even a reach around.
    I sold my meager 100 shares in GM on the final day of typical trading for a bit over a buck each, paid a bit over $8/share. Used my loss to purchase 100 shares of Ford at $1.74 which has worked out rather well given the 6.5% dividend.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tripowergto Jan2003 View Post
    I sold my meager 100 shares in GM on the final day of typical trading for a bit over a buck each, paid a bit over $8/share. Used my loss to purchase 100 shares of Ford at $1.74 which has worked out rather well given the 6.5% dividend.
    I think I had about $4,000 in old GM stock.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

That's shameful...Were you at the very least offered lube since the reach around was off the table?.
    Last edited by Mr.Buttons; 05-17-2019 at 09:09 AM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Yeah. That feature on my Nissan if you touch the switch a tad too long and it's headed all the way down is normal operation but if it's not what you wanted at that time the you have to hit it again and put it up to where you really wanted it. Up goes in the same fashion too. Ahh, but such is life

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

CMiatso DaBang (05-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    That's shameful...We're at the very least offered lube since the reach around was off the table?.

No lube, no kissing, no nothin'.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 GTO, 2013 VOLT

I had much more than you. I did not sell because I believed that Obama would not let the union get busted, hence no bankruptcy. Well I was right about him not letting the union go down, but wrong on the BK. I did not understand all the nuances that different BK’s had. My bad. Lost a lot, but ended up getting it back, in a sense, when I bought my Volt. The 7500 plus 3k from the state covered my losses. I broke even.
    Goldman Sachs , AIG , Wells Fargo, Berkshire Hathaway , UAW, & SEIU.......Todays organized crime mobs

22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information