Chevrolet loses money selling cheap Corvettes - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chevrolet loses money selling cheap Corvettes

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,046 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: Chevrolet loses money selling cheap Corvettes

Couldnt access the photos of your 2019 grand sport yet thank you for sharing. Im sure its an amazing vehicle...

What options? What colors? How much of a discount percentage wise if you prefer...

Either way have fun. Truly a fantastic buy!

Merry christmas to both you guys! Its been tempting as hell yet Even though Ive heard the first year of a new generation isnt the greatest to purchase for various reasons...after four decades of hearing anout the rear mid engine corvette...i just have to own one...

Im getting mine from criswell down in maryland. Mike Furman has been selling corvettes for 42 years...he is a sponsor over at the www.midenginecorvetteforum.com Ive been enjoying.

JB
    Last edited by JBsZ06; 12-17-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

yamahr1 (12-18-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

I finally figured out how to see your corvette c7....wow what a beauty. Your color choice of the vehicle and how it coordinates with the convertible roof and the interior is shockingly beautiful.

Im always amazed...

Best of luck with your new ride. Really fantastic...

JB
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

yamahr1 (12-18-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

I believe vagon11 got a beautiful white Grand sport if everything went as planned? Tell is about your new ride...

Its raining new corvettes !
    Last edited by JBsZ06; 12-17-2019 at 11:48 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    I finally figured out how to see your corvette c7....wow what a beauty. Your color choice of the vehicle and how it coordinates with the convertible roof and the interior is shockingly beautiful.

Im always amazed...

Best of luck with your new ride. Really fantastic...

JB
    Glad you were able to access the photos, and thanks very much for the compliments. To me it was the most interesting combo of what was in dealer stock in about a 500 mile radius. Once you select down to manual trans, Grand Sport convertible, 2LT or 3LT trim (mine is 2LT), there were scant few cars to choose from, usually either black or white. But I had my eye on this one from back in early November, and fortunately when the deals got better in December I finally decided to pull the trigger and the car was still available.

So to answer your questions about pricing, my car has competition sport seats, body color exterior vents, battery protection package (basically a trickle charger that plugs into the trunk), carbon flash badge package, carbon fiber interior package, machined-face wheels, performance data recorder with nav, and the 2LT package (which has the major features of seat memory, heated and ventilated seats, HUD, and front curb view cameras, plus a couple others thingies). Total MSRP was $83,425. Advertised price in December was very good at around $68,990 (including the $2K current rebate), plus we got another $1,500 for GM employee certificate and $500 for currently leasing another GM. After a couple of little dealer charges, the bill came to $67,007. Over $16K off is a good deal in my book! The heavy pain part comes now registering the car in NJ, when I'll get dinged near another $5,000 in sales tax. Crooks!!

Hope you're still enjoying your Z51!
    Last edited by yamahr1; 12-19-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Forgot the delivery charge in the MSRP

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Casting doubt on the C8 already...Screw MotorTrend.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    I believe vagon11 got a beautiful white Grand sport if everything went as planned? Tell is about your new ride...

Its raining new corvettes !
    Thanks for asking. I've attached a quick pic. It really was one of the easier transactions. They started really low on my trade, but came up to a number I could live with. Drove it home the same day I looked. It is a auto, 2LT with PDR. I am really liking the white. I'd seen a white with the black wheels around town I thought looked fantastic. Now I have one too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vagon11 For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (12-20-2019),tripowergto Jan2003 (12-19-2019),TruckMan (12-20-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,243 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

The only time I wish that I didn't have three kids is when I go car shopping. I'd have a Vette in my driveway right now. I love the look of the C7's.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    The only time I wish that I didn't have three kids is when I go car shopping. I'd have a Vette in my driveway right now. I love the look of the C7's.
    I understand your pain. We couldn't opt for a 2 seater until we became empty nesters which beckoned in our new C7, WOO HOO!!

Certainly no regrets but, we would have purchased a new Solstice GXP when they were current instead of paying for college.
    Last edited by tripowergto Jan2003; 12-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,243 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Quote Originally Posted by tripowergto Jan2003 View Post
    I understand your pain. We couldn't opt for a 2 seater until we became empty nesters which beckoned in our new C7, WOO HOO!!

Certainly no regrets but, we would have purchased a new Solstice GXP when they were current otherwise instead of paying for college.
    I will definitely have a Vette (or similar) when my kids go to college.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

Thanks
    So if I buy a cheap Corvette I am sticking to GM ?
    2004 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 RCLB , 4.3 liter v6 5 speed .
    1985 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe 4x2 long bed 5 liter auto .

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

How can Ford claim to be profitable with the Mach E, but GM can't with the base Corvette?

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345