Chevrolet announces electric full-size pickup with 400-mile range - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chevrolet announces electric full-size pickup with 400-mile range

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 787 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Re: Chevrolet announces electric full-size pickup with 400-mile range

Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    It looks amazing!

So glad to see we've moved past; "Just wait until next year"...................

"General Motors confirmed one of the 20 electric cars it plans to release by 2023.........."

LOL - Why change when you make hundreds of millions on Silverados?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

I’m betting this will be a EV version of the Silverado since GMC dealerships will have the Hummer brand to sell. Leaving Cadillac to offer a EV version of the Slade. GM has and continues to poor money into the 3rd party company EVGo. There was dedicated chargers here in LA for the Bolts that were in the Maven Program. EVGo continues to expand at a good pace across the US. If you look at the accumulated effort between all of the 3rd party companies they are competitive to Tesla’s network.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,893 Times in 2,748 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    I’m betting this will be a EV version of the Silverado since GMC dealerships will have the Hummer brand to sell. Leaving Cadillac to offer a EV version of the Slade. GM has and continues to poor money into the 3rd party company EVGo. There was dedicated chargers here in LA for the Bolts that were in the Maven Program. EVGo continues to expand at a good pace across the US. If you look at the accumulated effort between all of the 3rd party companies they are competitive to Tesla’s network.
    Not really. They all need a different plug. Most of them only charge up to 50kW. Then, to top it off, most of the 3rd party chargers only have 1 or 2 per charging area.

eVgo has over 800 locations and the new locations are getting 4 chargers per location. Chargepoint is just at 1400 chargers.

Superchargers are over 7400 locations and they have over 12,000 chargers.

I wish GM a lot of luck but relying on EVgo and Chargepoint is making another company money while they could be doing the work themselves.
    Hidden Content

Hers:
    2020 Palisade SEL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (07-22-2020)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

GM is taking the right approach by not risking profitability. The Transition period between Gasoline and electrics will be long and difficult for lots of companies.

Some might not survive.

Owning technology is going to make or break. As far as I can tell , only GM and Tesla have ownership of cell Chemistry.

GM Chem is commercial, Tesla is experimental from that little San Diego company Maxwell
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 07-21-2020 at 10:56 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (07-21-2020),gkr778 (07-21-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 478 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

Based on media that have seen the Chevy EV truck, they described that it looked like an Avalanche. I'd like to see the return of the Avalanche with the midgate that can be lowered.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...ium-foundation

Chevrolet pickup

This one was shown to us merely in picture form—and briefly. Those who have been pining for the return of the cult-following Avalanche personal-use pickup will be very happy, and getting it in EV form this time fits the times. Although it’s not likely to be as luxurious as the Hummer, it is likely to tap into the same battery capacity of up to 200 kwh, which should enable an impressive range.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

Cobaltss_King (07-21-2020)

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Gotta say this will a retirement present for 45 years hard slog on nightshift, my next and very last big new purchase a electric Chevy truck wow with 400 mile range & batteries that last a million miles sounds great to me, it will see me out. Good things come to those that wait, l know a Chevy EV truck won't be cheap l have built up enough to pay cash years ago. Chevy Silverado E-REV never arrived in GM showrooms l was very disappointed, hopefully this Chevrolet EV truck will before l meet my maker, a new Chevy EV truck will put a big smile on my face .

Chevrolet EV truck will be virtually maintenance free put a big smile on my face, no more smelly front/rear/trans axle, transmission & engine oil changes. No more air/smelly fuel & oil filters to replace. No more expensive exhaust systems to replace, no more valve clearances to gap, no plugs to replace no more timing to check no time belts/tensioners to replace the list just goes on and on, l won't miss doing these old unhealthy time consuming old maintenance tasks on my old truck .

Just make sure if its the Silverado EV keep it more of a a traditional truck with classic shape and you have the F-Series licked in sales department. Sad to say gasoline won't we around for ever l probably won't be around when everything turns electric. An electric truck whether you like it or not will be GM's future if they are to remain a sustainable company with a bright long term future .

One big thing l have enjoyed during this horrible COVID 19 lockdown is breathing in fresh clean air with not so many cars on the road in our neighbourhood, hopefully when GM's great new EV line-up gets up to speed it will help bring this clean air back again in the future permanently, an electric truck will have the biggest impact on cleaning up the quality of our air we breathe, this will be another great extra bonus .

400 mile range Chevy EV truck with million mile batteries sunny days ahead, happy days all the way.

Last edited by Oldsmobile stopped; 07-21-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    OLDSMOBILE - "Start Something"

100 MPG Chevrolet Silverado E-REV - Fleets only still waiting.
    Hidden Content
    Cut the dependance on Arab oil, cut the trade deficit in foreign oil.

Life is to short - drive live your dream

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Not really. They all need a different plug. Most of them only charge up to 50kW. Then, to top it off, most of the 3rd party chargers only have 1 or 2 per charging area.

eVgo has over 800 locations and the new locations are getting 4 chargers per location. Chargepoint is just at 1400 chargers.

Superchargers are over 7400 locations and they have over 12,000 chargers.

I wish GM a lot of luck but relying on EVgo and Chargepoint is making another company money while they could be doing the work themselves.
    Here are some recent numbers. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...united-states/
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillac’s newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current Rides: 13’ Audi A3 Hatch TDI
    17’ Cadillac CT6 3.6
    16’ Cadillac ELR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 528 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Ford and GM are taking unique approaches to the EV truck, preserving the frame and its flexibility (well I know Ford is anyway). That means the electrification of the platform instead of the entire vehicle allows the technology to be used in a wider variety of configurations which is something Cybertruck and others can't do. That is where Detroit will ultimately excel at making EV trucks successful. Although I will admit that Ford's unique frame and IRS suspension for it's BEV F-150 (or as they like to say, Zero Emission F-150) likely means it's only used in one configuration (SuperCrew).

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,893 Times in 2,748 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus

The numbers I posted were from March/April time frame.

That site requires a subscription.
    Hidden Content

Hers:
    2020 Palisade SEL

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information