Camaro Utility Vehicle: 2019 Chevy Blazer Premier AWD Review - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camaro Utility Vehicle: 2019 Chevy Blazer Premier AWD Review

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 768 Posts

Re: Camaro Utility Vehicle: 2019 Chevy Blazer Premier AWD Review

Still no way to turn off start/stop. This company doesn't get it and never will

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steve333 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-01-2019),buildacariwant (03-03-2019),canadian.bacon (03-01-2019),Extreme4x4 (03-01-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,030 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Not being able to turn off stop start is a huge mistake. I hate stop start and make it part of every driving exoerience in my wifes alfa stelvio ti soort...she on the other hand likes it so just having the option to easily tirn it off works for most of us.

I like the looks of tje blazer rs in bright red...

But its too pricey..

I still believe a corvette crosstrek on a ev platform would be a hige win for corvette and chevy sales...

Just give it rip roaring acceleration and low center of gravity..l

Seems like a natural win and I could easily sell that vehicle to my wife. A consumer who is brand conscious. (Sp)

Gm doesnt eealize it but that gold bow tie is a loser for most non car people like my wife...

Blacked out is a good first step but even still...i could stand on my head and my wife will always look to a different more snob appeal brand...

I could sell her easily on a corvette crosstek...

Ill go on and on about this yet since no one at gm is going to listen...they mistakenly believe people like my wife are the exception rather than the rule.

Too bad ..hopefully the gmc or cadillac version will be as appealing...buick brand is dead to many as well..its seen as an old persons brand by many non car people.

Its any of what I described logical? Absolutely not...but it is real.for the demographics of consumers gm wants and meeds to reach...

The blazer looks great in rs trim...could use the 310 hp turbo four instead of the old v6 in my opinion..l

All That said...their should be a macan sized high performance cuv in ev form in the gm cuv ev lineup...

Hopefully by 2021 that will be offered...

That is going to be the halo vehicle for the next decade.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    Jeep makes real off roaders that everyone, including women, want. GM continues to foist chickmobiles like this on to the Oprah-watching, latte sipping public. Even soiling the iconic name of a classic. Other than the Corvette, which I have, GM doesn’t make anything that I’m interested in.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DetroitIron For This Useful Post:

rjpoog1989 (03-01-2019),rockyspaw (03-01-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    I noticed that with the Equinox (thank God) and this was a total turnoff. Didnt get the Equinox and switched teams.
    I am only one example but I am sure there are many like me out there. Give me the choice.

The more new models I see, the more I am turned off by this company. What the heck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to canadian.bacon For This Useful Post:

steve333 (03-01-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

The updated 2019 Cruze has a defeat switch, no idea why Chevy chose to not offer it in the new Blazer. Bad decision if you ask me. But overall my guess is the Blazer will sell pretty well, given that people for some reason want crossovers these days.
    Last edited by dannyg; 03-01-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAngelo View Post
    Another GM hater !! I wonder if they called the Blazer the Traverse Sport if it would get a favorable review. People want crossovers, not body on frame SUV's and the Blazer is a name from the past. It will sell like crazy just like the Equinox !!
    Some of us would love a body-on-frame SUV that is smaller than a Tahoe.

EDIT - ...that doesn't cost $60K...
    Last edited by Z Fury; 03-01-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z Fury For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-01-2019),buildacariwant (03-03-2019),Dr.Show-Me (03-01-2019),Mr.Buttons (03-01-2019),rockyspaw (03-01-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitIron View Post
    Jeep makes real off roaders that everyone, including women, want. GM continues to foist chickmobiles like this on to the Oprah-watching, latte sipping public. Even soiling the iconic name of a classic. Other than the Corvette, which I have, GM doesn’t make anything that I’m interested in.
    By the looks of the scattering of the Camaro team, apparently there will be no 7th Gen Camaro. The good name of Camaro will likely resurface as a midsize crossover with design cues from whatever the 7th gen was supposed to look like.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 2,496 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    The Edge has been charging these prices for years and is doing just fine with nearly identical equipment and features. Granted the ST seems to be a better value for the top-end price.

I don't think critics understand this segment or customer very well. It's ultimately a mid-luxury vehicle in many ways.

I'm not a huge fan of the Blazer's Camaro design, I think it's a confusing mix for a vehicle typically targeting higher-end female customers. But it's a striking design none-the-less and looks more premium than Chevy's typical utilities. GM is pretty good at selling utilities right now so I'm willing to bet they did their homework. I would still prefer the more sophisticated look of Edge, Grand Cherokee (sorta competes), or even Honda Passport, but if you're shopping Murano then the Blazer is the only other vehicle offering a similarly striking design.

Blazer is a great name, but probably a distracting choice among critics that just can't help themselves talk about what Blazer means to them. It's a little like critics concluding that the Edge ST is replacing the Focus ST...it's not...so critics collectively rebel on a completely irrelevant point. Critics are just terrible customer research agents.
    The problem with the pricing is that it absolutely BALLOONS up the instant you start adding options and you have to add options to get things that are standard in every other vehicle in this class.

It's the fact that nothing in the Blazer is class leading. It gives GM's own customers a different vehicle to buy instead of outside customers a reason to buy a vehicle.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-01-2019),91fairladyZ (03-01-2019),Extreme4x4 (03-01-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAngelo View Post
    Another GM hater !! I wonder if they called the Blazer the Traverse Sport if it would get a favorable review. People want crossovers, not body on frame SUV's and the Blazer is a name from the past. It will sell like crazy just like the Equinox !!
    And it should be called the Equinox RS/SS Sport XL.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 671 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    The problem with the pricing is that it absolutely BALLOONS up the instant you start adding options and you have to add options to get things that are standard in every other vehicle in this class.
    As I have said - if I build a Blazer as I want it with a V6 I almost get to my Cadillac XT5. I like my Caddy much better!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    By the looks of the scattering of the Camaro team, apparently there will be no 7th Gen Camaro. The good name of Camaro will likely resurface as a midsize crossover with design cues from whatever the 7th gen was supposed to look like.
    It's working wonders for the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    It's working wonders for the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.
    That fact has not been lost on GM management.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 rockyspaw's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 G6 GXP 05 Rainier 81 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    Offer a true 2-door coupe variant and call it Nomad...I'll buy it!
    Last edited by rockyspaw; 03-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    I wish they all could be California squirrels!
    Past Rides: 2003 Grand Am GT1 (saved me), 1995 Bonneville SLE (RIP), 1986 635 CSi, 1984 Estate Wagon, 1978 Malibu Classic, 1978 Corvette, 1975 Vega Kammback (Miss ya'), 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (STFU...it got me there!)

"Nothing happens until something happens then everything happens!"

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,554 Times in 773 Posts

Unfortunately, those positive attributes can’t overcome the Blazer’s high price and an overall impression that Chevrolet just didn’t try very hard with this one.

Can say this about everything they do except for the Vette.
    Lazy company, lazy CEO
    I wouldn't blame the CEO, GM is actually turning a profit - can't be mad about that. GM should've done either of 2 things:
    1. Figure out how to build this CUV off of Alpha and keep it @ this pricepoint.
    or
    2. Build it as a 3 row FWD CUV, that would've actually been worth the premium over the Traverse.

The Edge got away w/ its pricing on the ST because it had a TTV6 w/ 350+/- horsepower. The Blazer just has the standard corporate 3.6 which makes it just as quick as the 2013 Equinox.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 03-01-2019 at 11:01 AM.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

its a good thing this isnt a camaro, if it were it wouldnt sell and it woult have no room for people or stuff. I dont think chevy is claiming this is a raised version of the RWD camaro. The pricing is high, but the Edge Platinum is nearly $50k loaded with a 2L turbo. And the edge doesn't come with much of anything standard that isn't on the blazer.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information